2014 Spring Forum/s, Slip Customers,& Lake Lovers Party 5-17

Any random thought and item for the Lake

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

2014 Spring Forum/s, Slip Customers,& Lake Lovers Party 5-17

Post by E_ »

All,

I am VERY happy to announce that Grider Hill Marina and Resort ( http://www.griderhillmarina.com/ ) has agreed to host our 2014 SPRING FORUM Party. Remember this is not just a "Forum" party and that members from ALL of the Lake Forums, Grider Hill Slip Customers, and just any Lover Of Lake Cumberland is invited to attend.
1015111628a (Custom).jpg
1015111628a (Custom).jpg (58.41 KiB) Viewed 18673 times
Date: May 17th 2014
(some will be down May 16-18 but the main events and band will all be Saturday) The Marina MGT is considering other optional activities as well like karaoke but not confirmed
Time: 5PM Central Time for the main events Saturday

Main events:
• Saturday afternoon will feature a Cornhole Tournament around 5PM CT (6 ET) followed by a Pot Luck Dinner. Feel free to bring a covered dish, salad or dessert and even your favorite beverages for everyone to enjoy. Normally the Cornhole Tourney starts around 5PM CT and the Potluck picks up as it winds down (?6 CT?) –bring your favorite dish BYOB

• Saturday night, The band UGLY EARLY thanks to JRM for sponsoring as well as additional sponsoring from Islander212 will be performing on the Grider Hill Party Deck from around 7:00 or 8PM CT to ???? Don't get too caught up on these schedules as we will try to stick to lake time. Aka, just let the party flow...

Grider Hill will have their restaurant open for the weekend. For some you may want to order a dish from them ahead and just forego the entire hassle of shopping/cooking. ;)

Grider Hill Marina and Resort has a Lodge as well as a large campground. Boatels will be offered for the party....
Advance reservations for Boatels, Lodge Rooms and Suites are being taken now. Book before it's too late!

Boatel and Lodging Rates:
• 50' Family Houseboat with Hot Tub - Sleeps 8 – 2 Nights only $295
• 65' Majestic Houseboat with Hot Tub – Sleeps 10 – 2 Nights only $345
• 70' Flagship Houseboat with Hot Tub – Sleeps 12 – 2 Nights only $395

• Lodge Rooms start at only $71 a night and Suites start at $121 a night.

Covered or uncovered overnight slips with water and electric are available for smaller boats and cruisers. Lay-along slips in the past have been available for Houseboats and larger vessels with access to water but without electric, however please contact the Marina ahead to confirm.

More information about Lodging and Houseboats is available at http://www.griderhillmarina.com

For reservations please call 1-606-387-5501 or 1-866-387-5501.

Brought to you by...
Grider Hill Marina & Resort Logo - Green on White (Custom).jpg
Grider Hill Marina & Resort Logo - Green on White (Custom).jpg (20.08 KiB) Viewed 18673 times
LCB.com.JPG
LCB.com.JPG (22.27 KiB) Viewed 18673 times
&
LakeCumberland-87711 cropped (Custom).jpg
LakeCumberland-87711 cropped (Custom).jpg (17.97 KiB) Viewed 18673 times

thank you to Elizabeth S from Grider Hill

Click here for Facebook event - https://www.facebook.com/events/1382125975362022

1015111512b (Custom).jpg
1015111512b (Custom).jpg (33.08 KiB) Viewed 18673 times
LakeCumberlandBoaters Forum Active Topics QR Code.jpg
LakeCumberlandBoaters Forum Active Topics QR Code.jpg (27.16 KiB) Viewed 18673 times
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
No Patience
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Re: 2014 Spring Forum/s, Slip Customers,& Lake Lovers Party

Post by No Patience »

Will be there if my boat is floating!!! :D
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Thanks to some additional funding on the part of Islander and a additional boatel for the band, Ugly Early is confirmed as the band.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

From what I heard from Grider they have already reserved 1 or 2 boatels this week and I'm pretty sure of another 1 or 2 that will be reserved by this weekend. Looking good for almost 3 months out.

Remember they have lodge rooms and cabins as well.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Less than 2 months!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/albany ... =5/01/2014

In a few days we will get the first peak at what Accuweather thinks that weekend will be like. (yes I know it is more of a novelty but I have to admit accuweather gets pretty close to actual pretty often.. Kinda wild)
Attachments
Weather.JPG
Weather.JPG (106.11 KiB) Viewed 18508 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

TTT - hope your calendars are marked. You DON'T have to have a boat out (or a boat at all for that matter) to enjoy this gathering. I'm hoping for a 76 Falls Cruise before the main events Saturday.
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

Is it to late for a shirt? XXL if I can. Looks like the stars are aligning for a trip down this year.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Lock5 wrote: Looks like the stars are aligning for a trip down this year.
Rut roh...thanks for the warning! Looks like I may be serving a lot of knuckle sammiches! :D ;;) :-*
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

