Banned from LC.com!!!???

Any random thought and item for the Lake

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Soak-up-the-Sun
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Banned from LC.com!!!???

Post by Soak-up-the-Sun »

Is there a problem over there-- or is it MY problem?? Can't do a darn thing, don't think I've been a beeatch lately, haven't been posting while drinking, lol.... :D
Happy camper and happy boater!!
weedbeater17
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Cabin that overlooks Lee's Ford

Re: Banned from LC.com!!!???

Post by weedbeater17 »

Works for me. Last time I got put outside the circle of trust. =)) =))
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

Soak-up-the-Sun wrote:Is there a problem over there-- or is it MY problem?? Can't do a darn thing, don't think I've been a beeatch lately, haven't been posting while drinking, lol.... :D

I rarely post anything unless I've been drinking, maybe that's the problem. ;)
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

I am able to get to http://lakecumberland.com/forum/today.php without a issue. Waterwings is on a Ipad for now so he might not be much use to you or I would tell you to send him a Private Message PM on here about it. If you are still having a problem letme know and I will U2U LCNN.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Sounds like LC.com got Soak's access fixed
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Sounds like LC.com got Soak's access fixed

Well you must have done something to fix this site, it has kept me signed in for 3 days. Usually it don't keep me signed in more than 10 minutes. :ymapplause:
Soak-up-the-Sun
Better Member

Thanks E, I was jonesin', lol.... O:-)
Soak-up-the-Sun
Better Member

Banned again. 8-|
My cell phone can't log in either. L-)
I can try hubby's kindle and u2u WW/Capt.Bob....stay tuned to see if I'm successful. I better write down all the info I need in case hubby erases my email again, lol....well, I sent a u2u to WW, I think. I hate typing on a kindle!
Soak-up-the-Sun
Better Member

HAHAHAHAHA!! Now hubby's kindle is banned. I hate friggin spammers, it's because of them having the same ip, and I don't think there is anything that can be done. =))
TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER
Marina/Ramp: Burnt Store Marina Florida

Post by TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER »

Lock5 wrote:
Soak-up-the-Sun wrote:Is there a problem over there-- or is it MY problem?? Can't do a darn thing, don't think I've been a beeatch lately, haven't been posting while drinking, lol.... :D

I rarely post anything unless I've been drinking, maybe that's the problem. ;)
=))
MY BABY WAS BOTTLE FED, IS YOURS???
Captain Bob
Better Member

Post by Captain Bob »

Soak-up-the-Sun wrote:HAHAHAHAHA!! Now hubby's kindle is banned. I hate friggin spammers, it's because of them having the same ip, and I don't think there is anything that can be done. =))
Soak,

WW did get your email and he shared it with me. If you still have that information that I sent to you, please contact me at your earliest convenience. If you don't have it, I've included my email below. I will work with you on this until we get it so you can have reliable access.

If anyone else is having problems accessing the LC.com forum, please contact WaterWings or me and I will do everything possible to help you through our Spammer "net".

I know this has been an aggravation but, as you mentioned, all it takes are thousands of spammers (from nearly three dozen countries to date) to make life miserable for a bunch of forum members (and Administrators).

(And, thanks to the Admins on LakeCumberlandBoaters forum for allowing us to share this information here. You guys are great.)

[email protected]
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Anytime CB, we are all one big Lake family anyway.
TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER

E_HILLMAN wrote:Anytime CB, we are all one big Lake family anyway.

Yep, he and squak are like my red headed stepchildren. =))
Soak-up-the-Sun
Better Member

Thanks to E, WW and Capt.Bob, my access has been restored. I'm not quite at my wits end about this, but I'll make a bet that there are other banned forum members out there who wouldn't jump thru the hoops necessary to be un-banned. I wonder if a bunch of 'em have given up and don't ever visit the site anymore. There has to be a better way to dump the spammers without a blanket ban of all similar ip's. I'm pretty duh about this stuff so maybe there isn't any way to fix this, technologically speaking.
TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER

Soak-up-the-Sun wrote:Thanks to E, WW and Capt.Bob, my access has been restored.
So sorry to hear, and at this time of year. :ymdevil: =))
TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER

Well... I was bored tonight, while waiting for my daughter to get out of church, so I decided to check in at ole LC.com and I be danged I WAS BANNED... Hadn't posted since Jan. 17th and haven't been bad in months, except for bugging ole squawacky.

