MoorShade: Over-water Sunshade

Anything that goes on or with boats

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

moorshade
I posted something! WooHoo!

MoorShade: Over-water Sunshade

Post by moorshade »

Hey everyone!

Wanted to share a product I've been developing over the past several months called MoorShade. It's an over-the-water sunshade that attaches to the side of your boat while at anchor. The idea was to provide shade over the water since it's the place most likely for you to get burnt (sunscreen wears off in water, no bimini to cover you since you're out of the boat, etc.) and make the water a little more comfortable while worrying less about the sun.

The cover itself is made from waterproof polyester and has a UPF rating of 50+ (blocks over 98% of UV rays), the frame is all anodized aluminum, including the four frame poles that are custom non-rotating telescoping tubing, and the floating anchors hold the cover down in case wind gets hold of the cover. No mounting hardware on the boat and the whole system weighs less than 10 pounds, so it's easy to carry and store on the boat since everything can be placed in our storage bag and is ~30x14x4 inches. Each cover also comes compatible with our soon-to-be-released Land Kit. I've mounted the cover on airplanes, cars, SUVs, campers, fences, etc... anything that the cover can be mounted securely to.

It's best to show it than explain it, so I'll send you to my website: http://www.moorshade.com. If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me at [email protected].

Also, I've created a discount code for the forum/Facebook group members for 20% (Enter Cumberland20 at checkout), which is good for the next couple of weeks! Going to be shipping out late next week so order now and have it in time for Memorial Day weekend! :)

Arickosmo
I posted something! WooHoo!

Re: MoorShade: Over-water Sunshade

Post by Arickosmo »

I love the idea! We have a cruiser with plenty of shade but I can see this being super handy on a runabout.

Return to “Boat Accessories”