Flooding Cave Run Lake Could Reach Record Height

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

From http://www.lex18.com/news/cave-run-lake ... rd-height/
Posted: Apr 26, 2011 4:29 PM
Updated: Apr 26, 2011 6:11 PM

ShareShare11 Rating: 12345 5.0 (1 vote) PhotosVideo
Cave Run Lake Could Reach Record HeightPreviousNextCave Run Lake Could Reach Record HeightCave Run Lake is expected to soon reach its highest level in recorded history, according to the Army Corps of Engineers.

The Corps said the lake is currently at 754.85 feet above sea level. That's compared to the all-time record of 755.05 feet, set back in 1978. As the water continues to slowly rise, the Corps expects the record to be shattered.

"It's getting worse and worse, but it's gotta quit sometime," said Darren Bonner, who was out fishing in the water.

A sign of the situation can be seen at Poppin Rock Boat Ramp in Rowan County, where the water is about 15-feet over the ramp. The parking lot has become part of the lake, a restroom can be seen just barely sticking out, and many of the very tall trees are practically submerged.

"It's really unbelievable how high the water levels are," said Brandon Bailey. "I hope for a dry time, that's for sure. There will be no water shortage, I'm sure, for a long time."

The Corps said the water can reach up to 765 feet above sea level before the flooding would become out of control.
There is a vid as well http://www.lex18.com/player/?video_id=14895
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.

Return to “KY Talk”