Fall Forum party will be at Jamestown Resort Marina Oct. 13

News only pertaining to Lake Cumberland

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Fall Forum party will be at Jamestown Resort Marina Oct. 13

Post by E_ »

More details to come but the Fall Forum/s party will be at Jamestown Resort Marina October 12, 13, and 14 - 2012.

As usual this event is for LakeCumberland.com/forum and LakeCumberlandBoaters.com/forum members but is also open to all other lake forum comunites as well as slip holders of the marina and anyone else that is just interested in Lake Cumberland.

Here is a facebook event you can forward to your friends - https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/265234866910693/
IMG_20120630_213646 (Custom).jpg
IMG_20120630_213646 (Custom).jpg (33.93 KiB) Viewed 12321 times
We will follow our normal agenda for the most part:
Friday - some will show at the Marina in transient slips and or get rooms
Saturday -
3PM CT Festivities begin at the Yacht club with the bi annual cornhole tournament
Followed just behind that with a Pot Luck dinner
Normally around 8PM CT or later the band will start up

Sunday - the restaurant will be open for those wanting breakfast etc. JRM will have the restaurant open all weekend during normal fall hours.

Room Info
The rate is $59.95 per night for 2 adults (plus tax) for the Deluxe Suites and $99.95 per night (2 adults + tax) for the Super Suites.

There are rooms in Block, they just need to mention they are with the lakecumerland.com / lakecumberlandboaters.com Fall Forum Party for the special rates.

NO PETS and they will take the first nights lodging for a deposit. The reservationist will explain all the details when they call.

JRM says they have had a few people call concerning the rooms for the party already but do not know if they booked.

Overnight slips 10x20 no electric are $10.00 per night for our guest.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Fall Forum party will be at Jamestown Resort Marina Oct.

Post by E_ »

Band has NOT been selected yet. If you know of a good band that is not excessively expensive, would play a good variety of music for the lake crowd and might like the idea of a Free Houseboatel for a weekend please send those ideas to E or post about them on either of the lake forums as E will be starting a thread about the bands. (Ugly Early is already booked)

Hotel Rooms at JRM will be available at a discounted price. This will be updated once we have the rates.

No boatels this year (except for the band) BUT if there is a LOT of interest in boatels we MIGHT could see if State Dock could set a few up. JRM has stated if that happened they would provide a shuttle during normal hours to and from the boatels. I have only tossed the idea around with a State Dock employee but have not yet requested or confirmed anything with CatDaddy.

MPII

Post by MPII »

Wow, its amazing that we are already discussing the Fall Forum Party.........Plenty of Summer Left, especially, at these temperatures.
Character is not what you do or say when everyone is watching you, its what you do and say when no one else is around.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

lol, I have been discussing the fall forum party with JRM since January. It took till now to get everything lined up. :P
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Room Info added above
(
Room Info
The rate is $59.95 per night for 2 adults (plus tax) for the Deluxe Suites and $99.95 per night (2 adults + tax) for the Super Suites.

There are rooms in Block, they just need to mention they are with the lakecumerland.com / lakecumberlandboaters.com Fall Forum Party for the special rates.

NO PETS and they will take the first nights lodging for a deposit. The reservationist will explain all the details when they call.

JRM says they have had a few people call concerning the rooms for the party already but do not know if they booked.)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

The rooms are a $20 discount for Fall Weekend rates. And much less than you are used to for Summer weekend rates. Contact JRM to book your room ASAP to ensure you are in the forum party block. ;-) http://jamestown-marina.com/lodge.html
TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER
Marina/Ramp: Burnt Store Marina Florida

Post by TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER »

MPII wrote:Wow, its amazing that we are already discussing the Fall Forum Party.........Plenty of Summer Left, especially, at these temperatures.
EXACTLY, POKER RUN BABY...
MY BABY WAS BOTTLE FED, IS YOURS???
MissSwitzerland
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Knight's Landing

Post by MissSwitzerland »

Shew!! Those are alot of steps to climb at the end of a long night of adult beverages!!! I don't think I can carry Dave up them again! Did that once (remember LC?)!!! It wasn't pretty!!! #:-s
When the Queen is Happy there is Peace in the Kingdom!
DMS

Post by DMS »

MissSwitzerland wrote:Shew!! Those are alot of steps to climb at the end of a long night of adult beverages!!!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

