LC.com down

News only pertaining to Lake Cumberland

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: LC.com down

Post by E_ »

Looks like they are planning to be up by 10PM.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER
Marina/Ramp: Burnt Store Marina Florida

Post by TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER »

What day
MY BABY WAS BOTTLE FED, IS YOURS???
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Post by Nervous Wreck »

Still down this AM. (8:27 EST)
Must be doing a 'major makeover!
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

Why do I always read (say to myself) "LC.condom" when I read this thread title, LOL?
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Cause ur naughty?
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Cause ur naughty?

mebbe..... ;)
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
Captain Bob
Better Member

Post by Captain Bob »

I understand that LCNN is in the process of a pretty extensive makeover of LC.com and he is doing it in stages. I'm not sure of all the changes yet but some of them are long overdue. I would expect to see some ..uh.. information shared in the very near future and, IMHO, a majority of folks are going to like it....... ;)
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

It's back up,........... and I'm still banned......... :ymhug:
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Nervous Wreck »

Lock5 wrote:It's back up,........... and I'm still banned......... :ymhug:
bummer!
HBer
I posted something! WooHoo!

Post by HBer »

It's up now as I just left it.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Lock5 wrote:It's back up,........... and I'm still banned......... :ymhug:
#-o Me too! Are you really surprised? #-o :ymsigh:
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

give it time.. garsh..
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

E_HILLMAN wrote:give it time.. garsh..
Pardon me..... #:-s
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

It appears at the moment you can not reply to topics on Lake Cumberland.com at first I thought it was my connection at work but it seems someone else had trouble posting and I have now tried to reply to a topic at home and can not. I e-mailed LCNN and Waterwings.
WaterWings
Better Member

Post by WaterWings »

Thanks E I really appreciate it! I'm not sure whats wrong. I can't log on at all now.
Hope LCNN gets your message and can work some magic. I'll send him another one to be sure.

I owe you a cold one. When you get that new boat we need a raft up. :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I need someone to find me the perfect next boat first.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

all lookin good this AM
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Ought oh.

Database connection error!
A connection to the Database could not be established.
Please check your username, password, database name and host.
Also make sure config.php is rightly configured!

The system has failed to process your request. If you're an administrator, please set the DEBUG flag to true in config.php.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Anyone else having trouble connecting this morning? I can't get to LC.com on my work computer, my cell phone, or my work cell phone etc.

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
Fall Creek
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Fall Creek rmap

Post by Fall Creek »

yeah, I can't get on either.
Captain Bob
Better Member

Post by Captain Bob »

Hmmmm...? Do you suppose something special is about to happen? ;)

:ymapplause: :-ss :D
WaterWings
Better Member

Post by WaterWings »

The Great Wizard of Oz is doing things behind the curtains again with his great all knowing, all telling, fire breathing, ferocious sounding machine. :-ss :-ss

Dang Flyin Monkeys are never around when you need one. :-B
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

LMAO, thanks for the update WW!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Image LMAO
djcardinal
Contributor

Post by djcardinal »

You guys really think there is someone over there that actually knows what they are doing? I would be embarrassed if it were my web site. Just saying, nothing about it is rocket science.

DJ
Fall Creek
Better Member

Post by Fall Creek »

Well I hope it's done soon, I just don't think I can go on much longer without my lc.com daily fix :-)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

lol
Soak-up-the-Sun
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by Soak-up-the-Sun »

Hi-- I knew I'd find y'all here!! Any word on when the wizard will let us back into Oz? :-w (-| :-w 8-| i-) :-w /:)
Happy camper and happy boater!!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Not sure, still down when I checked just now. I bet Waterwings took it down so he could finally get himself to do some work. LMAO.
WaterWings
Better Member

Post by WaterWings »

Soak-up-the-Sun wrote:Hi-- I knew I'd find y'all here!! Any word on when the wizard will let us back into Oz? :-w (-| :-w 8-| i-) :-w /:)

Sorry Soak-up I don't know a thing. As Captain Bob hinted, he was hoping to make some big changes to the front page recently and I have a feeling therein lies the problem, but don't know.

