Help out the millionaires

Any random thought and item for the Lake

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Pop-O
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: State Dock/Punkin Creek

Help out the millionaires

Post by Pop-O »

How's this gonna help anyone but the big boys?????????? A brand new 25 x 120 foot houseboat at a value of around a $ Million would pay 960 dollars tax. My 10 year old boat would pay 656 dollars. Yep, right that's FAIR??????? :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

A bill has been introduced in the Kentucky Legislature that would exempt documented vessels from State and County taxation and replace it with a fee of $8 per foot. We need your assistance to contact your legislators now to express your support. The fate of this bill rests with you. Our representatives can only understand the impact of the current taxing of documented boats if we tell them. Calls of support or opposition are the most important factor in getting legislation passed or defeated. I have been told that every contact is multiplied by 100 to gauge the public response.

When calling, please focus on the following items:
• Reference HB 373. Tax on documented Vessels
• The proposed tax is fair and treats all documented vessel owners the same regardless what county they are in.
• You are upset that some counties have chosen to collect School, library and other taxes on boats that belong to tourists and visitors while they do not, and in the case of schools, legally cannot utilize the services.

What can you do to make a difference?
• Call the Legislative Message Line 1-800 372-7181
• Contact Jeff Hoover’s office. (502) 564-5391 or e-mail [email protected]. Jeff Hoover is the Representative for Russell County and is the minority leader of the House.
• If you are a resident of another county in Kentucky, also contact your representative. This link will give you a list of all representatives and the county they represent. Click on the Representatives name for their contact information.

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/house/hsemembers.htm

This bill was drafted by Senator Chris Girdler from Somerset. Representative Will Coursey, agreed to introduce the bill in the House. The process is that it will be voted on in the House and then go to the Senate. Right now, we need to focus on the House. If passed, we will then ask you to contact the Senators. We are very appreciative of the leadership role that Mr. Girdler and Mr. Coursey have taken. If you would like to express your appreciation and support, their contact information is below:

Will Coursey
(502) 564-8100 Ext. 659
e-mail: Click this link http://www.lrc.ky.gov/Messages/H006.aspx

Chris Girdler
(502) 564-8100 Ext. 656
e-mail: Click this link http://www.lrc.ky.gov/Messages/S015.aspx

For a copy of the bill, follow this link: http://www.lrc.ky.gov/record/13RS/HB373/bill.doc

If you have any questions or need more information regarding this bill, please feel free to contact me.
Sincerely,

Bill Jasper
Lake Cumberland State Dock
(270)566-1894
[email protected]
I have taken the road least traveled................and now I am freakin LOST !
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Re: Help out the millionaires

Post by Lock5 »

I read that and was a little amazed, a 100' house boat pays $800' and I will still pay $250 in property tax on my pontoon to get a sticker. The only ones complaining are the ones that have not been paying all along.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Yep, it should be all or none.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Agree.....all or none! Even when we were non-residents, we paid our taxes year after year. Do I like taxes...NO! But until the LAW is changed, people need to pay up. Don't know why some people think they are so special! JMHO! X( X(
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
Mary Lou 2
Marina/Ramp: LFM

Post by Mary Lou 2 »

Lock5 wrote:I read that and was a little amazed, a 100' house boat pays $800' and I will still pay $250 in property tax on my pontoon to get a sticker. The only ones complaining are the ones that have not been paying all along.
+1
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

...and they are still trying. :-/
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.

Return to “General Forum of Lake Cumberland”