Firearms on corp property

News only pertaining to Lake Cumberland

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Firearms on corp property

Post by E_ »

Attachments
IMG_20150206_171323.jpg
IMG_20150206_171323.jpg (140.92 KiB) Viewed 4164 times
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Re: Firearms on corp property

Post by Lock5 »

Are you suggesting that I am not allowed to carry on LC?

Hmmmmmmm very interesting........... =;
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

It has nothing to do with my stance on it, I just want everyone to have accurate information. _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Webster, Ashley LRN

Today at 9:30 AM

To *@lakecumberlandboaters.com
Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Eric,

Appreciate you contacting us on this subject. There have been discussions as well as court cases (for example http://www.ajc.com/news/news/breaking-n ... s-b/nmZTy/ )regarding the carrying of fire arms on Corps property.

Bottom line even with the more recent court cases, Title 36 has not changed and is still accurate, you cannot carry a firearm unless engaged with in season hunting during which the firearm is suppose to be unloaded from point A to point B.

Rumors and bad information tends to get spread quickly, and appreciate you coming to the source with the definite answers! Feel free to contact us at any time with additional questions.

--
Ashley Webster
Park Ranger
Lake Cumberland
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Nashville District

Office: 1.606.679.6337
http://www.facebook.com/lakecumberland
Mary Lou 2
Marina/Ramp: LFM

Post by Mary Lou 2 »

Im taking a shot in the dark here. I think a lot of people are breaking the law.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Mary Lou 2 wrote:Im taking a shot in the dark here. I think a lot of people are breaking the law.
BINGO! I have seen some potentially ugly situations on the docks between armed folks who have been drinking. :-s :-s
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

I have never heard of a gunshot on the Lake between drunks, and I personally know someone that carries every time he visits. ;)
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Pay attention lock....I said POTENTIAL. Trust me...I know of what I speak. And fuses nowadays are pretty short. Sheesh! :ymsigh:
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

In my opinion...the corps and others are abusing the "property clause"..Once again the constitution is the supreme law of the land period..just like other clauses and acts set in place during this nations rise,they have been forgotten or amended to illegally..with that said ...I will continue to keep my arms where ever I go..I pose no threat..I use good judgement and common sense..and will give the upmost respect to any LEO..Ultimately my arms are for my protection and hope I will never have to use them and Ill be damned if Im caught defenseless on this lake in the middle of the night. Boat on Amigos........Back to the hole now.
No Patience
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by No Patience »

Well said Nebrios..
Mary Lou 2
Marina/Ramp: LFM

Post by Mary Lou 2 »

Lock5 wrote:I have never heard of a gunshot on the Lake between drunks, and I personally know someone that carries every time he visits. ;)

I totaly understand ! :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Nebrios wrote:In my opinion...the corps and others are abusing the "property clause"..Once again the constitution is the supreme law of the land period..just like other clauses and acts set in place during this nations rise,they have been forgotten or amended to illegally..with that said ...I will continue to keep my arms where ever I go..I pose no threat..I use good judgement and common sense..and will give the upmost respect to any LEO..Ultimately my arms are for my protection and hope I will never have to use them and Ill be damned if Im caught defenseless on this lake in the middle of the night. Boat on Amigos........Back to the hole now.
Totally Agree
DMS

Post by DMS »

E_ wrote:
Nebrios wrote:In my opinion...the corps and others are abusing the "property clause"..Once again the constitution is the supreme law of the land period..just like other clauses and acts set in place during this nations rise,they have been forgotten or amended to illegally..with that said ...I will continue to keep my arms where ever I go..I pose no threat..I use good judgement and common sense..and will give the upmost respect to any LEO..Ultimately my arms are for my protection and hope I will never have to use them and Ill be damned if Im caught defenseless on this lake in the middle of the night. Boat on Amigos........Back to the hole now.
Totally Agree
+1

Return to “News”