Trust me I am as bored as the rest of you. I've got 4 articles to post (that no one will read) and I'm even starting to do some actual work, at work, for a change. I'm even thinking of posting on fishin.com. :-s
Soak-up-the-Sun
Better Member

Hopefully the reason that it's taking so long is they are downloading all the new smiley faces. Soon, I won't have to type words anymore, less of my chatty b.s., my posts will be much shorter so more room for more smilies, lol.....
=p~ @-) [-( 8-} ;;) :-\ :ymhug: :ymsick: :-$ i-) (-| =p~
Soak-up-the-Sun
Better Member

O:-) :ymdevil:
Pop-O
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: State Dock/Punkin Creek

Post by Pop-O »

djcardinal wrote:You guys really think there is someone over there that actually knows what they are doing? I would be embarrassed if it were my web site. Just saying, nothing about it is rocket science.

DJ
What's the link to your site? We'll all sign on for some enlightenment from a firecracker scientist! :D
I have taken the road least traveled................and now I am freakin LOST !
Captain Bob
Better Member

Post by Captain Bob »

WaterWings wrote:
Soak-up-the-Sun wrote:Hi-- I knew I'd find y'all here!! Any word on when the wizard will let us back into Oz? :-w (-| :-w 8-| i-) :-w /:)

Sorry Soak-up I don't know a thing. As Captain Bob hinted, he was hoping to make some big changes to the front page recently and I have a feeling therein lies the problem, but don't know.

Trust me I am as bored as the rest of you. I've got 4 articles to post (that no one will read) and I'm even starting to do some actual work, at work, for a change. I'm even thinking of posting on fishin.com. :-s

First of all, ol' Captain Bob is not making changes. I'm retired from all this. But yes, there are some very smart individuals working behind the curtain. Not exactly sure what they are doing --but they sure are doing. ;) B-)

It never ceases to amaze (no, change that to "interest") me that so many people are interested in whether LC.com is on-line or not. And, not long ago, some of these people used to.... Well, I'll leave it at that.

Gotta chuckle at the comments about it not being "rocket science". That is possibly true but, if it was as easy as some people make it out to be, they would have their own site and forum and run it the way they think best. Where are those sites?

In the meantime, this is a great opportunity for all of us to actually move away from the keyboard --and get something done :)) :))
djcardinal
Contributor

Post by djcardinal »

LOL, Pop-O, I have many sites that I am part of, but those are commercial and not sites I own. However you can bet your jack stands, LOL, that I would know what to do. Now ask me a boat and/or motor question, and I will immediately defer to experts like your self and your son.

Yes Captain Bob, with all due respect to you sir as I know its not your site, its not rocket science. It's a lake web page (THAT HASN'T worked for some time) and also a forum. I am not in that specific IT business (web hosting) but if I was, yeah I would sure know what was needed to be done to A) make it run 99.9% of the time (not even the industry standard of five-nines), B) Have the basic functionality work and if it didn't not leave it like that for months, C) could plan and perform an upgrade without a days outage. Lets be honest, that site is very popular and together with Facebook and other social sites, has a presence that is very noted (good or bad).

Since this is a forum, I am just offering my opinion from an IT experts perception. Does that make me right? Not necessarily. However, there is a thing called credibility, and right now, I don't worry about that. If I wanted to, I could spin up a site and forum in a matter of minutes. There is enough open source code out there in an AMI to do such a thing. All without a huge cost, as we always here about over there. I believe I could run it on any of my cloud servers for a grand total of $376 dollars a year. If I wanted to get cute I could load balance it, for a little bit more.