24 yes's and 29 maybes on the facebook event already. Feel free to forward the event around!
E_
Site Admin

Fall Forum party JRM Oct 2012 (Shirt Rough Draft)

Post by E_ »

Also here is a ROUGH draft of the t-shirts plannned. Kinda completes the set of similar shirts. 1 for Grider, 1 for State and now 1 for Jamestown Marina. I'm sure a few of you will have all 3. B-)

Like is said this is a VERY rough draft. The JRM logo is what they sent me but they may change it as it was just a pic of the logo (I am guessing from a houseboat or something) and I could not really send it on to LCK for printing.
2012 Fall Shirt ROUGH DRAFT.JPG
2012 Fall Shirt ROUGH DRAFT.JPG (53.82 KiB) Viewed 12159 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

TTT NEXT WEEKEND!
Soak-up-the-Sun
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by Soak-up-the-Sun »

What is everyone bringing to the potluck?? I haven't decided what to bring yet. Is there a list going and I've missed it somewhere?
Happy camper and happy boater!!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Nope, feel free to start a thread on both forums for the potluck. :)

I always bring some kind of desert and sometimes I bring a meat dish. (last year I brought a bourbon barrell cake. ;) )
Islander_212
Marina/Ramp: State Dock / Caney Fork

Post by Islander_212 »

We will bring something most excellent!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Forecast looking better :YMPRAY:
Attachments
8daylivestream_full.jpg
8daylivestream_full.jpg (34.11 KiB) Viewed 12043 times
MissSwitzerland
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Knight's Landing

Post by MissSwitzerland »

We can't come! Have obligations at church this weekend that we can't ditch! :( Ya'll have a great time! E would probably put our room at the opposite end of the lodge anyway like he did our houseboat last year!!! =)) We got the hint!! LOLOLOL!!!!
When the Queen is Happy there is Peace in the Kingdom!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

lol, for the record I had NOTHING to do with that.

But, off the record I will miss you and your crew being there. :(
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Oooooh up another couple of degrees and the rain chance dropped to 10% (this is Lexington forecast)
8daylivestream_full.jpg
8daylivestream_full.jpg (20.17 KiB) Viewed 12001 times

Accuweather looks even better when set to Jamestown.
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/jamest ... her/333359
Accuweather.JPG
Accuweather.JPG (22.75 KiB) Viewed 12001 times
Looks to be a GREAT weekend for boating. If you have not decided to come down yet maybe this info above will help. Come on down, enjoy a great time and meet your fellow forum members. Have a day of cornhole, potluck, live band and just good ole fellowship. JRM still has rooms available at a discount rate for the party if you feel you might want to spend the night one of those nights. Saturday is the "main event" but many make it a 3 day weekend.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

By the way the event will be at the Yacht club. Which as you come down the stairs it is to the right.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Wooohoo, tomorrow for me, tonight for many! Can't wait to see $pare and Katie!
Wish Re3 could drop by.
Islander_212

Post by Islander_212 »

I have cornhole boards and am heading South! See everyone there. I might even have nametags too if someone wants to partake.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Wooohoo, tomorrow for me, tonight for many! Can't wait to see $pare and Katie!
Wish Re3 could drop by.
So do I... :( Our Fl trip has been delayed due to a water problem in FL which means no water Mon and boil water advisories to follow. GWW is very unhappy so I'm not even going to bring this up again! :ymsigh:
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Islander_212 wrote:I have cornhole boards and am heading South! See everyone there. I might even have nametags too if someone wants to partake.

Thanks Islander, I got a e-mail today that worried me that might only have one set.
Re: Event Schedule
Friday, October 12, 2012 11:18 AM
To: "E_HILLMAN"

I believe we have two sets, but I can't contact anyone to confirm.

frieda
Event Coordinator
Jamestown Resort & Marina
3677 S Highway 92E
Jamestown KY 42629

RE3, I am still going to hold out hope that you might stop by and see us if just for a moment.
Islander_212

Post by Islander_212 »

I am here now waiting on the rest of you to show up. About to head out on the boat for a bit. Enjoying a cold one right now. I do have a set of boards here. We will use them up here at the lodge tonight and bring them down tomorrow if they are needed.

