Forum Party at State Dock (DATE CHANGED) Oct 16 -18 2009

News only pertaining to Lake Cumberland

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

maddoxx
I posted something! WooHoo!

Forum Party at State Dock (DATE CHANGED) Oct 16 -18 2009

Post by maddoxx »

State Dock would like to extend an invitation to everyone for our annual Forum Party.

[b]When: [/b]Friday October 16, Saturday October 17th, and Sunday October 18th.

[b]Where: [/b]State Dock, the one that Rocks!

[b]Why: [/b]Let’s all meet with our boating friends and families to wrap up the summer season with a great party!

[b][i]Schedule of events[/i] [/b]
• Friday evening - Meet and greet and get settled in
• Saturday afternoon/evening - Cornhole tournament
Saturday evening – Pot Luck (Carry In) Dinner will be set up by Chub’s Dockside Grill - everyone is asked to bring a favorite covered dish, salad, dessert or snack to share with the group.
• Saturday evening – Karaoke/Open Mic night
• Sunday morning – Shuttle up the hill for breakfast at the lodge.

Boatels will be available for those that want to spend the whole weekend or just stay Saturday evening.
Rates are as follows:

[b]Admirals [/b](Sleeps 10 - 4 bedrooms, 1 sleeper sofa) – 1 night for $200 and 2 nights for $300

[b]400 series[/b] (Sleeps 12 - 5 bedrooms, 1 sleeper sofa) or 450 series (Sleeps 10 - 4 bedrooms. 1 sleeper sofa) – 1 night for $300 and 2 nights for $400

[b]750 series[/b] (sleeps 16 - 6 bedrooms, 2 sleeper sofas) – 1 night for $400 and 2 nights for $500

For boatel reservations please call 270-343-2525 or 1-888-782-8336. We look forward to seeing everyone. Hope you can make it!

Please contact LCAddict via U2U if you will be attending. ( Post edited by LC Addict to remove Lake Clean up from activities due to date change, also Cafe will be closed for the season)

Attendees so far:

1. Cranky and Crankette
2. LC, Captain John
3. Redhead and Steve
4. Debbie and Jimmy
5. Debbie and Jerry
6. Water Wings and Deadliest Catch
7. Kelly, Jamie and Jordan
8. Darren
9.EHillman
10. Lock5 and Wendie
11. Smith II and Mrs
12. Big Floppy and Wet Spot
13. Nearly Satisfied and Penny...hopefully he will sing a song for me
14. DJ Cardinal
15. Scarlet
16. Squakmeister
17. Cymerscott & crew
18. Rockin Rod and Amber
19. Bubbles
19. Captain Bob and Mrs. Captain
20. Denmarkshepherds and Nancy & a surprise guest??
21. $parechange and Katie
22. Islander 212, Kim & Ryan
23. A4TN and I8TN
24. Jamie M
25 Jabezboy
26. Oleic

~Pot Luck dinner Saturday night~ let me know what you are bringing

LC addict and Redhead- BBQ
Kim & Katie-buns, plates, napkins, bowls, plastic utensils
Cymerscott & crew Potato Salad, dessert and chili (or other crockpot dish)
Debbie and Jerry- Pasta salad
Jamie- taco salad
Waterwings- homemade pies
SD-Lasagna, Carmel Fudge Pecan Cake , BBQ, peach cobbler,danish, & breakfast bake
Bubbles-Cheesy potato bake and a marinated cucumber dish
Squakmeister-2 pots of chili
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Forum Party at State Dock

Post by E_ »

I really was not planning on being down that weekend but now I might just have to show since it is apparent you guys have put a lot into this... Looks GREAT!
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

PS, are you all planing on putting something on Facebook?
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs

Post by Pac22 »

E_HILLMAN wrote:I really was not planning on being down that weekend but now I might just have to show since it is apparent you guys have put a lot into this... Looks GREAT!
You don't want to miss it. Always a blast.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I think I have only made it to one thus far. (I can't remember) I know I came down with CRWKY one year and his convertible fuzzed my hair out and made the top of my head numb from the high speed winds.. lol
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

I remember that. But you didn't stay long.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Yep, had to run away from LC and Pogo... lol THey kept tryin to knock me teef out.
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

E_HILLMAN wrote:PS, are you all planing on putting something on Facebook?