I am not trying to be a dick about it, but this is a more loosely monitored forum, and obviously is open for debate. There are always two sides to the debate, and this is merely mine. As I said above, does that make me 100% right, no, but as I also said above, you're only shooting for 99.9% :)) :)) :))

DJ
WaterWings
Better Member

Post by WaterWings »

Well, I for one, don't profess to know anything about hosting web sites or keeping them up. They don't even trust me with the keys and... frankly I'm happy about that.
DJ there is one individual (an employee at STATE DOCK I might add) that has kept the site going since Mr. Davenport (the last known owner) passed away. If it had not been for him there would be no LC.com today. As you said its a popular site and a lot of people look forward to visiting every day.
Is he as smart as a rocket scientist...dunno. You don't seem to think so, but I certainly appreciate his efforts and I have to stand behind him. I'll personally give him the time, chance, and benefit of a doubt to fix things. As I said he does have another paying job.

Now for a disclaimer...yep, I'm an unpaid admin over there, but I have honestly never met our current "Wizard of Oz". Couldn't pick him out of a room full of basketball players.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

WaterWings wrote:Well, I for one, don't profess to know anything.
AMEN! An honest man! :D ;;) :-* =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
WaterWings
Better Member

Post by WaterWings »

re3too wrote:
:)) :)) I humbly bow to the lady whose days on this planet far exceeds my own and has thus acquired greater knowledge.
:ymhug: :)) :ymhug: :))
Nearly

Post by Nearly »

WaterWings wrote:
re3too wrote:
:)) :)) I humbly bow to the lady whose days on this planet far exceeds my own and has thus acquired greater knowledge.
You better watch it. I understand she gives really great knuckle samiches to go along with all that experience..
WaterWings
Better Member

Post by WaterWings »

Nearly wrote:
WaterWings wrote:
re3too wrote:
You better watch it. I understand she gives really great knuckle samiches to go along with all that experience..
Hey I was dancing all around the issue with that response. Looked like one of dem cloggin dancers on crack. :))

I have also acquired enough days on this planet to know better than to engage in a verbal jousting match when I lack sufficient weapons. :-B
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Jist keep jibber jabbering, WW! I DO know where your boats are docked! :D :D
WaterWings
Better Member

Post by WaterWings »

We're back and the "Wizard" is pulling his hair out. ;)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

WELCOME BACK LC.com!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

lol, hoping for some good changes.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

BTW, I went to the homepage and it appears for now you can go here http://209.59.221.29/~access33/forum/ to access the LakeCumberland.com forum. ;)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Hey! Normal link is back up! http://www.lakecumberland.com/forum/
Fall Creek
Better Member

Post by Fall Creek »

database error this morning @ 7:52 am
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Yep, I'm getting a 500 error myself. Hopefully just good growing pains. lol
watt money
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Conley Bottom

Post by watt money »

I've been able to get on this morning 3 times.
kdfwr911
Better Member

Post by kdfwr911 »

I haven't been able to access LC.com for 2-3 days now. But the last time I was able to access it I think I got a preview of the new look. Then the next link I clicked everything was gone and I haven't been able to access it since.
Last edited by kdfwr911 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

FYI, if you still can't get to the site today I've noticed that when lakecumberland.com/forum does not work going to a specific thread such as http://lakecumberland.com/forum/viewthr ... ?tid=33793 does seem to work. ;) Then you can hit "today's posts" and see the rest. If you get an error at any point once you are in a refresh usually takes care of it.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Don't care enuff to go to that much twuble! #:-s #:-s
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Nervous Wreck »

@ 911's avatar...

=))
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Message from Lakecumberland.com/forum

Sorry, the forum is temporarily unavailable for system maintenance. Please check back later. We anticipate having the forum back on by 6am, but will keep you informed here.
WaterWings
Better Member

Post by WaterWings »

E_HILLMAN wrote:
Message from Lakecumberland.com/forum

Sorry, the forum is temporarily unavailable for system maintenance. Please check back later. We anticipate having the forum back on by 6am, but will keep you informed here.

Yep, we're down again. :((

Da "Wizard of Oz" is switching servers again or something. He hated to do this now with all the recent news in Somerset and other things going on but it was now or never, AND unfortunately, it takes some time to make the switch.

