8 ton rock to be brought back to KY

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Sunset Lady

8 ton rock to be brought back to KY

Post by Sunset Lady »

I can't believe they have been fighting over this boulder. Pretty amazing!

Ohio to return 8-ton boulder to Kentucky
Posted: Apr 27, 2010 2:03 PM EDT
Updated: Apr 27, 2010 2:03 PM EDT
FRANKFORT, KY (AP) - Officials in Ohio have agreed to return an 8-ton boulder to Kentucky after a lengthy legal battle that had been lightheartedly dubbed "our rock war."

U.S. District Judge Henry R. Wilhoit Jr. has ordered an armistice of sorts while the neighboring states finalize an agreement to return Indian Head Rock to Kentucky. The boulder bears numerous carvings of initials, names and a crude face. In generations past, it jutted out of water on the Kentucky side of the Ohio River, serving as a navigation marker for boaters.

An expedition of Ohioans moved the rock to Portsmouth, Ohio, three years ago, and Kentucky has been fighting for its return since then.

In an order staying the legal proceedings, Wilhoit said some of the logistics of moving the rock have to be worked out between the states.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: 8 ton rock to be brought back to KY

Post by E_ »

at least it seems its finally over. KY would have stolen something cool from Ohio but they didn't have anything...

LOL< Geez now I sound like Waterwings.. lol
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.

Return to “KY Talk”