Store open for business on weekends for now

For customers and slip holders of State Dock Marina / Resort

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Dolphin
Marina/Ramp: lake Cumberland

Store open for business on weekends for now

Post by Dolphin »

Looks Like the dock Store is open for business !!!
Dolphin

Re: Store open for business on weekends for now

Post by Dolphin »

Well, It looks like we missed the Big Blow last night, it is still all little Blustery and cool ! But the main storm has moved on North and East of the Cumberland region
boatfreak
I posted something! WooHoo!

Post by boatfreak »

Well we hope to get down to see the place sometime soon. Its been dry around here and we've been taking advantage of it. Now all I need is my boat back. We did a few poker runs down in the Keys over the winter but I'm afraid I lost an engine on the last one so what's a guy to do :-\ .......pull them both and upgrade....I thought we needed just a little more power anyway. B-)
TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER
Marina/Ramp: Burnt Store Marina Florida

Post by TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER »

Hold down the fort for me, I thought I was there very little last year, I will be there only 3-4 times this year... And 1 is to open it and 2 is to close it! :(( :(( :((
MY BABY WAS BOTTLE FED, IS YOURS???
Dolphin

Post by Dolphin »

boatfreak wrote:Well we hope to get down to see the place sometime soon. Its been dry around here and we've been taking advantage of it. Now all I need is my boat back. We did a few poker runs down in the Keys over the winter but I'm afraid I lost an engine on the last one so what's a guy to do :-\ .......pull them both and upgrade....I thought we needed just a little more power anyway. B-)
So are you having the work done in tenn. ???
boatfreak
I posted something! WooHoo!

Post by boatfreak »

Dolphin wrote:
boatfreak wrote:Well we hope to get down to see the place sometime soon. Its been dry around here and we've been taking advantage of it. Now all I need is my boat back. We did a few poker runs down in the Keys over the winter but I'm afraid I lost an engine on the last one so what's a guy to do :-\ .......pull them both and upgrade....I thought we needed just a little more power anyway. B-)
Wow do you have your ear to the ground or what?
Well we just got nearly 2 inches of rain so we just might be falling behind around here and I was hoping for an early planting this year. I am all but done with anhydrous and have been over all of the corn ground with a disc so I can't do much but wait and see what mother nature has in store for us. What's your take on these markets?
Dolphin

Post by Dolphin »

boatfreak wrote:
Dolphin wrote:
Wow do you have your ear to the ground or what?
Well we just got nearly 2 inches of rain so we just might be falling behind around here and I was hoping for an early planting this year. I am all but done with anhydrous and have been over all of the corn ground with a disc so I can't do much but wait and see what mother nature has in store for us. What's your take on these markets?
Wheat Rallies on Concern Cold Weather, Snow May Hurt Crops
Share | Email | Print | A A A

By Sungwoo Park

April 6 (Bloomberg) -- Wheat prices advanced to the highest in almost two months in Chicago on speculation that cold weather and snow in the U.S., the world’s biggest exporter of the grain, may damage crops.

More than a foot of snow was dumped in parts of the so- called Corn Belt states over the weekend, the Associated Press reported yesterday. Weather similar to a “record-breaking freeze” two years ago is forecast during the next three days and may cut yields by as much as 25 percent in Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas and across the South, Allen Motew, a meteorologist at QT Information Systems in Chicago, said in an April 5 e-mail.

“The cold weather news is adding fuel to wheat prices,” said Han Sung Min, a grain futures broker at Korea Exchange Bank Futures Co. in Seoul.

Wheat for May delivery on the Chicago Board of Trade rose 1.4 percent to $5.7125 a bushel at midday in London. Earlier the price climbed 1.6 percent to $5.7275 a bushel, the highest compared with intraday prices since Feb. 9.

Wheat doubled from the cold outbreak in the U.S. in April 2007 to the top of the market the following year, Motew wrote. This weekend’s storm hit western Nebraska hardest, with 16 inches of snow, the AP said, citing the National Weather Service.

Prices plunged 39 percent in the past 12 months after farmers globally boosted production by 12 percent to a projected 684.4 million metric tons in the year that began June 1.

Wheat is the fourth-biggest U.S. crop, valued at $16.6 billion in 2008, behind corn, soybeans and hay, government data show.

Corn for May delivery climbed 0.3 percent to $4.055 a bushel and soybeans for the same month added 0.9 percent to $10.0425 a bushel.

To contact the reporter on this story: Sungwoo Park in Seoul at [email protected].
Last Updated: April 6, 2009 07:22 EDT

Return to “State Dock”