Gatewood Galbraith Dies at 64

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Gatewood Galbraith Dies at 64

Post by E_ »

http://www.lex18.com/news/gatewood-galb ... ies-at-64/
Gatewood Galbraith, a perennial candidate for governor of Kentucky and prominent lawyer based in Lexington, has died, according to the Fayette County coroner. He was 64.

So far, Galbraith's official cause of death has not been released. The coroner said he had been dealing with congestion, and died in his sleep.

Galbraith was born on January 23, 1947 in Carlisle, Kentucky. He graduated from the University of Kentucky in 1974 and from the University of Kentucky College of Law in 1977. Galbraith's law practice in Lexington focused on criminal law and personal injury civil actions.

Galbraith ran for various offices in Kentucky, including commissioner of agriculture and attorney general, and ran for governor five times - as a Democrat in 1991 and 1995, 2007, and as a Reform Party candidate in 1999 and as an independent in 2011. In 2011, Galbraith received 74,860 votes (8.99%). On his 2011 campaign website, Galbraith said he was "totally independent. I'm an American and I'm a free man. And that's my dogma."

Galbraith was a vocal advocate of the legalization of marijuana. In a candidate debate on Kentucky Educational Television on May 14, 2007, Galbraith noted that fifteen states have legalized cannabis; all did so after Galbraith first began his advocacy on that issue as a candidate for statewide office.

Galbraith pitched his gubernatorial campaigns to young voters. In particular, he proposed a freeze on college tuition, a $5,000 grant to high school graduates for college or technical school, and legalization of marijuana for medical purposes. He raised $100,000 of his $500,000 budget and was endorsed by the United Mine Workers, the first time the union has backed an independent.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Re: Gatewood Galbraith Dies at 64

Post by Lock5 »

Gatewood came to the Poker Run Party on the river just about every year, he was a very interesting man to engage in conversation with. He never tried to beat you down with his ideas, he always tried to lift you up from your way of thinking. He will be missed by many. Godspeed Gatewood.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Got this from Kevin's Facebook post.

Gatewoods last status. Fri dec 30.
"Another great day in all our lives. Call up someone you love, or would like to, and let them know it! Make a resolution to lift someones spirit each day and follow through with it. It doesn't take much, a smile, a kind word (words are magic and can create reality) and a desire to be loved yourself because that is what will happen to you when you give your smile. Try it and see. God bless you all! Gatewood"
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
southforkwally

Post by southforkwally »

As some of you might know, Gatewood was our family attorney before he died and had been to Pulaski County to represent us in a couple of cases where the local cops tried to use illegal asset forfeiture to steal a one half million dollar property. To make a long story short,he made fools out the local robbing cops. Then after the hearing, he pulled out a big fat doobie and we celebrated the evil fools losing the case.............Southforkwally

Return to “KY Talk”