In Water Boat Show

For customers and slip holders of State Dock Marina / Resort

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Pac22
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs

In Water Boat Show

Post by Pac22 »

Does anyone know if there is a charge for slip customers to see the band Sat. night. I don't much care to pay to see the houseboats but I do want to check out the band. Usually slip customers get in free to the entertainment. Any input is appreciated.
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Re: In Water Boat Show

Post by FasterThanYou »

Maybe

There's a little input. Is it appreciated? :)) :)) :))

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
raptorlvr
Marina/Ramp: Jamestown Marina

Post by raptorlvr »

Hi ___,

We have a supervisor meeting tomorrow morning and I will confirm that slip customers will not be charged to see the bands and then post on here.

Happy now?!
bubbles
Better Member

Post by bubbles »

raptorlvr wrote:Hi ___,

We have a supervisor meeting tomorrow morning and I will confirm that slip customers will not be charged to see the bands and then post on here.

Happy now?!
LOL....i also kinda consider myself a state dock person (i'm either there or grider all the time)....and i was wondering the same, about paying to see the band. i plan on seeing dj and ___ and whoever else this wknd! :D ;;)
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

raptorlvr wrote:Hi ___,

Happy now?!
Whoa...I'm 99% always happy. I never meant to come off as unhappy. I was just wondering so I could plan accordingly. Dam :D

I have some folks coming down who have never been to LC and I want to show them some of the lake, and then come back to the dock for the band. I have sucessfully converted 2 boater friends this yr to abandon their current lake and come to LC every weekend, better yet, State Dock. :D
Just Chillin
Better Member

Post by Just Chillin »

Raptorlvr, do slip customers get in free for the houseboat portion?
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

Just Chillin wrote:Raptorlvr, do slip customers get in free for the houseboat portion?
I can answer that one for ya....NOPE :D
MarineAssist
Better Member

Post by MarineAssist »

OK, here is the one thing that bugs me about State Dock a little.

When they have a special event, you cannot get in to the food vendors without paying admission for whatever is going on. For instance, during the blues fest, I really wanted to get some of Fat Man's BBQ, as it is not until the winter when I am free to drive over to Burnside to get it in his restaurant. I really was not interested in the band and had no plans to hang out at all.

Same with this houseboat expo. If you wanted to pull up to get lunch, you had to pay the "cover". Again, I really had no interest in seeing the houseboat show myself, but the food vendors were in behind the velvet rope area.

Seems like the food vendor could maybe be on an outside table where they could sell to folks without them having to "get in".

Just me whining.

Next time I will have to call raptorlvr to sneak me a plate out over the velvet rope!
Dolphin
Marina/Ramp: lake Cumberland

Re:well Don, You, and 1,000 others

Post by Dolphin »

Lolll :ymparty:

Be happy, gas is not $8.00 as of yet
bubbles
Better Member

Post by bubbles »

MarineAssist wrote:OK, here is the one thing that bugs me about State Dock a little.

When they have a special event, you cannot get in to the food vendors without paying admission for whatever is going on. For instance, during the blues fest, I really wanted to get some of Fat Man's BBQ, as it is not until the winter when I am free to drive over to Burnside to get it in his restaurant. I really was not interested in the band and had no plans to hang out at all.

Same with this houseboat expo. If you wanted to pull up to get lunch, you had to pay the "cover". Again, I really had no interest in seeing the houseboat show myself, but the food vendors were in behind the velvet rope area.

Seems like the food vendor could maybe be on an outside table where they could sell to folks without them having to "get in".

Just me whining.

Next time I will have to call raptorlvr to sneak me a plate out over the velvet rope!
I have to agree with ya on this one MA! :-s
Jaybird
Better Member

Post by Jaybird »

A true senario: Long time slip customer (years and years) goes down to the showers and to get breakfast at Chubbs. Was not me. The person at the table wants $10 to get through to the eatery and no amount of convincing talk will change their mind. Pure BS. These events are nice fo SD and most likely make money, however they are really an incovenience to the slip customer (parking, confusion on the ramp, overloadeded service issues, the issue mentioned above). We pay a lot to be at SD and have gotten use to being taken care of, but It is like the slip customer becomes secondary to the event and is penalized for being here. Nuff' said. X(
inthered
Contributor
Marina/Ramp: Burnside Island

Post by inthered »

MarineAssist wrote:OK, here is the one thing that bugs me about State Dock a little.

Just me whining.

Marine Assist: Last couple times I was in the water on the east end, Fat Man had a Bar-b-Q shack on the water at Burnside Marina. Great food! :p
Islander_212
Marina/Ramp: State Dock / Caney Fork

Post by Islander_212 »

Yep, they would not let us on the dock either to go to the ship store. Went to Jamestown and spent a couple hundred dollars. They took it no problem! I would have even paid the ten dollars too so that we could have looked a couple of houseboats. When asked she did not think they would take a check, a debit card and probably no ATM and no we cannot go and find out. Sorry I never have cash on me as there is generally no need. The girl at the dock had no clue and was not even worried that we would go across the lake to give away some hard earned money.
Skinny
I posted something! WooHoo!

Post by Skinny »

Just me whining.

Cap'n, if you had been a sponsor you could have come and gone as you pleased with your nifty weekend-long sponsor pass.
B-)
MarineAssist
Better Member

Post by MarineAssist »

I know, I know. I am simply "sponsored out" or otherwise have blown my ad budget this year.

There are still FAR more people who have no clue I am here than do.
Skinny
I posted something! WooHoo!

Post by Skinny »

Just bustin' your trim tabs.
;)
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

lol @ Skinny
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Dolphin

Post by Dolphin »

Skinny wrote:

Just me whining.

For the cost of the sponsorship, or the $400. cost to have a display ? You can go across to Jamestown Marina for Lunch, Or up to the Lodge for one very nice Steak.
Cap'n, if you had been a sponsor you could have come and gone as you pleased with your nifty weekend-long sponsor pass.
B-)
That kind of Response is why there are so many very unhappy Persons right now.
There are Way to many slips becoming Empty on this lake Just because of Attitudes Like That Skinny
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Post by FasterThanYou »

Dolphin wrote:
That kind of Response is why there are so many very unhappy Persons right now.
There are Way to many slips becoming Empty on this lake Just because of Attitudes Like That Skinny
Hell, there's a waiting list about 4 years long at ours.

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
Dolphin

Re: Had some great Wings tonight

Post by Dolphin »

Went down to the dock Restaurant and got an order of their famous Wings, celery and Blue cheese dip =)) Yummmm , that is One Item they do very well

Among many others :) =))

What a Lovely evening on the Cumberland

Return to “State Dock”