Water at SD

For customers and slip holders of State Dock Marina / Resort

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

crwky

Water at SD

Post by crwky »

Ok being a rookie at SD when will the water be turned off. I thought I heard something last year about winter water at SD but I have not noticed it. That was one good thing about being at LFM we had that option. What are our options once the water is off? My neighbor is the "water maker man" but I have not found out where to tap into his system yet :p =)) :))
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Water at SD

Post by E_ »

C, from what I understand those freeze spickets you see on the docks is the winter water supply once the other is turned off.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Jaybird
Better Member

Post by Jaybird »

The red spickets are the winter water at SD. The way they are spaced and where your slip is would determine the length of hose needed. I have rather large water tanks on my boat but if I should run low on water, I probably would have to put a couple of hoses together to refill. Also historically, the water gets turned off sometime the middle of November or a little later. It depends on how fast it gets to be freezing cold. I believe there is a thread on lakecumberland.com about the winter spickets but I could not find it. A phone call to the ships store or an email to Bill will get you exact information.
crwky

Post by crwky »

Jaybird wrote:The red spickets are the winter water at SD. The way they are spaced and where your slip is would determine the length of hose needed. I have rather large water tanks on my boat but if I should run low on water, I probably would have to put a couple of hoses together to refill. Also historically, the water gets turned off sometime the middle of November or a little later. It depends on how fast it gets to be freezing cold. I believe there is a thread on lakecumberland.com about the winter spickets but I could not find it. A phone call to the ships store or an email to Bill will get you exact information.
Thanks I should be fine as long as I get to top off after Thanksgiving weekend. I will keep an eye out for a red spicket. ;) I know I could call the marina but that takes all the fun out of it and the people who are in the know get to show the rest of us how smart they are this way. :D Thanks for the reply
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

Chris, it's much easier to syphin from your neighbor, than run all that hose. :ymdevil:
crwky

Post by crwky »

I'm working on that. B-) I think I will catch him gone run a line from his boat under water to my boat and just pump away. I may give him a little apple pie to drink along the way to keep him happy :)) :))
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Make sure you get the right tank... :ymsick:
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

But what if you are parked on the left side? Be kinda stupid to go to the right tank :-\ /:) #-o :-?
Dolphin
Marina/Ramp: lake Cumberland

Post by Dolphin »

Jaybird wrote:The red spickets are the winter water at SD. The way they are spaced and where your slip is would determine the length of hose needed. I have rather large water tanks on my boat but if I should run low on water, I probably would have to put a couple of hoses together to refill. Also historically, the water gets turned off sometime the middle of November or a little later. It depends on how fast it gets to be freezing cold. I believe there is a thread on lakecumberland.com about the winter spickets but I could not find it. A phone call to the ships store or an email to Bill will get you exact information.
Hmmmm. wonder what happened to all the detailed info and Pictures of the winter water system ????
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

lol, same thing that happened to a lot of other good helpful info. But you are welcome to repost the pics in this thread if you still have them. ;)

Return to “State Dock”