Sad day IMO when decency has to be described and have to reference laws

Any random thought and item for the Lake

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Sad day IMO when decency has to be described and have to reference laws

Post by E_ »

Its a sad day when I have to make this post but it is what it is
https://www.facebook.com/groups/LakeCum ... 8330005801
Morning Thoughts from your Admin.... Long story short, being mean on this group is not acceptable. Being mean/lewd/crude on the lake is not cool either and there are laws against it contrary to the belief of many. If you like being that way this is NOT the group for you. Go to one of the knock off groups that supports that as this is not the place for you.

Long story....

Lake Cumberland is indeed a HUGE lake and there is room for everyone. For years there have been 3 or 4 coves known to be all about some partying. Each was a different level.

As long as I have known the lake certain areas like Boys Camp and Sid Bell Falls have been known as a family safe area.

The Boating Etiquette guide in the files section of this group has some really good info for those that care to read it. I have a feeling those that don't are the ones that think it is ok to pull in a random cove that has a family and start blasting obscene language or display lewd behavior etc.

This LakeCumberlandBoaters.com group is dedicated to being family friendly as well. Just like the lake we also have a non family friendly outlet for boaters at the Memes site LakeBoaters.net Memes&Other Stuff Page .

Its been sad as this group has grown well above that of a small city seeing certain behaviors on display. Be nice to each other. If you can't be nice then I assure you this is NOT the group for you. This group is for those that love Lake Cumberland and Lake Cumberland Boating to come together. Share great pics and vids and HELP each other.

It is not for belittling your fellow boater because their children were subjected to crude behavior. This group does NOT support the meanness. Yes there is plenty of it on this page I am sure but we do our best to clean up what we can within the rules of the group and I am sure a lot we miss in the comments.

If you think it is ok to harass families. This is NOT the place for you.
Many here knew another version of me and even as wild as that version may have been that person still knew to NOT play nasty music or act lewd in front of kids. Or to go in a cove where someone is enjoying a quiet beautiful day and start blasting Pantera. ...as much as I love Pantera.... I knew where to go and be with the people that WANTED to do that. I knew where to go and get wild. I no matter how wild however respected everyone else's right to their peace.

I have seen may say it is legal etc. However that is actually untrue and I would urge the partiers to take note and apply some peer pressure on the out of control partiers that harass families etc. As when those keep pushing as we have seen in lake history before crack downs can happen. When places like Lake Cumberland - Visit Russell County, KY and Monticello-Wayne County Chamber of Commerce etc. see that Lake Cumberland is getting labeled as not family friendly they know it hurts tourism dollars even more than a crack down. You will soon find Title 36 of the federal codes is more on the side of those families than of the rude ones. Try 327.12 for example "(c) Any act or conduct by any person which interferes with, impedes or disrupts the use of the project or impairs the safety of any person is prohibited. Individuals who are boisterous, rowdy, disorderly, or otherwise disturb the peace on project lands or waters may be requested to leave the project." That is the federal law, this is the state - Kentucky Revised Statute section 525.060 and KRS Chapter 525, §70.

I don't want to see the party crowd knocked off the lake nor would most families. What I do want to see is the return of decency to your common man and boater. Don't trample on families whether they be in a quiet cove by themselves and expect them to move when you roll in or if they are in a spot that for decades has been seen as family friendly. We can indeed all get along and have respect for one another.

I don't control the lake and don't think that I do. But I know local communities around the lake do not support the meanness I have seen on this group towards families from what I am sure is a handful of people that are causing ripples. I am lucky enough to be friends with some of the biggest partiers on this lake. Yet I have NEVER seen them blast rape anthems in a cove of kids. They even have their own playlists for when they want to show up every now and then in the coves with us with the kids. Its just a matter of decency.

I may not control the lake but I do feel a need to at least on this little facebook group do my best to keep it family friendly. So if you can't understand what I am saying and still feel it is your right to ruin some family's day on the lake or takeover a known family cove. Feel free to leave the group as we don't want you on it. You are one of the people that cause the volunteers that run this group to have to take time away from their fun to try to calm situations down here. I pray and hope that one day you will turn from such thinking and maybe even return here with a better mindset. For those that have messaged me etc. , we can't see all the comments etc. but if you report, we review. We look for truth in what is posted, kindness and absence of hatefulness, etc. Sometimes some things will be posted that might bother some but are not posted in meanness or to be hateful and those posts many times will stay. But the meanness has NO place here and we will do our best to balance being called Nazis or having God Complexes etc. and cleaning up things to some degree.
This is the post and the comments that most of which are no longer there pushed me to it. There were some really nasty hateful replies over the past 4 days.
The mindset is now the partiers and foul language own the lake and if they pull in a cove a individual or family is in that does not like what they are doing then the others need to pull anchor and leave it to the indecent. ...so sad.
Also no families should have a right to enjoy waterfalls etc.
People laughed at and mocked this person for being upset about a place that has been known for decades to be family friendly.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/LakeCum ... 310685801/
Attachments
sad.png
sad.png (46.45 KiB) Viewed 2466 times
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.

Return to “General Forum of Lake Cumberland”