Questions on House boating - Anyone on this Board?

Any random thought and item for the Lake

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

eptr
I posted something! WooHoo!

Questions on House boating - Anyone on this Board?

Post by eptr »

I hope this Board is still active!

We are looking to come to LC for a houseboat trip in October of 2020. Been to multiple lakes on houseboats in the West, but this is our first time at Cumberland after moving out to Tennessee. I have a couple of questions for the regular local boaters who frequent the lake:

1. The topography of the lake appears to be very steep at the waterline from the pics I can find online, are there flatter areas at the backs of the coves that we can "beach" the houseboat and get off the boat and onto shore for camping, hiking, walking the dogs?
2. What is the debris like in the coves on October?
3. Tree line looks to be about 725 feet...lake levels look to drop historically in October to about 710-718 feet....is there exposed shoreline better at that time?
4. If you were to advise a first time house boater on this lake, would you head eat or west from State Dock if you were going out for a week?
5. Is there a favorite cove/spot your would recommend for a houseboat to travel to?

Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions.....I hope there are people still reading this forum!

Eric*
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Questions on House boating - Anyone on this Board?

Post by E_ »

I am sooooo sorry , it is kind of active but for some reason I did not get a notification or see you had a post waiting ot be approved. Most of the members stay ont he corresponding facebook group.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.

Return to “General Forum of Lake Cumberland”