Tournament Aimed At Lowering Carp Populations

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

http://www.lex18.com/news/tournament-ai ... pulations/

Posted: Feb 19, 2013 6:38 AM
FRANKFORT (AP) - Kentucky is inviting fishermen to put their angling skills to the test at a carp tournament next month.

The Carp Madness Tournament will have teams of commercial anglers compete to catch the growing population of Asian carp in two of Kentucky's largest and most popular fishing lakes.

Five teams that bring back the highest poundage of fish will split $20,000, with a top prize of $10,000.

The Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources is putting together the event for March 12-13 at Kentucky and Barkley lakes in western Kentucky.

Ron Brooks, fisheries director for Kentucky Fish and Wildlife, says Asian carp are a threat to native species and habitats. He says the carp compete with other fish for the plankton, a key food source.

Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Re: Tournament Aimed At Lowering Carp Populations

Post by re3too »

Hope there is a good solution... :-s :(
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Could you imagine cruising along in a pontoon or bow rider at just 20mph and one of those giants jumping out of the water and hitting you in the head? Imagine a small child :(
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Could you imagine cruising along in a pontoon or bow rider at just 20mph and one of those giants jumping out of the water and hitting you in the head? Imagine a small child :(
Scary! The way GWW bleeds, it would be disastrous! :ymsigh: :ymsigh:
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

I don't know why those fools are laughing! :( :ymsigh:
Pop-O
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: State Dock/Punkin Creek

Post by Pop-O »

Yep, RIGHT!!! If the carp population is anywhere close to what I saw on that video, they won't make a bit of difference with their tournament. :-\ :-\
I have taken the road least traveled................and now I am freakin LOST !
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

Pop-O wrote:Yep, RIGHT!!! If the carp population is anywhere close to what I saw on that video, they won't make a bit of difference with their tournament. :-\ :-\

Typical Government solution to something, they hardly every get past a simple approach to massive issues.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

re3too wrote:I don't know why those fools are laughing! :( :ymsigh:
Sometimes instead of screaming guys will laugh out of fear. ;)

That boat was barely moving and they were hitting hard. Just imagine at speed. :-o :(
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

I have seen this video and you won't catch me on the Wabash! These are huge and I have seen vids of bloody people from being hit by them!
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)

Return to “KY Talk”