New Parking Area at State Dock

For customers and slip holders of State Dock Marina / Resort

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

New Parking Area at State Dock

Post by E_ »

Here are some Pics that Dolphin e-mailed me...

Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
WhiteNights

Re: New Parking Area at State Dock

Post by WhiteNights »

Hmmm, why does that remind me of the road down to CSM?
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

I'm not sure, the one above is MUCH wider... lol
TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER
Marina/Ramp: Burnt Store Marina Florida

Post by TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER »

They got ALOT of work to do in a short amount of time, not to mention, the wettest time of the season!!!
MY BABY WAS BOTTLE FED, IS YOURS???
DMS

Post by DMS »

ain't that purdy
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Is that at the top of the hill where the road splits to Lure Lodge?
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
Dolphin
Marina/Ramp: lake Cumberland

Post by Dolphin »

re3too wrote:Is that at the top of the hill where the road splits to Lure Lodge?
YES
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Dolphin wrote:
re3too wrote:Is that at the top of the hill where the road splits to Lure Lodge?
YES
Thanks for the answer! Spring must have sprung 'cause the "ole mammal" has spoken! Good to hear from ya! You know why I asked....gotta make sure my path to the lodge (on foot) is still passable. Know it won't be as pretty but guess that's the price of progress! :) / :(
E_
Site Admin

Dolphin sent us some more pics.

Post by E_ »

These are from 2 weeks ago...
206 (Medium).JPG
206 (Medium).JPG (84.84 KiB) Viewed 11896 times

207 (Medium).JPG
207 (Medium).JPG (109.15 KiB) Viewed 11896 times

208 (Medium).JPG
208 (Medium).JPG (108.57 KiB) Viewed 11896 times
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

How many parking spaces will actually be gained?
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

8 =))
Dolphin

Post by Dolphin »

re3too wrote:How many parking spaces will actually be gained?
Well, I think I read 300 ???? But not for sure !!!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Raptorlvr stated 400 on lc.com (if I remember correctly)
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

That seems like a lot but what do I know?
raptorlvr
Marina/Ramp: Jamestown Marina

Post by raptorlvr »

There will be two new parking lots. One on the right side of the road (just past parking lot B) heading to the lodge and one on the left side of the main park road. The dirt and rocks from the left side is being used to fill in the valley on the right side. The total # of new parking spaces will be close to 400. Not sure of exact numbers. The first picture is the parking lot on the left. The second picture is the parking lot on the right.
Attachments
IMG_6422.jpg
IMG_6422.jpg (60.3 KiB) Viewed 11827 times
IMG_6424.jpg
IMG_6424.jpg (70.09 KiB) Viewed 11827 times
E_
Site Admin

More Pics from Dolphin

Post by E_ »

007.JPG
007.JPG (885.96 KiB) Viewed 11800 times
Attachments
008.JPG
008.JPG (611.41 KiB) Viewed 11800 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Attachments
022.JPG
022.JPG (591.5 KiB) Viewed 11800 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

More Pics from Dolphin (I think it was a fews days ago he sent these)

007 (Medium).JPG
007 (Medium).JPG (110.11 KiB) Viewed 11777 times
008 (Medium).JPG
008 (Medium).JPG (85.82 KiB) Viewed 11777 times
009 (Medium).JPG
009 (Medium).JPG (124.3 KiB) Viewed 11777 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

More pics from Dolphin!
ready to pave, S.D 001 (Medium).JPG
ready to pave, S.D 001 (Medium).JPG (131.31 KiB) Viewed 11767 times

ready to pave, S.D 002 (Medium).JPG
ready to pave, S.D 002 (Medium).JPG (97.02 KiB) Viewed 11767 times
ready to pave, S.D 003 (Medium).JPG
ready to pave, S.D 003 (Medium).JPG (85.65 KiB) Viewed 11767 times
DMS

Post by DMS »

Several of my buddies have been hauling asphalt yesterday and this morning...on standby now due to rain.
Dolphin

Post by Dolphin »

Denmark- wrote:Several of my buddies have been hauling asphalt yesterday and this morning...on standby now due to rain.
Yes, between the rains they seem to have the 1st. layer down
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs

Post by Pac22 »

The new parking lot is great, but....Can someone tell me why the the temporary 15 minute parking area isn't enforced??? I saw several cars parked there all last weekend with no one being towed or ticketed. I even noticed one vehicle belonging to a well liked member of sesemestreet.com parked there from Friday to Sunday. Does anyone know why this isn't enforced??
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

my guess is that it depends on who you are.
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

Well one vehicle I saw I know is just a slip customer. Either way it's beside the point. Every space that says "temporary parking, 15 minute limit, violators towed" is not being enforced as far as I can tell. I was just wondering if anyone knew why.
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

Oh well, I guess no one knows. I can't wait to see how bad it will be this weekend. :|
Dolphin

Post by Dolphin »

_____ wrote:Oh well, I guess no one knows. I can't wait to see how bad it will be this weekend. :|

How Bad What will be _____ ????

Did you survive the 4th. ?

