Fishing Creek drowning near Slate Branch Ramp

News only pertaining to Lake Cumberland

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Fishing Creek drowning near Slate Branch Ramp

Post by E_ »

Sorry a little late putting this on here, it is on our FB page at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/5857732 ... up_comment
http://www.lex18.com/news/teen-s-body-r ... umberland/
SBD.jpg
SBD.jpg (57.63 KiB) Viewed 3502 times

Teen's Body Recovered From Lake Cumberland

The Pulaski County Rescue Squad has recovered the body of a teen who drowned Sunday on Lake Cumberland. The coroner has identified the victim as 18-year-old Tobias Napier of Somerset. The drowning was reported at about noon Sunday near the Slate Branch Boat Ramp.

Officials tell LEX 18 that the teenager was on the edge of the water with several other teens who were swimming. They say he never intended to get into the water because he could not swim, but apparently slipped off a ledge and fell in.

The Laurel County Rescue Squad deployed their divers and sonar to search the lake, which is more than 60 feet deep where Napier was last seen. Three hours later, crews discovered the body at the bottom of the lake.

Family and friends rushed to the scene when they heard what happened. Napier's brother says he had a baby on the way and was just preparing to graduate high school next year.

"People said it was his time to go. He's too young to go like that. I don't think it was his time. He's just too good of a kid. I love him more than life itself," said Joshua Duncan, Tobias Napier's brother.

Public safety officials say none of the teens at the drowning scene were wearing life jackets.

Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.

Return to “News”