Central Kentucky Weather

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Central Kentucky Weather

Post by E_ »

I think they use this same image name for the forecast so this page could be used whenever you want a quick link to the LEX18 weather. Just come to this thread and refresh your page... ;)

http://www.lex18.com/weather1/

For live radar http://www.lex18.com/live-lex-18-doppler-stream/

Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Central Kentucky Weather

Post by E_ »

I bet this would be a good link for a cell phone to get quick current images.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Image :)

By the way you can also watch their newscast LIVE by going to this link http://www.lex18.com/pages/lex18-live-stream

I figured this would be great for those of you on the lake with no TV but have internet access. I have even streamed it via my Verizon wireless broadband from the boat while on the lake.

It only works while they are broadcasting news.

I think the mornings are 5:30-7am
Afternoon 12-1PM
Maybe 4PM
Then I think 5:30-6:30PM but I know at 6PM.
Maybe at 7PM
and then 11PM
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Set this thread to unlocked and unsticky for people to make comments in. The original one is still there and still locked and still will be at the top of the KY Talk forum.

Just figured I would post this in this one.
Lvillen.jpg
Lvillen.jpg (54.05 KiB) Viewed 22826 times

Hope all in the ville are ok.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Here it comes, refresh the page and scroll up to see current Central KY Radar. Should be hitting Lex just before everyone gets ready to head to work.

Don't mean to be a meister but this is something to keep an eye on...

The Weather Channel is in Memphis talking about expecting storms in the next 20 minutes.

There is a warning for Tornados and Hail up to 1.5 inches in Southern illinios until 2:15 AM and they are calling for the same watches around that time for Western KY.

Below is the Current Central KY radar as I made this post. Like I said refresh the page and scroll up to see the Radar as of when you are reading the post.
Attachments
maxtrack.jpg
maxtrack.jpg (39.74 KiB) Viewed 22801 times
TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER
Marina/Ramp: Burnt Store Marina Florida

Post by TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER »

Just got the dog walked in time
MY BABY WAS BOTTLE FED, IS YOURS???
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Yeah but this first line of rain/storms is NOT it.
1010pm est.jpg
1010pm est.jpg (159.9 KiB) Viewed 22791 times
Radar 1010pm est.jpg
Radar 1010pm est.jpg (159.9 KiB) Viewed 22791 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

From Facebook
LEX 18

From Lindsay Schwarzwaelder-LEX 18 Meteorologist: We have a beautiful afternoon in store...but there is still a lot of uncertainty when it comes to the possible snow storm this weekend. Models are showing anywhere from less than an inch to over 8" across the Bluegrass. This will be dependent on temperatures and the exact track of the low. Additional model guidance will be coming in this afternoon....so stay tuned for updates.
imaposer
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: conley bottom

Post by imaposer »

E_HILLMAN wrote:From Facebook
LEX 18

From Lindsay Schwarzwaelder-LEX 18 Meteorologist: We have a beautiful afternoon in store...but there is still a lot of uncertainty when it comes to the possible snow storm this weekend. Models are showing anywhere from less than an inch to over 8" across the Bluegrass. This will be dependent on temperatures and the exact track of the low. Additional model guidance will be coming in this afternoon....so stay tuned for updates.

Of course. First weekend in four weeks I count on going down and it's gonna get crappy. Oh well. I got stuff to do, so I'm heading down anyway and may just have to come home a bit early. Hmm. Seeing how the wife and kids aren't coming along, maybe I should just not pay attention to the weather and take a chance of getting stuck down there Sunday night..... :-?
E_
Site Admin

Facebook post

Post by E_ »

LEX 18
From Meteorologist Lindsay Schwarzwaelder: We are still expecting some snow today, but the numbers had to be modified because the storm took a track further to the south and did not bring as much moisture a long with it. Here is the latest forecast: We are looking at a trace to 2" in Lexington...this would also include Versailles, Richmond, and a long I-64 corridor toward Rowan, Carter and Elliot counties. Eastern Kentucky will still see the most as far as accumulation goes with 3-6" possible. (And closer to that 6" in the mountains). Rain will change over to snow across southern Kentucky where 2-4" is likely from now through the evening.
Weather Central Updates Photos ..
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Looks like another lil strong line coming through soon for Louisville and I would guess a hour or two away for Lex. and south.
Attachments
maxtrack.jpg
maxtrack.jpg (109.54 KiB) Viewed 22626 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

