Favorite Kentucky Bourbon's

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Dolphin
Marina/Ramp: lake Cumberland

Favorite Kentucky Bourbon's

Post by Dolphin »

The Bourbon Review Magazine

August 18th, 2008 by Eric | Posted in Bourbon and Cigars | 1 Comment »

Finally, an in-depth quarterly magazine devoted to the tradition and heritage of Bourbon making has been released. Each issue also has an easy to read user friendly map, “trail” of the distilleries of Bourbon making here in Kentucky. The magazine is filled with local flavor and well disciplined articles pertaining to the customs and diligence of many Bourbons and their connections. There will be many fine stories and articles of great interest for years to come from this group of passionate owners and contributors that created this source of information. I would encourage you, if you have the interest, to get on board and get this magazine for your den or smoking room. Bourbon and cigars have always had a connection. Black Patch Cigar Co. has created a new friendship with these enterprising visionaries and wishes them the best in this new magazine.
Dolphin

Re: Favorite Kentucky Bourbon's

Post by Dolphin »

Dolphin

Re: Favorite Kentucky Bourbon's

Post by Dolphin »

The Bourbon Review Magazine

August 18th, 2008 by Eric | Posted in Bourbon and Cigars | 1 Comment »

Finally, an in-depth quarterly magazine devoted to the tradition and heritage of Bourbon making has been released. Each issue also has an easy to read user friendly map, “trail” of the distilleries of Bourbon making here in Kentucky. The magazine is filled with local flavor and well disciplined articles pertaining to the customs and diligence of many Bourbons and their connections. There will be many fine stories and articles of great interest for years to come from this group of passionate owners and contributors that created this source of information. I would encourage you, if you have the interest, to get on board and get this magazine for your den or smoking room. Bourbon and cigars have always had a connection. Black Patch Cigar Co. has created a new friendship with these enterprising visionaries and wishes them the best in this new magazine.
Bourbon and Cigars at Black Patch Cigar Co.

July 17th, 2008 by Eric | Posted in Bourbon and Cigars | No Comments »

We have been sampling many a fine bottle of Kentucky’s finest this year and by consensus, the Black Patch Cigar “Stokers Club” have a list for the curious. I am constantly asked, being that Kentucky is home and that once I meet a stranger at introduction somewhere Bourbon enters the conversation. “What do you like”?, “Do you have a favorite”?, “What do you recommend with your cigar blends”?. It is endless. First, as in cigars, its the palate and personal preference of the individual. So with that, here is my latest interests. Neat- Elijah Craig 18 yr old, Basil Hayden 8 yr old, and Wild Turkey Rare Breed. On ice- The forementioned but I still declare the Elijah Craig 18 yr old doesn’t need help in the release. I have been raised knowing that mixing fine bourbons is a no-no but I bend to this tradition on occassion. So, a nice mixer bourbon selection would have to include - Makers Mark, Jim Beam, Four Roses, and Evan Williams. Now, again this is just a personal collection I keep on hand and would never argue against the individuals choice of reasoning. So keep on smiling and enjoy the experience.
Maduro Cigar Tip

July 7th, 2008 by Eric | Posted in maduro cigars | No Comments »

Have you ever noticed that many manufacturers box their maduro cigars naked. Well, here is my thought on that. Our maduro cigars from Black Patch Cigar Co. packaged (boxed) at the factory are all cellophaned. My reasoning is that I wish to preserve the wrapper from handling damage either by the curious consumer or while the cigars are transported from point A to B. There is endless debate on this practice. Yes, the cellophane traps air. Yes, the cigar is still susceptible to air transfer. But, the cigar will slow in its maturation with the other tobaccos while cellophaned. If you experience an uneven burn line with a maduro, and this is the wrapper that experiences this nuance more than other wrappers, it is because there is still moisture in the wrapper leaf that will cause this unpleasant encounter more so if it is cellophaned. A practice of mine is that if I know that I wish to smoke a maduro, a minimum of one night before I light up, I will remove it from its plastic wrap. This method has proved itself time after time from encountering the bothersome hassle of relighting and fiddling with the stick. Another practice of mine is that I will more often than not take quite a few of the maduro cigars out of their cellophane and just reset them into their box for the anticipated later enjoyment. Just remember, if it is a maduro cigar in cellophane- air it out and let it breath for some time. It will make for a more enjoyable experience.
Black Patch Cigar

Pages
o About
Archives
o August 2008
o July 2008
Categories
o Bourbon and Cigars (2)
o maduro cigars (1)
Black Patch Links
o 2002 Lane Report Entrepreneur Interview
o Classic Blend Review at Stogie Chat