2013 Fall Forum Party at Jamestown Marina

Any random thought and item for the Lake

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

2013 Fall Forum Party at Jamestown Marina

Post by E_ »

I thought we had one of these already but I sure couldn't find it.

Anyway
If you are a member of the LakeCumberlandBoaters.com Facebook page it is listed here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/150314078456241/

The 2013 Fall Forum party at Jamestown Marina is scheduled for the weekend of October 5th. With most activities on the 5th including Cornhole and a live band (Ugly Early)

As usual there will be a corn hole tournament and pot luck on Saturday afternoon.

The band will be Ugly Early
Boats tied up for the 2012 Fall Forum Party.jpg
Boats tied up for the 2012 Fall Forum Party.jpg (124.34 KiB) Viewed 60834 times
Great chance to wind down the boating season, meet some of your fellow Cyber friends, and make new ones as well.
Stay tuned to this page as well as https://www.facebook.com/events/150314078456241/ and http://lakecumberland.com/forum.

The new more colorful shirt design you saw for Spring 2013 will be switched over for Jamestown Marina Logos etc. ;)

2013 Forum Party typical Schedule (we never know when we are on lake time what will happen)
*Please note that all times are Central Time!*

Schedule of events
• Saturday Late afternoon – Cornhole Tournament: 4:00pm or 5pm CT– Sign up sheet at boatel row. No planned entry fee but if participants went to do that to make a "pot" and make it more interesting that is up to them.
• Saturday evening – Following the Cornhole Tournament. Dinner –bring your favorite dish BYOB
• Saturday Night– UGLY EARLY will play (this is a free event )
• Sunday morning – The restaurant will be open for breakfast.

ROUGH Draft of shirt
ROUGH DRAFT Shirt Sample Fall 2013.jpg
ROUGH DRAFT Shirt Sample Fall 2013.jpg (93.13 KiB) Viewed 60834 times
Also listed at http://www.lakesonline.com/Members/Even ... teID=KY005
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: 2013 Fall Forum Party at Jamestown Marina

Post by E_ »

Here is a pic from the lake this morning.
LFM.JPG
LFM.JPG (9.19 KiB) Viewed 60835 times
Just kidding

This might be the first year it is warmer at the fall party than it was at the lake for the month of August... WHEW!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

3 weeks and 5 days away! Make your plans now! If you need a room contact Jamestown Marina! I think they also have some transient slips etc.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

TTT
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

After his latest escapade, GWW owes me big! We are delaying FL by a week or two and won't be in OH this weekend as planned so maybe... :D ;;)
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Sooo, you are coming to see me Oct 5? :YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE: :O) :YMPARTY: \:D/ \:D/
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Not you especially but will try my hardest to give other folks a treat! :D ;;) :p :-*
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Oh well I'll still be Image
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

EWW! :ymsick: :ymsick:
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

What? You don't like my happy face? I'll draw another one for you this winter. LOL
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

The happy face is fine...it's the delivery method that makes me :ymsick: !
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I have another neat update. Now it is not 100% confirmed and I am pretty sure they would stay over on the rental row BUT JRM is thinking about possibly renting out a few "boatels" for the party. If you have not gotten a room yet stay tuned. I am waiting to hear back from the event coordinator on this.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Soooo, E! Does that mean JB and AB are coming? :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

No :(
...but I might get them down the weekends before and after....
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

E_HILLMAN wrote:I have another neat update. Now it is not 100% confirmed and I am pretty sure they would stay over on the rental row BUT JRM is thinking about possibly renting out a few "boatels" for the party. If you have not gotten a room yet stay tuned. I am waiting to hear back from the event coordinator on this.

And so it shall be (I would guess if you want one of these you better contact JRM - IMMEDIATELY. I would also guess that they would need to know a few days ahead of the forum party... If you want a boatel call JRM today. B-) B-) :ymapplause:

Presidential Houseboat.....6 cabins, 2 baths.

$150.00 per night plus tax for up to 6 people per houseboat. :ymparty:
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

UE2013.jpg
UE2013.jpg (94.79 KiB) Viewed 60529 times
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

I have a definite maybe commitment from GWW. He KNOWS he owes me...we'll see! #:-s
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

TTT
Forecast does seem to be looking up.

We have discussed it in some other spots but REMEMBER THERE IS A POTLUCK Saturday afternoon.
Bring a dish and join us!
I normally bring a desert and maybe some chicken
I think Bubbles is making special chicken noodle soup and a cheeseball MmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMM
(I sure hope someone makes wing dip! lol)

Don't forget byob and keep it covered. JRM is a little more reserved of a environment but they handled us well last year. Heres to hoping for great weather, a good turnout with no sour grape bs Luckily I do have ejection authority at this dock , and maybe a couple boat rides! LCK aka Luv2ski informed me the shirts shipped out yesterday so I should have them soon...

