2012 SOKY Polar Bear Plunge

News only pertaining to Lake Cumberland

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

rockinrod7
Marina/Ramp: Cumberland Point

2012 SOKY Polar Bear Plunge

Post by rockinrod7 »

Sorry about the tardiness of finally posting and thanks to Quickie, EHillman, and others that have mentioned it already. Plenty of work is still going on and personally during a year without really having the time to only give about 50% of my usual effort.....it's really nice to somewhat sit back and watch all the years of EVERYONE'S hard work coming to fruition. As of right now we already have 24 teams signed up and 118 plungers online!!!!!!!!! Staggering numbers to say the least and should help us to EASILY surpass last years record breaking plunge.

The Plunge is once again being hosted by Lees Ford Marina and will take place on Sat. Feb., 25th. They do have cabin rentals available as usual but better call quick as I don't know if there are any left.

There is still plenty of time to either sign up or get your donation in!!!!!! I changed our team name this year to Polar Warriors due to the fact that as of right now it is just a collection of myself and some other veterans from our local groups.. Next year though I would really like to put all the differences and whatever aside and return Team LakeCumberland.Com with a vengenance and show all of our "new plungers" just how we roll. :) Anyway.......you know the drill .......

GET SIGNED UP OR DONATE TODAY!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

http://soky.kintera.org/faf/search/sear ... am=4941287
Voting for Obama and his tax theories are comparable to a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders......Good luck everyone. :(
rockinrod7

Re: 2012 SOKY Polar Bear Plunge

Post by rockinrod7 »

Or you can follow us on our Facebook page that Eric doesn't keep updated. lol J/K sir!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lake-Cumb ... 3201732042
Voting for Obama and his tax theories are comparable to a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders......Good luck everyone. :(
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Post by FasterThanYou »

HEY RODNEY - MY WIFE IS KICKIN YOUR A$$!!!!!!!!!!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

TTT,

I didn't make it down last year but here is a little something from 2010
0227101129a (Custom).jpg
0227101129a (Custom).jpg (74.17 KiB) Viewed 8686 times
0227101319a.jpg
0227101319a.jpg (60.68 KiB) Viewed 8686 times
0227101156c.jpg
0227101156c.jpg (50.15 KiB) Viewed 8687 times
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
rockinrod7

Post by rockinrod7 »

Come on guys it's not to late to donate or sign up to Plunge!!!!!!!!!!
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

You know I always wait till the end. lol
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

OK People just over a week to donate and or join a team!
Here is the team for Rockinrod
http://soky.kintera.org/faf/search/sear ... 41287&cj=Y

Not sure what team Faster's wife is on... Everyone doesn't have to give a lot (I don't), but if everyone could give just a little it will still make a big difference.
rockinrod7

Post by rockinrod7 »

Deanna is captain of the Somerset Community College team.

Here is her link.

http://soky.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/do ... =331224638
rockinrod7

Post by rockinrod7 »

Thanks to all that have donated or volunteered!!!!!! But it's not too late!!!!!!! We're just a week away so get those wallets out and let's get busy donating!!!!!!!
rockinrod7

Post by rockinrod7 »

WOW!!!!!!!!! JUST jumped on SOKY page to check and we have 133 plungers signed up on-line already!!!!!!!
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Put my money on Rod again! I figger wif only 2" in Nancy he needs all the help he can git! :D ;;) :-*
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
rockinrod7

Post by rockinrod7 »

re3too wrote:Put my money on Rod again! I figger wif only 2" in Nancy he needs all the help he can git! :D ;;) :-*

Almost got 3 yesterday! :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
rockinrod7

Post by rockinrod7 »

We are in the home stretch everyone.........Soooo If you haven't made that donation yet or are still on the fence whether to participate or not... DO IT TODAY!!!!!

Still looking like it is gonna be another sunny "warmer" plunge day and it is shaping up to be one of our LARGEST plunges yet!!!!! Don't miss out!!

Link to my donation page:

http://soky.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/do ... lis=1&knta...

Link to general page where you can sign up, form a team, or make a general donation:

http://soky.kintera.org/faf/home/defaul ... tae999473=...

As of this morning we have picked up 2 new teams for a total of 26 and ALREADY have 140 plungers signed up!!!!!!!! AWESOME numbers but we WANT MORE!!!!!!!!! Took us 8 years to finally break that 100 mark so let's just shoot high and break 200 the following year!!!!!!!!!
rockinrod7

Post by rockinrod7 »

And thank you to EVERYONE that has donated already!!!!!!!
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

rockinrod7 wrote:
re3too wrote:Put my money on Rod again! I figger wif only 2" in Nancy he needs all the help he can git! :D ;;) :-*

Almost got 3 yesterday! :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
I don't even wanna know how ya mighta "pulled" that off! :D :D :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

=))
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Not the response there usta be.... :( :(
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Yep
rockinrod7

Post by rockinrod7 »

It's called having too many irons in the fire. :(
rockinrod7

Post by rockinrod7 »

T minus 22 hours and counting!!!!!!! Still PLENTY OF TIME to either get signed up or make a donation today!!!! And don't forget to stop by and join the EVER GROWING crowd tomorrow. And if you have nothing to do after the plunge then stop by the house and Faster and I will help you get warmed back up! :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Would if we were near. Jist keep slower's dogs outta my yard! :D :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Islander_212
Marina/Ramp: State Dock / Caney Fork

Post by Islander_212 »

E, are you heading down there today? If you are coming down and come through D-ville you can pick me up, or I can drive us down from here... Just give me a yell! Cousin Ronnie wimped out!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I'd love to but I figured I would stay with the wife and baby today. Thanks for the offer (however Danville would be a bit out of the way for me to get to LFM lol) I'm still hoping one day when you are posting about heading to the lake on a unusually warm winter day that I will be off. lol
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Starting to see some activity on the dock
Attachments
001leeswebcam.jpg
001leeswebcam.jpg (64.15 KiB) Viewed 8508 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Quite a lil crowd
Attachments
001leeswebcam.jpg
001leeswebcam.jpg (63.4 KiB) Viewed 8504 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Activity on the jump boats too
Attachments
001leeswebcam.jpg
001leeswebcam.jpg (64.16 KiB) Viewed 8504 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

001leeswebcam.jpg
001leeswebcam.jpg (63.29 KiB) Viewed 8498 times

001leeswebcamsplash.jpg
001leeswebcamsplash.jpg (60.21 KiB) Viewed 8498 times
rockinrod7

Post by rockinrod7 »

Thanks to EVERYONE that either donated, volunteered, or supported us in their own way!!!!!! Back to back RECORD breaking years.....Took us 8 years to break the century mark with 117 last year and almost hit another milestone the following year as we had 142 bravveeee souls plunge into Lake Cumberland for Special Olympics of Kentucky raising over $32,000 as of Sat. morning with money still coming in!!!!!!! You guys are AWESOME and already looking forward to our 10th Anniversary Plunge Feb. 2013!!!!!!!
rockinrod7

Post by rockinrod7 »

OH and a special thanks to Faster who accomplished more and did more running in 2 days than 95% of the rest of our "volunteer committee". :)

Return to “News”