swimming-advisories-extended-for-kentucky-streams

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

swimming-advisories-extended-for-kentucky-streams

Post by E_ »

http://www.lex18.com/news/swimming-advi ... y-streams/

...this is where some of our water on Lake Cumberland Comes from... :(
Swimming Advisories Extended For Kentucky Streams

Posted: May 30, 2012 6:21 AM
Updated: May 30, 2012 6:23 AM
FRANKFORT (AP) - The Kentucky Division of Water and Division of Public Health Protection and Safety say swimming advisories issued last summer will remain in effect because of high levels of fecal coliform bacteria.

Officials say people should avoid swimming and other recreational contact with these waters. The areas include several stretches of the Upper Cumberland River, the North Fork of the Kentucky River upstream of Chavies and on the Licking River, all of Banklick Creek and Three Mile Creek.

More information is available at http://bit.ly/KqE3TL .

Water quality and public health officials also recommend that people who want to swim in public pools follow healthy swimming habits to avoid the spread of waterborne illness. Those practices include not getting pool water in your mouth, showering before swimming and washing hands after bathroom breaks.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Re: swimming-advisories-extended-for-kentucky-streams

Post by Lock5 »

I would swim in any of these bodies of water before I would swim in a public pool...............
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Depends on the pool, the readings allow for a good bit if nasty before a warning is issued so those areas listed must be pretty bad off. I would assume Laurel Lake would filter out anything before it gets to us... lol
DMS

Post by DMS »

E_HILLMAN wrote: I would assume Laurel Lake would filter out anything before it gets to us... lol
Id about soon to swim in a septic tank instead of Harmon on a busy weekend. PEEyou
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

Denmark- wrote:
E_HILLMAN wrote: I would assume Laurel Lake would filter out anything before it gets to us... lol
Id about soon to swim in a septic tank instead of Harmon on a busy weekend. PEEyou

Public pool=Harmon on busy weekend..........
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

lol
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Return to “KY Talk”