Also, If You have a slip customer Parking ticket ??? They seem to be allowing the use of the temporary reserved slips for now ??? also, those are for H.B. renters to Un Load and or Load !!!
Nearly

Post by Nearly »

Bill told me a couple of weeks ago that a lot of signs were damaged during the construction and they are having a lot more printed. In the past due to the parking problem, the only place the temporary parking was inforced is below the signs. If you have a mirror tag, you can park anywhere on the hill. The new lot is supposedly going to be slip holder parking only and the signs arriving should reflect that soon. I did see a couple who thought that parking below the signs didn't pertain to them getting their nice new Escalade loaded onto a roll back a couple of weeks ago. It was indicated that it will be difficult to Police the new lot but they feel after a few tows, people should get the message. They feel it may take a while for folks to get integrated to the new parking arrangement but when they do, things will smooth out.
Technically, push come to shove, the parking lots are State Park property. The spots on the hill are the only ones leased by the dock and the signs for slip customes on the new lot will be a courtesy of the State Park.
Knowing Bill Jasper, he will get this worked out, we just have to be patient.
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

Thanks Nearly, that clears it up. I also saw the Escalade being loaded up.
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

Be careful where you park!!!!! I parked in the new lot down on the hill this weekend. I've parked in this same spot 3 times now. I wasn't sure if I was ok so I asked the shuttle drivers, TWICE, if it was ok and they said yes. Several others were parked there as well. This is at the end of the lot. Well I got to my truck yesterday and wow, we all had bright yellow warning stickers on our windows. And they don't come off easily. X( X( X( X( X( Someone needs to have some better communication with the shuttle drivers on where is and isn't allowed parking. Or perhaps some "no parking" signs where it's not allowed. Wow what a concept. :ymsigh:
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

Also, I now have this sticky goo on my window that a razor blade won't even get off. I guess I need to find out who to send the clean up bill to. X( X( X(
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I hate anything being done to my vehicle... Maybe try goofoff but make sure you don't get it on your paint. Put in on a cloth and then wipe?
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

Try some peanut butter ___. It is so very slightly abrasive but won't scratch the glass. Use it on photo frames when the stick 20 danged stickers on the front of the glass.....
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Post by FasterThanYou »

_____ wrote:Also, I now have this sticky goo on my window that a razor blade won't even get off. I guess I need to find out who to send the clean up bill to. X( X( X(
So I guess the soap was easier to get off. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

Yes, much easier. If that wouldn't have come off I would've parked it on some train tracks and put it out of its misery. :D
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

TTT...Hey Raptor, can you help me out with who I need to contact? I would really like to resolve this before I lose my cool and take things into my own hands.....
raptorlvr
Marina/Ramp: Jamestown Marina

Post by raptorlvr »

Hi ___,

Sorry about the gunky stickers! I will talk to Kyle and be sure that the shuttle bus drivers know where people are allowed or not allowed to park. I would guess that if you are in a marked parking space on asphalt then you would be okay. If you are parked on gravel...then that's not okay. I know we are in the process of getting signs up. If all else fails call Bill Jasper. I will send you his cell number.
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

Well that's what doesn't make sense. Where I was parked wasn't marked as a spot but I was out of the way of traffic. There were 2 or 3 other cars parked in the gravel and they didn't get the nasty sticker. Maybe in time they will get it straigtened out. I know it's still a work in progress. Oh well, I'm better now.

Also, it would be nice if they could designate an area for motorcycles. I just shake my head when I see one bike taking up a whole spot for a vehicle. And that is about everey wekend.
Nearly

Post by Nearly »

OK. I saw the sign that said parking for slip customers only at the entrance to the new parking lot. When I tried to park all the spaces were full so I went to B lot where I usually park. The shuttle driver said at the time, she had not noticed the sign yet and like I, sure didn't see many parking passes in the windows in the new lot. Ahem, "all others will be towed" ;)

With all the spaces now, there is still plenty of spaces to park, and with the shuttle running I don't see a big deal where you park unless you are lucky enough to get a space right up the hill from the walkway. Especially since it's been 98 degrees in the shade most of the summer. That last blast of cool air from the shuttle AC is a welcome refreshment after that hot walk from the slip.

Oh yea, ___, I'm glad now I didn't take that space in the gravel and left it for you ;)
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

Oh yea, ___, I'm glad now I didn't take that space in the gravel and left it for you

But I wasnt in the gravel, others were. I was on pavement at the end of the lot, where I've parked a couple of times before with no issues.
Nearly

Post by Nearly »

_____ wrote:Oh yea, ___, I'm glad now I didn't take that space in the gravel and left it for you

But I wasnt in the gravel, others were. I was on pavement at the end of the lot, where I've parked a couple of times before with no issues.

Sorry about the mistake....

"There were 2 or 3 other cars parked in the gravel and they didn't get the nasty sticker."

I intrepreted you were also in the gravel with them.

Don't they teach you guys in Lexington you're supposed to park between the yellow lines? :D Oh Wait, E is the only one who parks in the lines in Lexington isn't he?

I just wonder where all the parking passes were from all the cars parked in the "slip customer parking only" lot?
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Nearly the only thing ___ is between is Louisville and Lexington... LMAO
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Nearly the only thing ___ is between is Louisville and Lexington... LMAO

Well I was between something about an hour ago but I'll refrain from elaborating. :D
WhiteNights

Post by WhiteNights »

_____ wrote:
E_HILLMAN wrote:Nearly the only thing ___ is between is Louisville and Lexington... LMAO

Well I was between something about an hour ago but I'll refrain from elaborating. :D

Between beers maybe?? :-?
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

Ummm, yeah, that's it. :^o ;)

Return to “State Dock”