:-s
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

May Day! May Day!!! ITS MAY and the Party is only 2 weeks and 2 days away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Git yer helmet, E_H! :D ;;) :p :-*
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

LOL, you ain't gonna make it and hopefully Jana$$ will forget my chisel and tablet comments. lol
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

E_ wrote:LOL, you ain't gonna make it and hopefully Jana$$ will forget my chisel and tablet comments. lol
Keep tellin' yourself that, poopboy! :D :-s
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Not this, but NEXT weekend! (5-17) The time is here to shake off cabin fever and meet your fellow boaters from the forums, facebook, etc.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Attachments
_20140505_181557.JPG
_20140505_181557.JPG (87.53 KiB) Viewed 18290 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Now showing a higher temp but more clouds with no rain.
Attachments
_20140506_130906.JPG
_20140506_130906.JPG (81.34 KiB) Viewed 18277 times
jazzgirl831
Marina/Ramp: Jamestown

Post by jazzgirl831 »

I won't forget
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

:| :-o :-s
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

jazzgirl831 wrote:I won't forget
That makes two of us! :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
No Patience
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by No Patience »

re3too wrote:
jazzgirl831 wrote:I won't forget
That makes two of us! :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
Lookot E. You could be in trouble!! They know what you look like. =))
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Bad thing is, Janass CAN run.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

E_ wrote:Bad thing is, Janass CAN run.
Don't count me out, bucko! :ymtongue:
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

6 Days
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Just called Grider and they have a few rooms open, said they have some on the upper part of the lodge and some on the lower. They also have a "couple" boatels open. Number for lodge is 1-866-387-5501
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Hump Day means the weekend is not far away now...
E_
Site Admin

Re: 2014 Spring Forum/s, Slip Customers, and Lake Lovers Par

Post by E_ »

More details to follow, still catching up. Great Party but turnout was low to past Grider standards. At any one time I never saw more than 65 people on the party deck. I'm sure more than that trickled through. For example nautinuff and I were apparently both on party deck and I never saw him.

Corn hole tourney this time yielded pretty big prizes From A cash pot to lots of lake decals.com items, some Grider Hill items etc.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Here are some photos from the weekend. Thanks to Grider for hosting the party and if you enjoyed the band thank Islander212 as well as Grider.

Thank you Elizabeth and the Grider Hill Mgt/crew for a great event, as said elsewhere sorry the cooler weather held the numbers back. Hope everyone enjoyed themselves.

CumberlandDragon.jpg
CumberlandDragon.jpg (83.86 KiB) Viewed 18159 times
IMG_20140517_141554514.jpg
IMG_20140517_141554514.jpg (110.78 KiB) Viewed 18159 times
IMG_20140517_141718638.jpg
IMG_20140517_141718638.jpg (100.2 KiB) Viewed 18159 times
IMG_20140517_162659504_HDR.jpg
IMG_20140517_162659504_HDR.jpg (103.94 KiB) Viewed 18159 times
IMG_20140517_162703069_HDR.jpg
IMG_20140517_162703069_HDR.jpg (106.17 KiB) Viewed 18159 times
Partial loot for the Cornhole tourney before Grider also donated some items.
Partial loot for the Cornhole tourney before Grider also donated some items.
IMG_20140517_172601232.jpg (112.4 KiB) Viewed 18159 times
IMG_20140517_195732546.jpg
IMG_20140517_195732546.jpg (106.31 KiB) Viewed 18159 times
IMG_20140517_195740815.jpg
IMG_20140517_195740815.jpg (104.77 KiB) Viewed 18159 times
Cornhole tourney 1st and second place  (1st received $80 and shirts, stickers, mugs etc, 2nd received $30 and shirts, a Grider Blanket, etc., and 3rd received some tshirts and a mug as well.
Cornhole tourney 1st and second place (1st received $80 and shirts, stickers, mugs etc, 2nd received $30 and shirts, a Grider Blanket, etc., and 3rd received some tshirts and a mug as well.
IMG_20140517_200031422.jpg (100.31 KiB) Viewed 18159 times

If you have other photos be sure to share them!

I think my favorite part of the weekend was either the PSA brought to us by Cocaine (lol) or the Gotta Have Faith, after moment. ...wow.. Both by the same individual....

ps, I think at some point I would like to retire from coordination duties... Or at the least need some volunteers to handle the Cornhole tourneys etc. That part is just not my cup o tea...
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Photo By Nautinuff
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

E_
Site Admin

Re: 2014 Spring Forum/s, Slip Customers,& Lake Lovers Party 5-17

Post by E_ »

That was a good weekend
RE1poly

Re: 2014 Spring Forum/s, Slip Customers,& Lake Lovers Party 5-17

Post by RE1poly »

interesting information

Return to “General Forum of Lake Cumberland”