E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

You suck!

ok, maybe I am just jealous! :P
Islander_212

Post by Islander_212 »

E_HILLMAN wrote:You suck!

ok, maybe I am just jealous! :P
I am glad you approve!
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: JRM

Post by LC addict »

I have a set of Cardinal Red corn hole boards if you need them just let me know ;-)
My greatest accomplishments call me Mom!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Hopefully we are ok and they can stay in lil louisville. lol
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

[quote="E_HILLMAN"

RE3, I am still going to hold out hope that you might stop by and see us if just for a moment.[/quote]

Not gonna happen.... :( :( Had a bad last visit in OH last weekend and then this delay has really kicked in the testy factor. I have learned to pick my battles.... :ymsigh:
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Tell him I will be sad all winter if I don't get to see you. Tell him I cried. Tell him I would love to see him too if he wants to come. Heck I'll even launch my boat and take you two on a boat ride (god willing and it is still ok in Jabez as I am really scared if it is ok or not) tomorrow at lunch. I'll pick you two up and call a cab from somerset to take you home.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Come on out water is fine.
IMG_20121013_134000.jpg
IMG_20121013_134000.jpg (60.83 KiB) Viewed 11877 times
Attachments
IMG_20121013_134009.jpg
IMG_20121013_134009.jpg (68.65 KiB) Viewed 11877 times
DMS

Post by DMS »

Hope everyone had a great time! I wanted to be there but duty called and didnt let go till after dark :(
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Always fun when out on the lake. Here is Islander adding a lil pep to the ride back to the dock. B-)
VID_20121013_141756.3gp
(6.9 MiB) Downloaded 8189 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

JPatton Chillin Saturday afternoon.
JPatton Chillin Saturday afternoon.
IMG_20121013_131657.jpg (53.17 KiB) Viewed 11869 times
BOAT RIDE
BOAT RIDE
IMG_20121013_132104.jpg (72.45 KiB) Viewed 11869 times
Anchored out
Anchored out
IMG_20121013_133947.jpg (62.41 KiB) Viewed 11869 times
Showin out. lol
Showin out. lol
IMG_20121013_134000.jpg (60.83 KiB) Viewed 11869 times
Islander cruisin
Islander cruisin
IMG_20121013_141749.jpg (52.67 KiB) Viewed 11869 times
Islander 2
Islander 2
IMG_20121013_141752.jpg (53.84 KiB) Viewed 11869 times
Katie, LC, JanAss, $pare, Red, JP
Katie, LC, JanAss, $pare, Red, JP
IMG_20121013_175747.jpg (81.31 KiB) Viewed 11866 times
IMG_20121013_175753.jpg
IMG_20121013_175753.jpg (77.06 KiB) Viewed 11864 times
Championship game
Championship game
IMG_20121013_183731.jpg (85.3 KiB) Viewed 11864 times
Found where someone wrote this on the cornhole pad.  Someone had fun.
Found where someone wrote this on the cornhole pad. Someone had fun.
IMG_20121014_001755.jpg (46.14 KiB) Viewed 11863 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

JRM as I left after the band shut down and I had done some tidying up of the Yacht club.
IMG_20121014_002409.jpg
IMG_20121014_002409.jpg (51.61 KiB) Viewed 11862 times

Sunrise Sunday AM
IMG_20121014_083237.jpg
IMG_20121014_083237.jpg (54.06 KiB) Viewed 11862 times
Red Top on far left is E this morning waiting on a pumpout while talking to JanAss
netcam2.jpg
netcam2.jpg (40.01 KiB) Viewed 11862 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Here are a couple pics St*v* Wolsiff*er posted on the 2012 Fall Forums Party Facebook Event page.
52772_4267535338645_1526000248_o (Medium).jpg
52772_4267535338645_1526000248_o (Medium).jpg (84.23 KiB) Viewed 11801 times
...NOW its the Redneck Yacht Club.  lol    Islander, LC Addict, and E
...NOW its the Redneck Yacht Club. lol Islander, LC Addict, and E
Yacht club (Medium).jpg (82.77 KiB) Viewed 11801 times
DMS

Post by DMS »

What about the turtle?
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

lol, never checked.

I have a few shirts from people that did not make it to the Party that I need to arrange shipping options on and I also have some extras to sell. I'll list those in the shirt thread when I get a chance.
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: JRM

Post by LC addict »

Don't forget I'll take that xl long sleeve shirt, I can just catch up with you next time you are at the lake if you will be there anytime soon.
My greatest accomplishments call me Mom!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

See shirt thread ;)

Return to “News”