Algae Blooms Found In More Kentucky Lakes

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

http://www.lex18.com/news/algae-blooms- ... cky-lakes/
Covering Kentucky Algae Blooms Found In More Kentucky Lakes
Posted: Aug 1, 2013 8:52 AM
LOUISVILLE (AP) - Authorities say they have found more harmful algae blooms at Kentucky lakes this summer.

The Army Corps of Engineers says the blooms have been found at a total of four lakes - Rough River, Barren River, Taylorsville and Nolin. The blooms at Barren River and Taylorsville were reported earlier in the summer.

Federal and state officials told The Courier-Journal that it is the first time this type of bloom has been detected in the state, though it has been documented in upper Midwest states, Ohio and Indiana.

The lakes, which combined draw about 5 million visitors annually, remain open.

Corp officials are urging people who use the lakes to take precautions including not swallowing water, washing well after swimming and removing skin from fish before eating it.

___

Information from: The Courier-Journal, http://www.courier-journal.com

Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
JLA

Re: Algae Blooms Found In More Kentucky Lakes

Post by JLA »

Beware of that bloomin' algae. =))

Sorry I couldn't help myself.
Some days I'm the baby, some days I'm the diaper........
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Algae Blooms Found In More Kentucky Lakes

Post by E_ »

lol
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.

Return to “KY Talk”