E_
Site Admin

tornado-warning-issued-for-southeastern-counties)Pulaski

Post by E_ »

E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

From http://www.lex18.com/pages/lex18-live-stream (4PM webcast still happening right now)
Attachments
Webcast screenshots.JPG
Webcast screenshots.JPG (95.2 KiB) Viewed 22589 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Webcast screenshots 415PM.JPG
Webcast screenshots 415PM.JPG (145.51 KiB) Viewed 22587 times

A fellow forum member posted this online.
State Dock is fine. The tornado touched down north of the Russell Springs Elementary School near St. Rt. 127 and St. Rt. 76. Several homes and barns were destroyed. The local radio station, 92.7, said that there were 10-15 homes destroyed. Not sure how accurate this is. But, I did see live footage of some of the damage on LEX 18 news at 5pm CT.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

the tornado in Elizabethtown, KY yesterday
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Lets all hope nothing happens but we just got upgraded on our alter.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Already a Tornado warnings going out. Bell, Whitley and Knox counties... That is pretty close to the lake region.
http://www.lex18.com/news/tornado-warni ... itley-knox
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

A quarter mile wide tornado just crossed I65 in Indiana near Lousiville.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

3:31PM today
Attachments
maxtrack.jpg
maxtrack.jpg (106.9 KiB) Viewed 22508 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Russell Springs just issued a tornado warning!
Soak-up-the-Sun
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by Soak-up-the-Sun »

E-- thanks for posting the video of the tornado that hit ETown, hadn't seen that. I haven't even driven by the damaged area, haven't needed to go that way but will on the way to the lake this weekend. Gotta see how the campsite fared, there's this one BIG tree that's been dead for a couple years, caution tape around it, waiting for the COE to okay it being cut....hopefully I have a stack of campfire wood soon!!
Happy camper and happy boater!!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

LEX 18 Weather Alerts from the National Weather ServiceCounties: Adair, KY;Russell, KY
Effective: Thu March 8, 2012 8:41 PM
Expires: Thu March 8, 2012 11:00 PM
Description: ...MODERATE TO HEAVY RAIN LATE THIS AFTERNOON... ONE TO ONE AND A HALF INCHES OF RAIN HAVE FALLEN ACROSS SOUTHERN KENTUCKY THIS AFTERNOON. ANOTHER QUARTER TO HALF INCH OF RAIN WILL BE POSSIBLE BEFORE THE RAIN TAPERS OFF THIS EVENING. THESE RAINS MAY CAUSE SOME COLLECTION OF WATER IN LOW SPOTS AND OTHER LOCATIONS THAT READILY GATHER WATER. PLEASE USE CAUTION WHEN DRIVING...REDUCE SPEED TO AVOID HYDROPLANING.
DMS

Post by DMS »

Just got quarter size hail here for several minutes.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

ImageBill Meck
A Tornado Watch has been issued for the southeast corner of Kentucky until 2:00 am. The possibility of stronger thunderstorms moving out of Tennessee into southern Kentucky exists. We'll continue to monitor and stay with LEX 18 for the latest weather information.
Like · · Share · 11 · 8 minutes ago via Weather Central
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

lol, looks like Meck did not agree with the NWS.

Bill Meck

The tornado watch (which should not have been issued in the first place) has been cancelled.

