For customers and slip holders of State Dock Marina / Resort

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Pop-O
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: State Dock/Punkin Creek

SD sale announced

Post by Pop-O »

Dear State Dock Guests,

We are proud to announce the acquisition of State Dock by Suntex Marinas, a Dallas based owner and operator of premier waterfront destination properties. Suntex have owned and operated 37 marina properties and are very excited about adding both properties to our current portfolio of 25 Marinas in Texas, Georgia, Florida, Virginia, New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, Maryland, Iowa, Arkansas and St. Maarten.

Mr. Bryan Horne has been chosen to lead the property as our General Manager. Bryan most recently was General Manager of Pier 121 Marina in Lewisville Texas, which is one of the largest inland marinas in the United States, with over 2000 slips. Bryan brings over 25 years of customer service and retail experience that will be beneficial in continuing to build upon the success already attained at State Dock. Suntex is very confident that Bryan will continue to provide the customer service that members and guests expect on Lake Cumberland, while also enhancing the experience.

Also joining the State Dock team as Manager of Member Services is Chris Girdler, who is known to many of you already. Chris most recently was a Kentucky State Senator who worked tirelessly on behalf of the marina and tourism industry. The experience and connections Chris gained working with state officials will be invaluable as we continue to enhance the property. We are excited to have Chris as part of the Suntex team.

Additional operational support will be provided to the property by Suntex Marinas which is led by Chris Petty, President, Ron TenEyck, Vice President of Operations and Bryan Walden, Director of Operations. Everyone will be working to make your experience as enjoyable as possible at State Dock!

With the change in ownership, State Dock will see exciting changes in the coming months, such as property maintenance and additional merchandise offerings to name a few. Announcements with more specific information and timing regarding our changes will be coming to you in monthly newsletters beginning soon. Also, all current personnel you have come to know will remain the same, and everyone here, customers and crew alike, can look forward to being part of the Suntex family and partnering together to continue making the marina THE destination on Lake Cumberland.

All future correspondence and mailing should be sent to:

State Dock Marina
6365 State Dock Road
Jamestown, KY 42629

Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this change, please feel free to give us a call at the marina office. State Dock: (270) 343-6000.

Sincerely,

Chris Petty
President, Suntex Marinas
I have taken the road least traveled................and now I am freakin LOST !
Pop-O
Better Member

Re: SD sale announced

Post by Pop-O »

Happy to see Chris Girdler on the team. We bought our boat from him. Nice guy.
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Post by Nervous Wreck »

So, define BOTH properties to me?
Pop-O
Better Member

Post by Pop-O »

Don't know what is meant by BOTH properties either. I see no mention of BOTH anything in the letter. From what I see only SD has been bought.
Pinnacle

Post by Pinnacle »

Pop-O wrote:Dear State Dock Guests,

We are proud to announce the acquisition of State Dock by Suntex Marinas, a Dallas based owner and operator of premier waterfront destination properties. Suntex have owned and operated 37 marina properties and are very excited about adding both properties to our current portfolio
Pop-o, It is right there in the letter you posted. I have written back to State Dock and the writer of the letter, Chris Petty, asking about this and some other confusing language in the letter. So far, I have not been given the courtesy of a reply.
djcardinal
Contributor

Post by djcardinal »

State Dock also owned Wolf Creek. That would be both properties.
Pinnacle

Post by Pinnacle »

Hey DJ, I thought that the full ownership of State Dock had nothing to do with Wolf Creek, only Bill Jasper. But I guess you would know better than I. If both marinas were included in the sale, it was not made clear in the letter. Also, several people I know who dock at Wolf Creek did not get an announcement letter. This has led to the confusion you see here on the forum. The letter I got was difficult to follow for me as well as others. I guess poor english and writing skills are becoming the norm. Sad.
Pop-O
Better Member

Post by Pop-O »

See it now - old eyes old brain ! So yes both properties must include WCM. Message from Bill states he and wife have bought a marina in Florida.

Return to “State Dock”