Looking for small fuel efficient truck or SUV

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Looking for small fuel efficient truck or SUV

Post by E_ »

My father is looking for dependable low mileage small 4x4 truck / suv that gets good fuel economy for every day driver and trustworthy enough to use for longer trips as well in the 10k or less range. Can be smaller engine since he will still have his SuperDuty for heavier loads etc.

He prefers Ford Rangers. Had a 1987 one be bought new that was a beast and did great. He sold it about 5 years ago and has regretted that decision.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Looking for small fuel efficient truck or SUV

Post by E_ »

...and of course no Foreign vehicles.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Sunset Lady

Re: Looking for small fuel efficient truck or SUV

Post by Sunset Lady »

I have a Ford Escape and I really like it. It will get 27 miles to the gallon on a long trip and 23 in town driving. Mine is a 2003 and has the 4 wheel drive on and off switch the newer models do not have that option. I have the towing package on it and have been pulling a 16 foot runabout with it.

Edit: Oh it's not for sale, just wanted to recommend the Ford Escape.

Return to “Vehicles”