Two Charged With Unlawful Transactions With Minors, Alcohol

News only pertaining to Lake Cumberland

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Two Charged With Unlawful Transactions With Minors, Alcohol

Post by E_ »

Saw this story on Wlextv 18 news tonight but all I could find on the net was at http://lakercountry.com/ If I find the vid link I will post it.
http://lakercountry.com/2011/10/04/two- ... l-related/
Two Charged With Unlawful Transactions With Minors, Alcohol Related
Posted by Laker Country in local news on October 4, 2011 | no responses
Two Russell County residents have been charged with “Unlawful Transactions With Minors” for allegedly providing alcohol to underage persons.

Deputy Sheriff Nick Bertram told WJRS NEWS that Violet Hamm of Jamestown and Carolee Coffey of Russell Springs were charged with “four misdemeanors each” Saturday night after “he and other law enforcement officials” went to a cabin near Alligator Dock # 2 after receiving reports of minors drinking alcohol at that location.

Deputy Bertram also stated that approximately 20 underage persons were at the location….some of whom had been drinking.

Hamm and Coffey were given citations on the criminal charges to appear at a later date in Russell District Court.
This along with another story on that same site about a bootlegger being caught sure won't help the responsible people that are trying to get alcohol sales in the area. :ymsigh:
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
DMS

Re: Two Charged With Unlawful Transactions With Minors, Alco

Post by DMS »

A few details are missing...this "party" was for an 18 yr old.

Both women are from VERY good familys and this is not in character with their lives.

As for bootlegger he was Mexican selling to other Mexicans...Tecatie from what I heard
Last edited by DMS on Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Re: Two Charged With Unlawful Transactions With Minors, Alco

Post by Lock5 »

It's all about how bad they can make something look in the news, if you told the local news crews they couldn't do a story about anything that has been on a police/fire scanner. They would have to shut down. I call it scanner news and that's all they have.

Return to “News”