Lexington Man Drowns in Kentucky River

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

http://www.lex18.com/news/lexington-man ... cky-river/
See also video at link above
Posted: Aug 21, 2011 9:05 PM
Updated: Aug 21, 2011 9:05 PM
It was a tragic end to what was supposed to be a happy occasion. Friends tell LEX 18 a group had gathered near the Kentucky River Saturday night for a birthday party. But at about 9:30, police say a man jumped into the water and never came back up.

The drowning happened at the Highway 39 boat ramp in Jessamine County.

The Jessamine County Coroner is still in the process of positively identifying the victim, so the man's name has not yet been released.

We do know the man is from Lexington and was 30 years old. LEX 18 spoke with a former neighbor of the victim who was saddened to hear the news.

"He made me laugh. Every time we'd have a conversation we would come out laughing and joking about something dumb," says Michael Sobolewski, the victim's friend.

It took crews a couple of hours to recover the man's body from the river. "A lot of people are going to miss you," says Michael. "Keep smiling wherever you're at, I hope life is a little better where you're at right now, maybe it won't be so tough on you."

Investigators are not releasing much information about what led to the drowning until the man's name is released.
The comments on their site are a bit interesting. :?
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.

Return to “KY Talk”