Here is the forecast from yesterday
9-30-2013
9-30-2013
Forecast.JPG (28.62 KiB) Viewed 60467 times

And today looking better
10-1-2013
10-1-2013
Forecast as of 10-1-2013.JPG (37.83 KiB) Viewed 60467 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

TTT, and watch the skies Sunday
bubbles
Better Member

Post by bubbles »

It's finally that time! I just wish I could be there today as well as tomorrow! So, whoever gets to be there today....save some fun for tomorrow! :o) :o) :ymparty:
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

It sucks missing out on today as beautiful as it has been. I at least got out for lunch and thought about how those dogs Islander and Zero were going to be living it up on the lake today... B@$T@RD$ lol
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Today is the day! Hope to see several of you down!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Hey Cousin Ronnie
Attachments
IMG_20131005_174658-1.jpg
IMG_20131005_174658-1.jpg (37.19 KiB) Viewed 60375 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Wow, fell asleep tied to the yacht club and woke up tied off in a slip. Thanks LC
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Walk of shame
Attachments
netcam-1.jpg
netcam-1.jpg (33.38 KiB) Viewed 60360 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

A much quieter yacht club
Attachments
IMG_20131006_064930-1.jpg
IMG_20131006_064930-1.jpg (44.66 KiB) Viewed 60360 times
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Wow, fell asleep tied to the yacht club and woke up tied off in a slip. Thanks LC
Too much "caffeine"? #:-s #-o
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Nope, lack of caffeine ensured instead of staying awake and getting out of hand I just zonked
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

See...I came to see ya and you didn't even know it~! Sheesh...some people are jist rude! :D ;;) :-*
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Riiiiiight ,
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Can you prove I didn't? :ymsmug:
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Yeah, cause there is noooo way you were there after 1030 or so but I don't have to cause you cant prove you did.
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: JRM

Post by LC addict »

Actually she was there around 10:15pm, helped me get your boat over to the slip, must say she is a pretty good boat captain - She was actually talking to you through the cabin door while she was captaining your boat! Geez poopboy, you don't remember anything do you? L-)

BTW, great seeing you Barb! Have a save trip to Florida!
My greatest accomplishments call me Mom!
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Thanks, Suz! He really does need keepers, doesn't he? Good to see you also! We'll have a good trip to FL! :)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Riight, that's is why she said at LC.com she was not there and my guess is you moved my boat more around 12:30 or 1. lol Remember I went with the band to get their guitars just before shut down time. ...when I got back though the sleepies hit me pretty hard. (I think I did good considering normally anymore I fall asleep between 9:30 and 10 as soon as Avery settles down. rofl
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

a BIG thanks to Jamestown Marina and Staff (and specifically Frieda) for hosting us once again. I think we had a pretty good turnout and hope to do better if invited back next year. Guys this is normally some of the best boating weather of the year and even if you have put your boat up you can catch a ride with other forum members or just hang out on the dock and enjoy the day. There is always someone around or something going on with the Forum party weekends.

Glad to see Waterwings and his better half representing LC.com Had a great weekend, drama free (only because RE3 didn't show).
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Riight, that's is why she said at LC.com she was not there.
Do you believe everything you read on that site, doofus? Sheesh! :D ;;) :-*
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Come to think of it maybe I did see you there
Attachments
securedownload.gif
securedownload.gif (13.86 KiB) Viewed 60298 times
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

FUE! :ymtongue: :ymtongue:
No Patience
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by No Patience »

My thoughts on the party are move it to Grider where they will not shut the band down at 8:30, due to complaints of a few people. Jamestown knew there would be a band and should have made better arrangments if it was to close to the Geriatric ward. Sorry guys just my thoughts. we came for the band heard 1 set. long ride just for that.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Didn't expect it either no Patience, last year we did not have that issue.
No Patience

Post by No Patience »

The sad part is that is one of the best bands that I have heard at the lake. They where at Grider a couple of years ago. I am sure that if you talk to Jim he would be happy to have the party there and would probably give some good prices on boatels and rooms.
Last edited by No Patience on Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

IMG_20131005_200310 (Custom).jpg
IMG_20131005_200310 (Custom).jpg (56.07 KiB) Viewed 60277 times
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

What happened? :-\
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Noise complaints:-(
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Direct or indirect?
Islander_212
Marina/Ramp: State Dock / Caney Fork

