Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Pop-O
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: State Dock/Punkin Creek

Still Banned

Post by Pop-O »

Lake Cumberland Community - » Error

Error
You are banned. You may not view the forums, post, make new topics, send U2U's or edit your posts. :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
I have taken the road least traveled................and now I am freakin LOST !
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Still Banned

Post by E_ »

Lol, blame the boy, I bet he still hasn't returned the jack stands or whatever either, lol
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Pop-O
Better Member

Post by Pop-O »

Yep, blame Rob. Works for me. :D
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Lol.
Pop-O
Better Member

Post by Pop-O »

Well guess what? I can finally access LC.com. Took some guy named Cobalt to finally git r dun. And they were still denying that we could not log on. And per usual-locked the thread! 2 months not bad.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

lol, I bet you know him. ROFL
TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER
Marina/Ramp: Burnt Store Marina Florida

Post by TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER »

Pop-O wrote:Well guess what? I can finally access LC.com. Took some guy named Cobalt to finally git r dun. And they were still denying that we could not log on. And per usual-locked the thread! 2 months not bad.
I haven't checked in over there in sometime now, I bet they blamed it on anything but them. BANNING State Dock's ip address, NOW THAT IS PRICELESS =)) =)) =))

I'll bet ole cobalt gets the boot for making them look bad, or they might even just make it look like he never comes back!
MY BABY WAS BOTTLE FED, IS YOURS???
kdfwr911
Better Member

Post by kdfwr911 »

Who's "they"?
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

kdfwr911 wrote:Who's "they"?
The ones with the overinflated egos that think they banned me....
Pop-O
Better Member

Post by Pop-O »

Capt. Bob was one of the "THEY" . Said after it was corrected there was no way the IP was banned. I sat up at SD for two months getting the message in my first post. Think I also asked you to look into it. Someone in the wheelhouse had to fix it, ask around.
kdfwr911
Better Member

Post by kdfwr911 »

Pop-O wrote:Capt. Bob was one of the "THEY" . Said after it was corrected there was no way the IP was banned. I sat up at SD for two months getting the message in my first post. Think I also asked you to look into it. Someone in the wheelhouse had to fix it, ask around.
Let me be clear on this one, I don't have the controls to fix it or even to see it for that matter. The only things I can do on LC.com that you can't is edit a post, delete a post, lock a thread or move a thread to another section of the forum. Beyond those things you have as much ability as I do to do anything else there. I don't have the controls to ban anyone or to block an IP. In fact, I can't even see anyone's IP....nor do I want to have those abilities and controls. When you asked me to look into it, I passed that request on to those who have the controls to see those things and fix them. I was told the same as you, that SD was not blocked. And in fact they weren't completely as only one of their multiple IP's were blocked.

It's my understanding that SD has multiple IP's, and one of them was inadvertently blocked at some point....probably while blocking spammers in the daily battle to keep them off the forum. (I have no idea why they have more than one IP nor how many they actually have, but assume it's all necessary to supply Wi-Fi to all the slips and offices.) It was human error on someone's part plain and simple. We're all human and $hit happens sometimes. But I can assure you that "they" have no conspiracy to keep you off the forum if that's what's being insinuated.
Pop-O
Better Member

Post by Pop-O »

LC.com was not trying to keep me off, they kept everybody off. The wireless to the slips is and has been the same IP for as long as I have been using it. All I was trying to do was check the site when I was at the lake. I don't log in or post there anymore.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Like 911 said they have SEVERAL IPs, almost a full range from what I can tell.

Thanks for the clarification 911, much appreciated.

I also don't think "they" are out to ban any person but if a character pops up that rocks their boat they ban that character. It has always been a policy of that forum to allow people to come back as long as they don't rock the boat as the new character. I know first hand "they" know 99% of the time when the same person comes back. They just watch them to make sure they are following the rules. Same as I do here its just with the smaller group here we all seem to get along better. Plus I have less people to complain plus most of us here are of the same political etc. mindset which makes it easy. I let this thread run on and allowed some posts that slightly go against our rule of not talking negatively about other lake forums because I was hoping it would open a avenue of positive communication. I believe that has happened. Please be respectful to one another. :)

Group hug! lol
Pop-O
Better Member

Post by Pop-O »

SD wireless has always been the same IP for me. How can you select another IP?
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

You might be able to do a start\run\command
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

maybe a flushdns will work and then a renew.

You may be setup static, their DNS server may be setup to give out the same IPs to the same MAC.

They may have assigned you a static IP at a conspiracy request of LC.com to keep your son off the forum. ROFLMAO. j/k
Pop-O
Better Member

Post by Pop-O »

That may be the answer. Blame ROB !!!!!!!!! :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

He's a big boy he can take it. lol
I think we are going to have to get him out of the pool and to the lake more often though. He has too much web animosity. ;)
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Hate to see this chit on this site...... :ymsigh: :ymsigh: :ymsigh:
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER
Marina/Ramp: Burnt Store Marina Florida

Post by TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER »

I guess since my posts must be proof read before they are allowed to appear and I am unable to send Pm's to anyone (which is the way LC.com liked for things to be handled), I'll head off into the sunset.
MY BABY WAS BOTTLE FED, IS YOURS???
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

If almost every post wasn't anti lc.com we would not have an issue. I would MUCH rather have you around. Come here and forget about what bothers you elsewhere. Those that are mods elsewhere come here to do the same. Just act like the other stuff never happened. ;-)
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

E_HILLMAN wrote:If almost every post wasn't anti lc.com we would not have an issue. I would MUCH rather have you around. Come here and forget about what bothers you elsewhere. Those that are mods elsewhere come here to do the same. Just act like the other stuff never happened. ;-)
Ya'll know how I hate to agree wif E but he's spot on! :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

I've had my issues "there" too but that's history and doesn't belong here! :ymhug:
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)

Return to “State Dock”