E, I didn't even get that message. I just couldn't log on. I was going to do my usual morning routine of deleting spammers and couldn't get on. Oh well... eventually I hope he gets that big machine behind the curtain to settled down. @-) @-)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

When he said 6am did he mean tomorrow? LOL
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Nervous Wreck »

Yup, 12:47 PM EST and still down! :(
djcardinal
Contributor

Post by djcardinal »

E_HILLMAN wrote:When he said 6am did he mean tomorrow? LOL
Stop it LOL!!!
TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER

djcardinal wrote:
E_HILLMAN wrote:When he said 6am did he mean tomorrow? LOL
Stop it LOL!!!

Nice avatar. =)) =)) =))
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Looks like he meant 6PM as they are UP right now!
TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER

E_HILLMAN wrote:Looks like he meant 6PM as they are UP right now!

Not so fast,young grass hopper, only the forum's home page is up.
Soak-up-the-Sun
Better Member

Looks like late night is another chance for lc.com to shut down for maintenance, was reading and *poof* not anymore....don't they know I work late and post late most of the time?? Is that a hint to shut my mouth there and spout it here instead??lol
:D ;;) :-? =p~ (-|
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

lol
Captain Bob
Better Member

Post by Captain Bob »

I have a feeling that things will stabilize on the Forum now (at least for a while) and the newest server (they keep getting bigger & faster ..and more expensive) seems to make things noticeably faster. :-BD

Hopefully, after he catches his breath for a day or so, the ol' Wizard will find some time to start re-establishing some of those links that were taken down during the "Big Changeover". :YMPRAY:
Islander_212
Marina/Ramp: State Dock / Caney Fork

Post by Islander_212 »

I've been banned?

You are not authorized to view this page
The Web server you are attempting to reach has a list of IP addresses that are not allowed to access the Web site, and the IP address of your browsing computer is on this list.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:
•Contact the Web site administrator if you believe you should be able to view this directory or page.

HTTP Error 403.6 - Forbidden: IP address of the client has been rejected.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)
•Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 403.
•Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled About Security, Limiting Access by IP Address, IP Address Access Restrictions, and About Custom Error Messages.
MarineAssist
Better Member

Post by MarineAssist »

Islander_212 wrote:I've been banned?

You are not authorized to view this page
The Web server you are attempting to reach has a list of IP addresses that are not allowed to access the Web site, and the IP address of your browsing computer is on this list.

Please try the following:
•Contact the Web site administrator if you believe you should be able to view this directory or page.

HTTP Error 403.6 - Forbidden: IP address of the client has been rejected.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

Technical Information (for support personnel)
•Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 403.
•Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled About Security, Limiting Access by IP Address, IP Address Access Restrictions, and About Custom Error Messages.

Me too. I guess we are just both "problems" that had to be dealt with.
:D
DMS

Post by DMS »

Me 3
TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER

Same here, and I have some valuable information to add to the, "met my first idiot today"...
Islander_212

Post by Islander_212 »

Back on now!
Islander_212

Post by Islander_212 »

MarineAssist wrote:
Me too. I guess we are just both "problems" that had to be dealt with.
:D
That is always a distinct possiblity!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Sounds like they are working on combatting the spammers and had a little slip up. To keep spammers from coming through here I quit banning by IP and using the captcha code. Instead we now have a complex question generally only answerable by half intelligent Americans. If they get beyond that all new members posts have to be approved by a mod or admin before everyone else can see them. Helps combat trolls as well. lol
E_
Site Admin

Re: LC.com down 1-31-2014

Post by E_ »

Anyone else having trouble getting to http://lakecumberland.com/forum ? I have tried two phones (one 3G one 4G and 2 different land line networks with no luck so guessing it is not just me) Been happening for almost a hour now I think.
Pop-O
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: State Dock/Punkin Creek

Post by Pop-O »

Don't go there no mo. I checked the link for you, can't get on either.
I have taken the road least traveled................and now I am freakin LOST !
TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER

I'll bet the ObamaCare people are to blame... =)) =)) =))
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

lol RV, getting a DB Error now
Database connection error!
A connection to the Database could not be established.
Please check your username, password, database name and host.
Also make sure config.php is rightly configured!

The system has failed to process your request. If you're an administrator, please set the DEBUG flag to true in config.php.

Return to “News”