Facebook? Is that the same as a book worm? =))
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

Well, out of no where they changed the date. What a load of s**t!!!! What happened to having a poll and asking what the most popular weekend would be. No wait, that makes WAY too much sense. [-( Almost forgot who.......oh nevermind. X(
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Know it won't matter to anyone but I was pretty sure to attend on Sept. date (just about had hubby convinced cause I promised him he could kick the chit outta E and ___ for picking on his darling wife! :D ). The Oct. date is when we leave for FL and I ain't changin' it! :(
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

You mean I was finally going to get to throw you in the lake, and now not??? Now I'm super pissed.

Hang on, I need to count to 10. Or maybe 100. :-w

I might be able to work it out where I can make it. But no way Kasie can. She could've made the Sept. date.

E, you better bring back the cool off room.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Come on Re3 one more week or weekend will not hurt ya, you could at least show up on Saturday. ___, you come to the lake pretty often and that will just be another reason to some back. I think the biggest and best forum party was in Oct. (wasn't that when the BTN thang was goin on Jeff?)

I did not know about the change until today either when I read it on Lc.com but since i have not been involved with the thing I guess I can't gripe if they change it.

From what I heard they had not gotten enough interest in it and only 1 boatel was rented for it. So I can't blame them for moving it back a bit. There is no way it can compete with the Poker Run plus a lot of people can't handle Labor Day, Poker Run and something else in a row. Heck I didn't even get to come down Labor Day.

Puhhhpuuhhh please RE3 stay just a lil longer! And I bet you were gonna leave the man home anyway so he couldn't shake our hands... LOL Tell him we feel sorry for him to be with such a mean ole woman. =))
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Re: Forum Party at State Dock (DATE CHANGED)

Post by re3too »

No can do! Believe it or not, leaving for 6 mos. takes planning and once the plan is set in motion, it doesn't get changed. We are leaving at 5:00AM on that Sun.which means gettingup earlier and pickling the house for winter. I work like a dog on that Sat. to get everything done. Can you believe I might be a bit anal about how I leave things? And we always leave on Sun. 'cause it's an easier drive thru Atlanta.

And you, ___-boy, will never toss me in the lake and live! :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
E_
Site Admin

Re: Forum Party at State Dock (DATE CHANGED)

Post by E_ »

How about just a couple hours after dark Sat. night? You can't do nuttin outside. I might not spend much more than that myself. Image
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Re: Forum Party at State Dock (DATE CHANGED) Oct 16 -18 2009

Post by Pac22 »

Well EEk you've never spent that much time in one place anyway. Why would this be different. =))

So, IMO, you have no grounds to dog someone else out about being at an event which was changed at the last minute because.......There weren't enough rentals sold???? It's become about money????? Fuk dat.

I hate it, but I agree with RE3 on this one. :ymsick: =))
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

_____ wrote:

I hate it, but I agree with RE3 on this one. :ymsick: =))
Oh chit! That's ALMOST enuff to make me change my mind! :ymtongue: :ymtongue:

Sat. just won't work. Gotta be ready by 4:30 for Mass then close down the refrig before going' to bed early! Got it down to a science! :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

[quote="_____"]Well EEk you've never spent that much time in one place anyway. Why would this be different. =))

So, IMO, you have no grounds to dog someone else out about being at an event which was changed at the last minute because.......There weren't enough rentals sold???? It's become about money????? Fuk dat.

I hate it, but I agree with RE3 on this one. :ymsick: =))[/quote]

Nowbuhda pacuhhhbuuhhhduhh youba knowba Ibuh gosta be movinbuhduh!
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: JRM

Post by LC addict »

If there was interest voiced I am sure they would have left it, but as it was with the September date we had the only boatel rented and less than 20 people stating they could make it. SD had numerous requests to change it. I really don't think it had anything to do with money, it was more about attendance.

I just hate to see SD being bashed over changing the date, they really don't have to do this for us, but it is very nice that they do!
My greatest accomplishments call me Mom!
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

I think it's sad that people would actually call SD and ask to change the date to accomodate them. That takes a brass pair IMO.

I still say a vote should have been taken, like in the past. I bet a lot of people were going to just bring their boats since most wouldn't be winterized yet. There would have been more there than you think. As I said, you can't go by RSVP with this event. Oh well, hope everyone has a great time and maybe next yr there will be better organization. Because someone dropped the ball this yr :|

LC I'm not bashing SD at all. I'm bashing the people who bitched enough to get the date changed. After a lot of us had already made plans to attend, and now we can't. And I hate to tell you but,,,attendace=money.

