The Jamestown Queen in 1989

Any random thought and item for the Lake

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

kdfwr911
Better Member

The Jamestown Queen in 1989

Post by kdfwr911 »

Finally getting around to uploading the Jamestown Queen video. Having to post it in segments due to length. Here's the first segment of it arriving at Kendall Park ramp and preparing to load it on trailer. Will post follow up segments as I get them uploaded. All video credits go to Gradith Stephens of Russell Springs.

Last edited by kdfwr911 on Mon May 20, 2013 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kdfwr911
Better Member

Part 2 - Pulling out at Kendall and Launching at Halcombs

Post by kdfwr911 »

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: The Jamestown Queen in 1989

Post by E_ »

AWESOME! Is that the last or are there more to come?
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
kdfwr911
Better Member

Post by kdfwr911 »

One more segment worth uploading to post. The final 20 minute segment really isn't worth the effort. It's basically a few days after they got it to JRM and appears to be a short press/publicity cruise. Part 3 is the best of the bunch IMO because you get to see things on the lake as they were in May 1989. No idle zone thru Low Gap, new and unfinished construction at JRM, boat sizes on the lake back then etc.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

lol, if you get bored, upload it too. lol :P
kdfwr911
Better Member

Part 3 - Maiden voyage from Halcombs Landing to Jamestown Ma

Post by kdfwr911 »

E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you !
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

:ymapplause: cool videos! I would love to see some that might have been taken back when the lake first started filling up after the dam was built. I keep thinking of Deliverance but I'm sure it was much better than that!
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)

Return to “General Forum of Lake Cumberland”