Texas Roadhouse in Somerset should be open today

News only pertaining to Lake Cumberland

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Texas Roadhouse in Somerset should be open today

Post by E_ »

http://www.somerset-kentucky.com/newsli ... open-Dec-9
Texas Roadhouse to open Dec. 9

by Chris Harris
Commonwealth Journal

Somerset —

It’s Christmastime, and while a star is going on the top of the downtown tree, a taste of the Lonestar state will soon be going in local stomachs.

Texas Roadhouse is set to officially open for business on Monday, December 9 — so close to now, you can practically smell the food wafting over from South U.S. 27 already.

Some people in the community are getting an early taste, however — and they are those who need it the most. This week, while the restaurant is training its new staff, all the practice food being prepared is being donated to local service organizations within the community.

That includes local police and firefighters, as well as other operations dedicated to helping those in times of trouble.

According to Amanda Loucks, LMS (Local Store Marketing) Coach for Texas Roadhouse, on Monday, the restaurant delivered the food it had made to the Bethany House Abuse Shelter, as well as the responders’ headquarters. On Tuesday, they drove it over to God’s Food Pantry, to help the local food bank supplant its stock in providing food for the less fortunate during this holiday season.

Texas Roadhouse is also donating its prepared food to the Somerset Community Mission and the Somerset-Pulaski County Chamber of Commerce.

“We’re all about giving back to the community,” said Loucks. “We don’t pay for sponsorships. We don’t pay for television (spots) or advertising. We just go and give anything (to the community) that they need.”

Texas Roadhouse may draw on the food from down south, but it’s actually a Bluegrass business, headquartered in Louisville, Ky. It was founded by native Kentuckian Kent Taylor, who formerly managed a Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant. The company was founded in 1993 in Clarksville, Ind., and now operates over 400 restaurant locations in 48 states. It is renowned for its steaks, ribs, chicken, and buckets of complimentary peanuts.

“Legendary food and legendary service” is what people can expect from Texas Roadhouse, according to Loucks.

“All the food is made from scratch,” she said “Hand-cut steaks, fall-off-the-bone rubs, made-from-scratch sides and dressings, legendary margaritas and ice-cold beer.”

On Friday and Saturday, the local restaurant is hosting an invitation-only pre-opening event, and will help raise money for the American Cancer Society.

"This incredible organization helps thousands of families each year, in their greatest hour of need," said Texas Roadhouse managing partner Joe Hamlet. "We're proud to partner with this wonderful organization and can't imagine a better way to celebrate our opening than by helping agencies that serve so many families across this community."

In 2012 Texas Roadhouse was named Top Steakhouse in the Nation's Restaurant News' Consumer Picks survey, and in 2007 and 2008 Forbes Magazine ranked the company as one of the 200 Best Small Companies.

The restaurant officially opens the doors at 100 Stonegate Center on Monday, December 9 from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.

According to Loucks, the restaurant has created 170 new jobs in the area, hiring individuals from around the community.
- See more at: http://www.somerset-kentucky.com/newsli ... 8V86U.dpuf
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
JLA

Re: Texas Roadhouse in Somerset should be open today

Post by JLA »

Somerset is moving up in the world. Texas Roadhouse is a great family place to go to with awesome food. If you've never tried it, what are you waiting for? Go now.
Some days I'm the baby, some days I'm the diaper........
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Look Jpatton, new bushes for you to break in! lol
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Look Jpatton, new bushes for you to break in! lol
I'm thinkin' I don't wanna know what that's all about! :-s #-o
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
raptorlvr
Marina/Ramp: Jamestown Marina

Post by raptorlvr »

Looking forward to checking it out. But, I think I'll wait a week or two until the crowds thin out!
DMS

Post by DMS »

raptorlvr wrote:Looking forward to checking it out. But, I think I'll wait a week or two until the crowds thin out!
Went by Sunday and d@mn! They were parking EVERYWHERE including the muddy parking lot out back and neighboring store lots.

Return to “News”