Like · · Share · 72151 · 9 hours ago ·
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

To me it looks like the lake area should be fine. But then again, this is a MUCH different outlook than any of the weather guys were saying at 6am this morning - so who knows what could boil up. Most didn't even show much rain in Central Kentucky just 4 hours ago.
maxtrack.jpg
maxtrack.jpg (98.75 KiB) Viewed 21425 times
imagery_wxc_com .png
imagery_wxc_com .png (621.48 KiB) Viewed 21425 times
imagery_wxc_ com.png
imagery_wxc_ com.png (182.08 KiB) Viewed 21425 times
Current Radar (hit refresh)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

E_HILLMAN wrote:To me it looks like the lake area should be fine. But then again, this is a MUCH different outlook than any of the weather guys were saying at 6am this morning - so who knows what could boil up. Most didn't even show much rain in Central Kentucky just 4 hours ago.

Sure hope the lake area didn't get hit as hard as Fayette, Mercer, etc. counties.
I see there is a line that just has/is passing through.
maxtrack.jpg
maxtrack.jpg (104.9 KiB) Viewed 21418 times
untitled1.png
untitled1.png (348.17 KiB) Viewed 21418 times
untitled2.png
untitled2.png (379.6 KiB) Viewed 21418 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Sky watch
Attachments
VID_20130626_161110.3gp
(3.33 MiB) Downloaded 13216 times
E_
Site Admin

Looks like some small squalls headed over the lake (a bit mo

Post by E_ »

Looks like some small squalls headed over the lake (a bit more punch to the north around Lexington).
maxtrack.jpg
maxtrack.jpg (110.5 KiB) Viewed 21272 times
For live radar http://www.lex18.com/live-lex-18-doppler-stream/
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

WATCH OUT ON THE LAKE , live radar in the bottom of the post above. (may have to refresh)
They are saying large hail and deadly cloud to ground lightning in the area
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Guess this is one of those weekends we need to keep an eye on the radar.
Attachments
IMG_33345781103496.jpeg
IMG_33345781103496.jpeg (132.59 KiB) Viewed 21025 times
IMG_34523553156031.jpeg
IMG_34523553156031.jpeg (147.81 KiB) Viewed 21025 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

So far so good.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Whew weather finally calming.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Well the ole maxtrack is telling me I should probably pull anchor and head to the dock. Thanks LC AND JanASS for getting me a slip till/thru next weekend.
Attachments
maxtrack.jpg
maxtrack.jpg (93.28 KiB) Viewed 20846 times
E_
Site Admin

Central Kentucky Weather 2-4-2014, Ice storm?

Post by E_ »

Hoping for no ice but it is looking more and more like it. Oh well still not going to see the 1-2 FEET of snow the KY Weather center forecasted

Here is a neat link, on the right side you can turn on the traffic camera icons and look at traffic cams for each area you are interested in.
http://511.ky.gov/kyhb/main.jsf

Below is a forecast from about 4 or so hours ago. It still seems to be holding true with maybe a the ice getting closer down to I64 and north.
Attachments
WSW.PNG
WSW.PNG (280.18 KiB) Viewed 20649 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Story Photo

54 minutes 24 seconds ago

Freezing Rain Potential North Of I-64
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (9.76 KiB) Viewed 20648 times
We continue to track a developing winter storm potential. The threat remains from essentially I-64 and north, although the biggest battle may take place just to the north of it. We're tracking every degree this afternoon as there is a huge difference between 31 degrees and 33 degrees. The current freeze line is from near Liberty to Richmond back to Campton and is slowly moving northward. The onset of rain and/or freezing rain will be between about 5 and 7 in the I-75 corridor and later this evening into eastern Kentucky. We'll continue to track this complicated scenario and have more on LEX18 and on LEX18.com with hourly updates.
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

So you are telling us we have been getting bad weather for several years?
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Lol, what?
Pop-O
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: State Dock/Punkin Creek

Post by Pop-O »

Just got home from the game, temp went up to 33 from 32 on trip home. Trees iced bad all the way. Forgot to add that it was pouring rain!
I have taken the road least traveled................and now I am freakin LOST !
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Just got a report from our Facebook page of heavy storms around Burnside and whitecaps on the lake.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5857732 ... ment_reply
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

IMG_640275577321742.jpeg
IMG_640275577321742.jpeg (88.34 KiB) Viewed 20484 times

Return to “KY Talk”