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Sorry ___ but for some reason I can't post in this thread ad the rest of you can so I'm using your post because it was the last one.
I for one was not going to be able to make it and I doubt I will be at the new date either. But I think it should have been the new date the first time around. That's about the time of the year it has been in the past. The weekend after two big (huge) weekends would be hard for a lot of people. I also understand mid Oct some people have quit for the year. You will never have a date that works for everyone. I hope the people that can make it have a blast and the ones that don't can make it next year. I don't think it's all about money with SD and this event. I think it just another event for custormer relations. By the way ___ this is another reason you need facebook there was some talk about it on there and you could have made your point there.
CRWKY************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
MissSwitzerland
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Knight's Landing

Post by MissSwitzerland »

Well, dad-gum it anyway! We weren't going to be able to make it this coming weekend so I was glad they were going to change it. But, we can't make it the weekend they changed it to and now it looks like we'll be able to make it down this weekend!!! I think someone is looking at my schedule and screwing with me!!!!!! X(
When the Queen is Happy there is Peace in the Kingdom!
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

I understand there are a lot of folks who couldn't make it 3 in a row. But there seems to be just as many who now can not attend due to it being moved. I realize you can't please everyone but as I mentioned before. It's how they went about it that gets me. In yrs past it was put to a vote and weekend with the most votes won out. That would have been a better way to handle it. IMO The original date was the lake cleanup so a lot of folks are going to be there anyway. I think they shot themselves in the foot on this one.
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

When I talked to Debbie at State dock she did say the only weekends available were:

Sept. 18, 19 and 20 Lake Cleanup weekend (weekend after Poker Run and Labor Day weekends)
Oct. 9, 10, and 11 (Same as Columbus Day raft up at Low Gap)
Oct. 16, 17, 18 (no other activities going on this wknd)
All other weekends were booked with the In-Water Houseboat Expo and State Dock's Customer Appreciation dinner.

There will always be conflicts with someone's schedule, we had a couple on our boat that can't make it now but I understand with only one boatel rented and only a handful of people voicing interest I can see where it made better sense to change it and hope for a better outcome with giving people more notice. Debbie plans to talk to Bill to see if this can be included in the list of 2010 events so that people will have time to plan. But the situation as it was I dont think a poll would have been of much assistance.

I just appreciate the willingness of Bill to host this event, those of us who have attended know what a great time it is. I have a list on LC.com of people attending so far, so either post here or there if you are attending and I'll keep the list updated.

*******************AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN'T POST IN THIS THREAD?***************
CRWKY
MissSwitzerland
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Knight's Landing

Post by MissSwitzerland »

LMAO @ Crwky!!! =)) =))

Apparently!!!

***********I should have took this up with E this weekend. CRWKY****************
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

Its some kind of glitch with sticky threads. Try accessing from here

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1253
crwky

Post by crwky »

Ok so LC is the new :-B :-B :-B
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

crwky wrote:Ok so LC is the new :-B :-B :-B
You know better than that, E had to tell me why I couldn't post on the thread =))
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Post by FasterThanYou »

I have to guy through the other link also to post in here. E has been playing with us. X(

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I say fire me! =))

Let Chris take over =)) =)) =))
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

Check out the most recent RSVP in the first post! Woo Hooo! I get to see Katie & Jeff, haven't seen them in years! :D :D :D :ymparty: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

I am RRRREEEEAAAALLLLLLY excited. Havn't seen anyone but Chis and Steve since we sold the boat. This is nice also cause LC is pickin us up at JT and she has a room on a boattell.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

THAT IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

Spare Change wrote:I am RRRREEEEAAAALLLLLLY excited. Havn't seen anyone but Chis and Steve since we sold the boat. This is nice also cause LC is pickin us up at JT and she has a room on a boattell.
If anyone wants to visit Jeff make sure you are there early, Katie puts the old fart to bed around 8pm =)) =)) =))
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

Spare Change wrote:I am RRRREEEEAAAALLLLLLY excited. Havn't seen anyone but Chis and Steve since we sold the boat. This is nice also cause LC is pickin us up at JT and she has a room on a boattell.
That's great. I MIGHT try to make it now.
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

___ you make it and we can partner up in the cornhole tourney. LOL! #:-s
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

Spare Change wrote:___ you make it and we can partner up in the cornhole tourney. LOL! #:-s
The way I've been throwing lately, you might try to recruit someone who can hit the friggin board. :ymsigh:
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

If you remember the OlD MAN ain't so bad.
Nearly

Post by Nearly »

DJ and I were going to put a "set" of tunes together but I was informed that DJ may not make it back into town for the Forum Gathering.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

awww maaan!
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

Nearly wrote:DJ and I were going to put a "set" of tunes together but I was informed that DJ may not make it back into town for the Forum Gathering.
Yes the date change SCREWED a lot of people up.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Now now ___, you will be ok.

