Lake Cumberland.com

News only pertaining to Lake Cumberland

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Lake Cumberland.com

Post by E_ »

Things at LakeCumberland.com seem to be looking up.

If you have not seen Waterwings post from today titled "A New Day is Dawning at LC.com and WE WANT YOU ON BOARD!" yet just click here to go see it.
http://lakecumberland.com/forum/viewthr ... #pid389795

Because of this line here and the fact sooo much has changed there in the past month
OR maybe you're a past member who committed a minor rule infraction and were "un-invited"....WE want you to join us for a new day and a new begining.
and since many of those banned from this site were banned because of struggles with people feeling the need to speak freely about LC.com and their mods I figure I too will open up the gates to anyone that wants to come back in the hopes there is not much negative left to say about them. And if you don't that is ok too. Just keep in mind we still have our FEW rules here and that this is not the place to come to open bash other lake forums. Repeat of old behavior will not even be given a warning.See also - viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3

Having said that I am VERY happy for LakeCumberland.com and thankful for people like Waterwings and LCNN who are making it all possible. ...and for the others that have remained in the background to help with navigation along the way. It was like old times again today with this forum a bit slow but seeing characters like Lock5 etc. over there mixing it up with the gang once more.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Captain Bob
Better Member

Re: Lake Cumberland.com

Post by Captain Bob »

"..and since many of those banned from this site were banned because of struggles with people feeling the need to speak freely about LC.com and their mods I figure I too will open up the gates to anyone that wants to come back in the hopes there is not much negative left to say about them. And if you don't that is ok too. Just keep in mind we still have our FEW rules here and that this is not the place to come to open bash other lake forums. Repeat of old behavior will not even be given a warning."

If I may....

"Captain's Compliments" to E_Hillman and team for also allowing reconsideration on this site.. :ymapplause:
Last edited by Captain Bob on Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WaterWings
Better Member

Post by WaterWings »

Captain Bob wrote:"..and since many of those banned from this site were banned because of struggles with people feeling the need to speak freely about LC.com and their mods I figure I too will open up the gates to anyone that wants to come back in the hopes there is not much negative left to say about them. And if you don't that is ok too. Just keep in mind we still have our FEW rules here and that this is not the place to come to open bash other lake forums. Repeat of old behavior will not even be given a warning."

If I may....

"Captain's Compliments" to E_Hillman and team for also allowing reconsideration on this site.
Ditto!

And if I may....
E has done exactly what he said he would do the first day he opened this site up and he has stuck to that through thick and thin (and there has been a lot of trying times for him). I want to personally salute him for establishing good intentions up front... and then sticking to it. At least as far as I know, the other site has done its best to reciprocate. If not...let me know and I'll do my best to fix it. E did not set this site up to compete...just a place to have fun. (I have to admit the jokes and icons are 10 times better over here.) =))
One more thing if I may. Anyone that wants to come back...you do have to ask first. Otherwise we must assume you don't want to come back. There will be no questions asked, I promise, and as Lock5 will tell you its hard for me to get IP addresses unbanned but I will do my best for anyone that really wants to come back.
Thanks for letting me post here E and I hope to see ya all on the water soon. :ymhug:
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

The IP thing is still a problem for me, I can't see LC.com at all from work. I can see it about 60% of the time from home, it's kinda funny because at home I can type a reply and it will tell me I'm banned and cannot view the forum, then I can hit refresh and it will send the reply and take me to the thread. At this point 60% at home is better than nothing. Thanks to all that un-LOCKED me............... :ymhug:
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Lock at home your IP changes randomly. (thus why you have trouble getting on this site since I authenticate your login off your IP lol). At work they need to unband your xx.xxx.187.66 address. If you haven't yet, send Waterwings your full IP list I sent you and he can send it to LCNN. I bet some of those are not just forum blocks but full server blocks.

Oh, and thanks Waterwings and Captain Bob. :)
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

All this is great and hope things go well. I have the ability to participate again (thanks) but still kinda not sure I want to put myself out there. :| :|

Note to CB and WW.......Please do not be too nice to E! I gits tired of slappin' his fat head! Sheesh! :D ;;) =)) =))
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Well now that you can defend yourself over there I'll start pickin on you again there. It is your choice if you decide to deal with it or not. :P
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Lock at home your IP changes randomly. (thus why you have trouble getting on this site since I authenticate your login off your IP lol). At work they need to unband your xx.xxx.187.66 address. If you haven't yet, send Waterwings your full IP list I sent you and he can send it to LCNN. I bet some of those are not just forum blocks but full server blocks.