Post by Islander_212 »

re3too wrote:Direct or indirect?
I think indirect if I understand your definition of that.. Someone directly to the JRM staff who immediately forwarded it to us. At a very late 9:00 PM or so... never mind the advertised "Quiet" time is 11:00 PM. We pulled the plug metaphorically speaking... Actually it was literally. The band went unplugged for a set or two. They are good then too, but I like it loud!
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

You read me correctly, Islander (skeery, huh?). I always love it (NOT) when people go whining to someone else instead of directly going to the source and trying to reach an agreement! Musta been some gubment type folks who can't negotiate! :ymsigh:
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

all of Islanders times above I think are in CT. ;)

It was multiples calls too RE3, at first Frieda was nice and did not tell us and then she asked the band to lower it and then I asked them twice more (each time they did ) It finally got to the point they said they could not really turn it down any more and went acoustic.
...at which point I went to bed. =)) I promise I really only planned to sit back for a moment but that turned into 6:30am. CT. lol i-) i-) i-) i-)
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Post by Nervous Wreck »

LC addict wrote:Actually she was there around 10:15pm, helped me get your boat over to the slip, must say she is a pretty good boat captain - She was actually talking to you through the cabin door while she was captaining your boat! Geez poopboy, you don't remember anything do you? L-)

BTW, great seeing you Barb! Have a save trip to Florida!
Dang 'E'! You must have been "out of it". (moving you around and didn't wake up)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

When I go I go... I can apparently even respond to questions in my sleep. The only thing I remembered was they told me my battery was really low. I told them I had 4 more and went back to sleep. lol If it had been a voice I did not know I would not have slept so well. ...and I know for a fact I was awake and taking band photos at 9:30 ET (per a 20:30CT photo timestamp) and after that I rode with the band on the water taxi to their boat to get acoustical guitars. Then I went to bed but I truly only planned on a 10 minute break. ...yeahh... that happened and then some. You have to understand, anymore I am up by 5:30 or sooner every day so keeping me up past 9:30 or 10 ET is a rare thing anymore. Last fall the only way I did it was I made my last two drinks with RedBull. This year I stupidly switched to wine and it was nap time real quick. lol They didn't actually pick me up Nervous. In the cabin of my boat you can't really hear the engine and at idle speed you won't notice the water anymore than you do sitting still. I heard people on the boat but they were all part of our "crew". I have fired the engine up, pulled the noisey chain anchor via windlass and headed down the lake before while Julie and Avery slept. lol
DMS

Post by DMS »

Has E even noticed his new tattoo yet? :-$
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

You guys gotta stop it. lol LC made me paranoid enough. lol
Islander_212

Post by Islander_212 »

Denmark- wrote:Has E even noticed his new tattoo yet? :-$
Where that thing is located he is going to need some help. That help will have to get very familiar with him too!
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Denmark- wrote:Has E even noticed his new tattoo yet? :-$
I thought no one was going to say anything yet! We were going to wait and see iffin it grew! :D ;;) :-* :p =)) =))
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

shh....... come on folks, lets see how long it takes him to notice on his own.....
Yes E , we all believe you, that is why I got a panicked text at 7am asking if I knew what happened to the money to pay the band =))
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

BTW, I thought the accoustical set was awesome, can't believe more didn't stay around to listen!
Islander_212

Post by Islander_212 »

LC addict wrote:shh....... come on folks, lets see how long it takes him to notice on his own.....
Yes E , we all believe you, that is why I got a panicked text at 7am asking if I knew what happened to the money to pay the band =))
You didn't tell him the truth about the money did you? I thought it split up nicely three ways! BTW, I have already spent my portion...
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

lol, I'm pretty sure Zero would have been calling me if they didn't get it.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

So...where's the pic of the tattoo, poopboy? Having trouble "resizing" it? =)) :ymdevil:
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Yeah Yeah yeah, joke all you want I did good and was a good boy and then I went to bed like a good boy. I am thankful to LC for taking care of the band $$ and for the thoughtfulness of moving the boat (however I was tied off well where I was but understand the worry with the storms Louisville had)
I did get concerned the way everyone was acting that somehow what I remembered about doing as I said above didn't happen and even for a moment worried someone spiked my drink to cause some "Hang Over Movie" scenario other than just a tired guy going to bed. But poor Frieda at JRM had mercy on me and e-mailed me to tell me I was a good kid so :P on you all.
No Patience

Post by No Patience »

You mean that wasn't you dancing on the table. LOL Wait that was probably one of us crazy people from Grider.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I didn't even realize you were with the Grider Clan that came in... dang it and I was still above deck when you showed up. Would have been nice to officially meet you. lol
No Patience

Post by No Patience »

I was the old man with the beard. The wife was in a white dress.

Return to “General Forum of Lake Cumberland”