=))
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

NO S H I T I will be fine. Just stating the obvious. Might even show up to crash this bash. :D
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

___, ya gotta show. :ymsigh:
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER
Marina/Ramp: Burnt Store Marina Florida

Post by TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER »

MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION, PLEASE!!!

CHILLIN' and his father ARE NOT the defending cornhole champions!!! THANK YOU, I now return you back to your regularly scheduled forum!!! :)) :)) :))
MY BABY WAS BOTTLE FED, IS YOURS???
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

If I can get a half way good partner, I plan on taken that away from you. :-o
TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER

Spare Change wrote:If I can get a half way good partner, I plan on taken that away from you. :-o
Sorry my friend, you'll have to wait until next year!!! :( I was a go for the first party date, but not the new one ... :(
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER wrote:
Spare Change wrote:If I can get a half way good partner, I plan on taken that away from you. :-o
Sorry my friend, you'll have to wait until next year!!! :( I was a go for the first party date, but not the new one ... :(

Join the crowd
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

Hate to hear you can't make it, looks like a good crowd this time around....if you have a change in plans you know where to find us :ymparty:
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Yep a lot of people poppin up on facebook. ;)
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Yep a lot of people poppin up on facebook. ;)
Im on my way to Etown but will check it out and update later today!
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

List updated, looks like everyone on the FB list was already on the list, did I miss something E?
TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER

LC addict wrote:List updated, looks like everyone on the FB list was already on the list, did I miss something E?

YES, YES, AND YES!!!

CHILLIN' and his father ARE NOT the defending cornhole champions!!! THANK YOU, I now return you back to your regularly scheduled forum!!! =)) =)) =))
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

LC addict wrote:List updated, looks like everyone on the FB list was already on the list, did I miss something E?

There are several (Maybes.)
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

You think they would mind if we built a fire on the dock to keep warm? It's gonna be down right nippley out there. :D
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Spare Change wrote:You think they would mind if we built a fire on the dock to keep warm? It's gonna be down right nippley out there. :D
Oh, get real, Jeffie! You ain't worried about the nippley! It's the shrinkage that skeers ya! =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER

Post by FasterThanYou »

:)) :)) :)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

Ya got that right RE! Shrinkage is not a good thing. :-o
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

Thank Goodness they have the big the propane heater things and the enclosure around the cafe area! Katie and Jeff, don't forget your suits, we have a 15 person hottub on the roof!

Faster, get your chit together and come on down and party with us!
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

Faster is a sissy, he never comes to the parties. Now I do have an excuse, he don't. L-) L-)
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER

Post by FasterThanYou »

Spare Change wrote:Faster is a sissy, he never comes to the parties. Now I do have an excuse, he don't. L-) L-)
Yeah, I know. :(

We'd love to be there but there just isn't any way we can.

$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

Where there is a will there is a way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

Well the forecast looks crappy. Yall have fun now, ya hear? :ymdevil:
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

Yes we will, setting in the hot tub. No worries. :ymparty:
Islander_212
Marina/Ramp: State Dock / Caney Fork

Post by Islander_212 »

Spare Change wrote:Yes we will, setting in the hot tub. No worries. :ymparty:
Yep! With some antifreeze about too... at least for some of us!
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

Starting the journey south in 3 hours. Wooo Hooo! Seafood tonight corn Hole tomorrow! Just don't get any better. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Just wrap Kate in a blanket and bring her on down. I will do my best to show Sat. night.
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

She will have her seat heater on the whole way. But I did buy a electric blanket that plugs into the cigar lighter to keep her warm.
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

Do you still remember how to get to LC? I know it's been a while for you. :D
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

I can do it with my eyes closed. Made that trip too many times. See ya on the water. :D :D :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Spare Change wrote:She will have her seat heater on the whole way. But I did buy a electric blanket that plugs into the cigar lighter to keep her warm.
Too bad you don't take I75, you could stop in G-town and I would loan you my jump starter pack so she could take the electric blanky anywhere.. #:-s

Return to “News”