Oh, and thanks Waterwings and Captain Bob. :)

I really think it's just a forum block at work, because I can see the home page, and everything else I just can't get on the forum.

This is the message it give me.

....You are banned. You may not view the forums, post, make new topics, send U2U's or edit your posts........
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

yep, that is forum only.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

I almost pulled the trigger this AM! I may need an intervention to get over this! #:-s #:-s
locknut
Contributor

Post by locknut »

re3too wrote:I almost pulled the trigger this AM! I may need an intervention to get over this! #:-s #:-s

have you seen ANYTHING change over there yet ? :-w
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

There have been some changes that, IMHO, are positive. Am I ready to totally put myself back in the mix yet? Guess not....gettin' burned takes time to heal.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

re3too wrote:I almost pulled the trigger this AM! I may need an intervention to get over this! #:-s #:-s

Apply some bourbon, then reapply as needed. lol Just ignore that individual. We all have one of "them" out there.
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

I posted 2 whatI concider a little political. SM would have had me banned, but so far there is no reprocussions.
Soak-up-the-Sun
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by Soak-up-the-Sun »

Small steps are better than no steps.
I like it that the atmosphere now is an attempt to bring in a new, more interesting edge to chatting about whatever. New members and old are intrigued, banned ones are at least reading and reconsidering.....that's all good in my book.
I like both forums for different reasons, but this one definately has the user-friendliest setup. Thanks to E and others for making it easy to post and share here, I'm a complete dumba$$ and it took my 26 yr. old daughter sitting right next to me again, me writing down instructions, lol, and I finally got an avatar over there....here, I just did it easily today, thinking it would be difficult.... @-) =p~
:D ;;) :ymhug: :-B :)) :ymapplause: 8-} :ymparty: :o) =)) O:-) :p
I also love your smilies and I'm gonna figure out how you paste yours over there E. I've seen you do it and I'm gonna try!!LMAO!! =)) :) :ymsmug: B-) :-\
Happy camper and happy boater!!
Islander_212
Marina/Ramp: State Dock / Caney Fork

Post by Islander_212 »

Soak-up-the-Sun wrote:Small steps are better than no steps.
I like it that the atmosphere now is an attempt to bring in a new, more interesting edge to chatting about whatever. New members and old are intrigued, banned ones are at least reading and reconsidering.....that's all good in my book.
I like both forums for different reasons, but this one definately has the user-friendliest setup. Thanks to E and others for making it easy to post and share here, I'm a complete dumba$$ and it took my 26 yr. old daughter sitting right next to me again, me writing down instructions, lol, and I finally got an avatar over there....here, I just did it easily today, thinking it would be difficult.... @-) =p~
:D ;;) :ymhug: :-B :)) :ymapplause: 8-} :ymparty: :o) =)) O:-) :p
I also love your smilies and I'm gonna figure out how you paste yours over there E. I've seen you do it and I'm gonna try!!LMAO!! =)) :) :ymsmug: B-) :-\
You are so funny! You are a dumba$$. Sorry, could not resist... Don't compliment E, he cannot handle it!
Captain Bob
Better Member

Post by Captain Bob »

re3too wrote:There have been some changes that, IMHO, are positive. Am I ready to totally put myself back in the mix yet? Guess not....gettin' burned takes time to heal.

I have never known you to be so ....timid. :( :) :ymblushing:
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Captain Bob wrote:
re3too wrote:There have been some changes that, IMHO, are positive. Am I ready to totally put myself back in the mix yet? Guess not....gettin' burned takes time to heal.

I have never known you to be so ....timid. :( :) :ymblushing:
You might be surprised.... :ymsigh: :ymsigh:
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Islander_212 wrote:Don't compliment E, he cannot handle it!

LOL, FUW :p
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Soak-up-the-Sun wrote:I also love your smilies and I'm gonna figure out how you paste yours over there E. I've seen you do it and I'm gonna try!!LMAO!! =)) :) :ymsmug: B-) :-\
Just click the quote button on this post and look at the code I used for these three smileys.

First you find the smiley you like, then you right click on it and hit properties. Then you select and copy the Address for example images/smilies/110.gif is for Image Then you go there and put the img code around it.

Return to “News”