2011 Lake Cumberland Raftup

News only pertaining to Lake Cumberland

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

2011 Lake Cumberland Raftup

Post by E_ »

Just saw this on Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/State-Dock/50990952787

State Dock
Lake Cumberland Raft Up is August 13th at Camp Earl Wallace. Caught Red Handed to play once again on the floating stage.
24 minutes ago via iPhone · 14 ·LikeUnlike ·
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Re: 2011 Lake Cumberland Raftup

Post by re3too »

Our plans right now are to be headed to Lake Tahoe for granddaughter's 3 day "destination" wedding event! #:-s #:-s
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Raftup location changed,

See http://lakecumberland.com/forum/viewthr ... #pid374298 for more details
Originally posted by Cat Daddy1
The Lake Cumberland Raft Up is on but will not be moved to the new location at Camp Earl Wallace. Wayne County EMS had concerns about the new location and the access and proximity to both Somerset and Wayne County hospitals. In addition, they contirbuted significant resources to developing a comprehensive plan last year. With this many people, safety is our primary concern and we will follow their advice to make this a fun, safe and successful event.
DJ CardinalThe location will be exactly where it was last year. At Shinbone!

This is the best location for Wayne County fire and rescue. It will be on the date of August 13th.

See you all there. Caught Red Handed will still be playing on State Dock's floating stage and Party Barge.

DJ
Feel bad for CatDaddy since I know it will just cost him more fuel. Hopefully it still drives business for him.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Satellie Map
Attachments
Raftup Location.bmp
Raftup Location.bmp (2.38 MiB) Viewed 4312 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Hope all are having/had fun at the Raftup today!

Share your pics if you have them. I see Conley Uploaded some today.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 5429689617
Marine Assist.jpg
Marine Assist.jpg (42.14 KiB) Viewed 4249 times
Looks like fun!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

imaposer
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: conley bottom

Post by imaposer »

I'll put up photos later. I went over and took a look, but between the wind, and the forecast of storms, we decided against joining in. Went back to one of our typical coves and hung out till the rain came.
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

We were there but Hayden wanted to ride the tube and Macie wanted to swim, neither of those could happen at the raft up so we went around the corner to the cove behind the skull and relaxed for a while then pulled the tube up the creek beside Cumberland Point, lots of boats out both Friday and Saturday. We had a good time on the lake this weekend and was able to avoid most of the crowds.
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: JRM

Post by LC addict »

Lock5 wrote:We were there but Hayden wanted to ride the tube and Macie wanted to swim, neither of those could happen at the raft up so we went around the corner to the cove behind the skull and relaxed for a while then pulled the tube up the creek beside Cumberland Point, lots of boats out both Friday and Saturday. We had a good time on the lake this weekend and was able to avoid most of the crowds.
I was out @ the raft up location Friday and Saturday.....would have visited Lock and crew but he won't return his phone calls! :ymtongue:
My greatest accomplishments call me Mom!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Caught Red Handed just put a really good albumn out there

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 358&type=1
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

LC addict wrote:
Lock5 wrote:We were there but Hayden wanted to ride the tube and Macie wanted to swim, neither of those could happen at the raft up so we went around the corner to the cove behind the skull and relaxed for a while then pulled the tube up the creek beside Cumberland Point, lots of boats out both Friday and Saturday. We had a good time on the lake this weekend and was able to avoid most of the crowds.
I was out @ the raft up location Friday and Saturday.....would have visited Lock and crew but he won't return his phone calls! :ymtongue:

Sorry Suzy, but I left my phone in the condo on Friday, I tried to text you Friday night, I was intoxicated so I might not have known what the He11 I was doin'

I'll see ya Poker Run
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Lock5 »

Oh and I would have responded to this thread earlier, but I can't get on this site unless I'm at work. This site and my home computer fight with other.

Return to “News”