Talking Crap on Facebook

Any random thought and item for the Lake

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Talking Crap on Facebook

Post by E_ »

I don't know how readable this will be on here but here is a lengthy discussion happening on FB. For those of you that don't go there. I know many of us have had the same discussion before but each time maybe we are a step closer to actions.

From https://www.facebook.com/groups/5857732 ... 458275801/
Attachments
Crap.docx
(30.76 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Re: Talking Crap on Facebook

Post by Lock5 »

Swirlin'.....Swirlin'......Swirlin'

keep the poo a Swirlin'........yee-haaaaw!
TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER
Marina/Ramp: Burnt Store Marina Florida

Post by TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER »

It's total BS, if you ask me! =)) =)) =))
MY BABY WAS BOTTLE FED, IS YOURS???
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Now now Rob, its not all runoff. :-p

lol some of the latter posts it sounds like some of the rental rows might be offenders. :-o Hopefully there is a secret legit pumpout we don't know about they use.
No Patience
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by No Patience »

I have not entered this discussion on face plant really don't like it. I don't know about the rentals I would assume that about half of them do not have working purasans, as for the cruisers I would say it is a very small number that dump in the lake, all the people I know either pump or have purasans. My guess the problem is when they dump back in a creek like 76 falls where the water is shallow and the current is slow, if it was on the main I think the depth and the current would take care of the problem. No I am not advocating dumping on the main lake just stating a thought.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Posted by BP Sagel

Every year, the question of bacteria in the lake comes up when people get sick. In 2007, I contacted the Army Corps of Engineers in Tennessee about Lake Cumberland. They sample the lake every couple of months at various locations to deternime infectious bacteria levels as determine by E. Coli coliforms. Here is what I think the data say. They did not sample places with large crowds present. But, they did compare bacteria levels in marinas vs the open waters of the lake. Marinas are much more contaminated. E. Coli levels were up to 60 cfu/100ml in marinas in the summer, compared to less than 1cfu/100ml in the open lake waters. I believe the high marina bacteria levels are from houseboats discharging treated wastes. Some of their systems are not working well. If you want to swim in the lake, stay out of the water in the marinas and swim in the open lake waters away from houseboats. In addition, you run the risk of electric shock drowning when you swim in a marina. Just my 2 cents worth.

Return to “General Forum of Lake Cumberland”