Storm Report State Dock

For customers and slip holders of State Dock Marina / Resort

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Pop-O
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: State Dock/Punkin Creek

Storm Report State Dock

Post by Pop-O »

Hello State Dockers. We had some storm damage at the dock on Wednesday morning. One of the rental boat docks was moved about 150 yards towards Jamestown which resulted in the connecting walkway being ripped apart and it is mostly sunk. Some damage to tops and canvas on those boats but not real significant. The connection from the main dock to the walkway to the private slips in front of the fitness center was torn away.

So far we haven't seen damage in other areas of the dock or to any of your boats. Cable and phone for some of the slips runs through the main walk so it will be down for awhile. Electric service was not affected as it is fed underwater to each row and not through the main walkway. We knew that a strong storm was expected and had spent the day preparing for it making sure all boats were tied up adequately.

If you have any questions or would like for us to check something for you, just let us know. We have a little work to do but at least it's not in the private slip area and your boats are fine.
I have taken the road least traveled................and now I am freakin LOST !
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Storm Report State Dock

Post by E_ »

Thanks for copying over Pop-O!
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Storm Report State Dock

Post by E_ »

Marine Assist

Hopefully finishing at State Dock today, recovering their sunken dock sections. It has been a job!

Like · · Share · 13 · 39 minutes ago ·
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.

Return to “State Dock”