Hey Relax, howabout that HC roundabout?

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Hey Relax, howabout that HC roundabout?

Post by E_ »

Here it is in all its glory. ...now I know you like these things but what are your thoughts?
http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=38.36 ... sz=17&z=17
US 27 and US 62 Harrison County Roundabout just south of Cynthiana.jpg
US 27 and US 62 Harrison County Roundabout just south of Cynthiana.jpg (137.03 KiB) Viewed 6633 times

IMO - If it were going to work well it should have had MUCH larger lanes and about double the circle size.
Those lanes SUUUURE don't look wide enough for goosenecks, hay wagons, and tractor trailers when in a curve/turn... And those are issues even if people KNEW how to yield/merge through one. Also it is a shame it appears old 62 will be shut down. Wish they would have put a bridge over it but the pic looks like the plans are to fill in over it. Will the put a statue of Obama in the middle? ROFL...
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Hey Relax, howabout that HC roundabout?

Post by E_ »

Granted they drive on the wrong side of the road but see how the ones in England/Europe give more room for traffic and seem to have more than one lane of room in the circle.
roundabout-7888229.jpg
roundabout-7888229.jpg (76.66 KiB) Viewed 6630 times
Much better design IMO, and look how much larger the circle is!
RELAX
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs Marina where the water is clear and the people real friendly!

Post by RELAX »

Eric,

Cool post. I like you wonder if there will be enough space in the roundabout to handle all the truck and farm equipment traffic?

Looks like it would be great for Leesburg! :D

On the bright side Aquabrit will feel right at home! :ymparty:
RELAX
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs Marina where the water is clear and the people real friendly!

Post by RELAX »

That's the intersection of 62 & 27 isn't it?
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

yep, just a lil west of where it is now.
RELAX
Better Member

Post by RELAX »

For some reason I decided to return from Lex. VIA Russels Cave instead of my usual which is 27 VIA pairs. To my joy the mentioned roundabout had just opened. It was hard to judge the radius of the turn's because there were marking paint trucks still onsite with some guys direction traffic. So next time I am thru it will be easier to tell just how our traffic engineers did!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I need to go hitch up to the haymover and see how well it goes through. lol I think it is about 10' wide. Wonder what happens if someone wants to move a mobile home or bring in a new double wide etc. The old straight route will be shut down when they are done.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Well I have had a friend bottom out a low boy tractor/trailer on it. And today this photo surfaced.

Shoulda been bigger. ..but that would not have stopped this I fear. lol
Cyn Roundabout.jpg
Cyn Roundabout.jpg (45.42 KiB) Viewed 6431 times
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

nuff said.....lol
JLA

Post by JLA »

Some people should have never been given a license to drive, let alone breed. L-)
Some days I'm the baby, some days I'm the diaper........
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

lol, quite the local yokel conversation.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... t=1&ref=nf
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

LOL, well today the roundabout discussion got off track by someone griping about people griping and this person somehow became the admin of the group and removed the discussion. I captured most of it below for your enjoyment. Sad as it was a good community discussion and from what I can tell someone that no longer even lives in the community nor has to drive through the thing deleted the discussion just because he was tired of seeing it. lol, if we were like that on the forums we would have no 3 word threads, beached houseboat, or other hilarious threads we have enjoyed over the years. The only person that was nasty on the discussion was the aforementioned individual. Hurt muh feelings. Called me a jack@$$. =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) /:) =))
Roundabout nazi lolb.png
Roundabout nazi lolb.png (1.44 MiB) Viewed 6380 times

I have also attached some accompanying photos that were posted in the thread.
Roundabout with designated right turn lanes.jpg
Roundabout with designated right turn lanes.jpg (9.7 KiB) Viewed 6390 times
Roundabout LARGEer  where semi trucks etc have more room.jpg
Roundabout LARGEer where semi trucks etc have more room.jpg (10.18 KiB) Viewed 6390 times
Roundabout - Not a good roundabout but good example of right turn lanes.jpg
Roundabout - Not a good roundabout but good example of right turn lanes.jpg (8.41 KiB) Viewed 6390 times
Hillman ROundabout label.JPG
Hillman ROundabout label.JPG (62.33 KiB) Viewed 6390 times
Hillman ROundabout.JPG
Hillman ROundabout.JPG (58.46 KiB) Viewed 6390 times

Ok, there is my fun for the day. ROFL.
Hillman ROundabout.JPG
Hillman ROundabout.JPG (58.46 KiB) Viewed 6390 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

tried to make a last post but I think it got nixed as soon as it hit. lol
Last post  lol.JPG
Last post lol.JPG (80.93 KiB) Viewed 6385 times
Soooo, it appears that Drew Fritz is now the "admin" of this group even though he did not start the thread or the group it as he was added by someone else like most the rest of us. Thus here is my message to the 2601 of you. If you don't like your CYNTHIANA related posts to be deleted just because someone does not like seeing the discussion (from what I can tell FROM China and is not even in the USA) then maybe we should start another group. ITs sad as a lot of us including myself have shared a LOT of photos some historic in nature (especially those of Denny Lipscombe) to this group but now we have someone that if they do not like the discussion feels they should just delete it. The roundabout discussion was a good one even if it was a "tired one" there were plenty of new people commenting on it and there were good things shared by those in (STILL IN) the community. Very very sad to see this group go this route of the angry internet Nazi... (click on photo below or link for more info) Anyway... it is what it is. All the guy had to do was unsubscribe/unfollow himself fro the discussion but now that discussion is lost (well maybe mostly lost. I may still have kept a copy. ;-) Its not a big deal, I'm not angry. The thread was indeed "tired" but really for some it was new and the first time they had seen it, for some there was good discussion on how to improve and good insight from people like Kevin Florence. I just think it is sad the group is being handled in this way. How much has this individual even contributed to the group? I hate to see it all lost.... Guess I'll be banned for the group after this. ROFL. Oh the pain! lol

http://lakecumberlandboaters.com/forum/ ... 730#p45730
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

And now in a capitalist move... lol I have just created a NEW group. ROFL.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/273720229442845/

If you happen to be a Cynthiana/Harrison county person feel free to Join it!

Return to “KY Talk”