death near Burnside?

Any random thought and item for the Lake

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

death near Burnside?

Post by E_ »

Reported on our Facebook group.
Attachments
Screenshot_2014-08-10-21-57-41.png
Screenshot_2014-08-10-21-57-41.png (152.08 KiB) Viewed 4078 times
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: death near Burnside?

Post by E_ »

Sadly, confirmed...
http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/Body ... 02211.html

Man killed in Lake Cumberland diving accident

Updated: Mon 3:30 AM, Aug 11, 2014

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/Body ... 02211.html

The Pulaski County coroner got a call just after 5:00 P.M. that someone had found a body in Lake Cumberland.

PULASKI CO., Ky. (WKYT) - A man has died after a diving accident at Lake Cumberland.

The Pulaski County coroner got a call just after 5:00 P.M. on Sunday, that someone had found a body in the lake, east of Woodsen Bend, about five miles from Burnside.

The coroner said George John Fiorini, 42, had gone 50 to 60 feet up a cliff and tried to do a backflip off, when he landed on his back.

It took nearly two hours for search and rescue crews to retrieve his body from the water.

Fiorini had a Cincinnati, Ohio license, but he had recently moved to Ludlow, Kentucky.

Fiorini's body was sent to Frankfort for an autopsy.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
JLA

Re: death near Burnside?

Post by JLA »

Very sad, he lived in Ludlow which is just west of Covington, and south of Cincinnati. It was on the local news today.
Some days I'm the baby, some days I'm the diaper........

Return to “General Forum of Lake Cumberland”