Will the lake fill up (723) this week?

Any random thought and item for the Lake

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Will the lake fill up (723) this week? (or next few to 7 days)

I don't care either way I just want to see Poll results.
33%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
33%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
724+
33%
I wasn't paying attention what is this?
No votes

Total votes: 3

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Maybe? Yesterday speaking to my barber he said the SouthFork this past weekend was already full of trash and wood debris. If this rain keeps up and it looks like a line was headed from TN to the lake area could we jump 10' or will they let a lot of that out?

It would be nice if it could fill up and maybe above early to allow things to settle... I saw sticks etc. on the roads where I love that had not washed out before so I'm sure there is some flushing going on...

Below is what was displayed as I posted this
wlck2_hg 4-4-2014 morning.png
wlck2_hg 4-4-2014 morning.png (16.48 KiB) Viewed 4383 times

This if you hit refresh below should be current.
http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrogra ... gage=wlck2
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Will the lake fill up (723) this week?

Post by E_ »

Radar at 720am (CT I think)
Radar 720am.JPG
Radar 720am.JPG (94.78 KiB) Viewed 4377 times
Pop-O
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: State Dock/Punkin Creek

Post by Pop-O »

If they need to hold all discharge because of flooding towards Nashville, then it should take a big jump. And this mornings radar shows lots of rain in that direction.
I have taken the road least traveled................and now I am freakin LOST !
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I'm calling it 715 from this event as today is basically a new one. Looks like a few got it right on LC.com. They must really be running the generators or something as it sure looked like they were getting a BUNCH of rain late last week. Looks like another inch or two forecasted today. I see a lot of 3,520 cubic feet per second discharges listed but I don't really know how much that really is or if it is any more than normal... lol I truly thought it would jump more than it did... Guess at this height there is a LOT more lake surface area for the water to spread out into.
Attachments
wlck2_hg.png
wlck2_hg.png (34.88 KiB) Viewed 4332 times

Return to “General Forum of Lake Cumberland”