Man's Body Recovered From Cedar Creek Lake.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Man's Body Recovered From Cedar Creek Lake.

Post by E_ »

http://www.lex18.com/news/man-s-body-re ... from-lake/

Officials pulled the body of 48-year-old John Sallee the Third from Cedar Creek Lake.

Officials pulled the body of 48-year-old John Sallee the Third from Cedar Creek Lake.

Officials say dive crews worked throughout the day searching in the lake for Sallee, after he slipped under water and never came back up.

Police say Sallee and his 9-year-old son were on Cedar Creek Lake Saturday when somehow they were both thrown out.

The boy made it to the dock and was taken to the hospital to be checked out. Officials say they expect him to be OK
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Re: Man's Body Recovered From Cedar Creek Lake.

Post by FasterThanYou »

It's very disturbing seeing the news report that neither one of them had on a life jacket. A nine year old without a life jacket on a small two man boat. :-\ :-\ :-\

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/133748488.html

A day on the lake comes to a heartbreaking end for a father and son.

The pair were in a boat on Cedar Lake in Lincoln County Saturday when they somehow ended up in the water. The 9-year-old boy managed to make it out of the lake, but bystanders couldn't get to his father in time. Crews say 48-year-old John Sallee, III went under and never re-surfaced. Lincoln County EMS Director Don Gilliam says high winds made the rescue effort harder.

"Due to high wind, the two foot caps in the water, he was unable to reach flotation devices."

A rescue mission in the choppy waters soon turned to recovery as 9-year-old John Sallee, IV was airlifted to the hospital to be checked out. By boat and land, people searched for the father of two. Crews say sadly, neither had been wearing a life jacket when they went out onto the lake earlier in the day.

Sallee's body was recovered late Saturday afternoon. 27 Newsfirst is told Sallee, III lived in Lincoln County and worked in Lexington. His son, John Sallee, IV, is expected to be okay.

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Re: Man's Body Recovered From Cedar Creek Lake.

Post by katie »

FasterThanYou wrote:It's very disturbing seeing the news report that neither one of them had on a life jacket. A nine year old without a life jacket on a small two man boat. :-\ :-\ :-\

"Due to high wind, the two foot caps in the water, he was unable to reach flotation devices."

:( :( :( :( This is just a sad situation all around.
#1 48 yr old man taking a small 2-man craft out on a lake with 2ft white caps and strong winds.
#2 taking a 9 yr old with him (not to mention it's his son!!) and not making him put on a life jacket!
#3 I'm thinking there is probably a whole lot more to this story but I would not even want to entertain that idea. There are some sick mofo's out there..... I know there are posts on the site saying what a good man he was etc, well, so was the Penn State Coach... J/S

Poor kid will nightmare about this for the rest of his life. :(
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)

Return to “KY Talk”