Guess it's the ip addy of the phone because I logged in just for the heck of it here .if I get around to it someday I may notify them, but like ___ has said, it's going down hill at a high rate of speed.
Soak-up-the-Sun
Better Member

Spammers are hacking into LC.com's system on a regular basis. Although it happens to at least one of my devices kinda regularly, all I've had to do is email Capt.Bob or go thru WW, and all is restored. Just so happens most of the spammers are bouncing off the same towers I am at just the right/bad time and shizz happens. If I wanna read or post, I let someone know, simple as that.
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Post by Nervous Wreck »

OK WW, I just tried to log on to LC.Com and it didn't recognized my ID and password! X( (tried 3 times)
What's up wit dat!! Never happened before?
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Hey nervous if he doesn't see you here try waterwings007
@yahoo.com
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Post by Nervous Wreck »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Hey nervous if he doesn't see you here try waterwings007
@yahoo.com
Thanks 'E'!

Thought I had his e-mail address when dealing with the T shirts and Flag.
Soak-up-the-Sun
Better Member

I'm having to get reinstated on a regular basis now. I'm banned, again, and wish they could recognize and isolate specific ip's that are the "good" ones and keep them from being zapped out of the system. I guess today's lc.com technology hasn't developed that far yet. I am by far the most banned member that they've ever encountered, that they know of.... :-w
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

They should be able to put certain IPs on a nonbannable list but might not have done that yet as it adds yet another step. I love our Q&A security as it stopped all of our spammers and then what it does not get I will catch on their first posts before anyone else can even see them. ;)
Jaybird
Better Member

Post by Jaybird »

I had a glitch here just now for maybe an hour.

This webpage is not available
The connection to www.lakecumberlandboaters.com was interrupted.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
Check your Internet connection. Restart any router, modem, or other network devices you may be using.
Add Google Chrome as a permitted program in your firewall's or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted program, try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server, adjust your proxy settings: Go to the Chrome menu > Settings > Show advanced settings... > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect the "Use a proxy server for your LAN" checkbox.
Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): The connection was reset.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Sorry, I didn't put a notice here when we came back up. It appears our hosting company had a server issue and they were down for a bit.
Jaybird
Better Member

Post by Jaybird »

How do you work, make a living, have a family and still maintain this place??? :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
crwky

Post by crwky »

He has a lot of help. =)) You would not believe how much $pare does in the back room to keep things going =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

crwky wrote:He has a lot of help. =)) You would not believe how much $pare does in the back room to keep things going =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Yeah, riiiiiiight! #:-s :-s
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

ROFLMAO! Jaybird, we have a pretty good hosting service that takes care of the servers for me and thus far the PHPBB forum software has been pretty stable, I have enacted really good spammer control measures. Thus all we have to do is pay the bills and have fun.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

PLUS! We only have good members who don't cause problems thus no moderating is needed. My only daily chore is to give RE3 grief. lol Its a tough job but someone has to do it.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Wait for it, wait for it......

FUE!! :ymtongue: :ymtongue: [/size]
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
crwky

Post by crwky »

E makes it sound easy that's why we let him do the talking. Heck today he was posting in a thread most could not even open.
bajababe342
Marina/Ramp: Sunset Marina

Post by bajababe342 »

Hi all,
Haven't been on the forum for a bit but i just tried to and I'm banned from the "other" site. Something going on over there?
Thanks for any help
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

PM waterwings and kdfwr911 and see if they can help ya. :)
kdfwr911
Better Member

Post by kdfwr911 »

I'm sure you haven't been banned intentionally Bajababe342. Sometimes a legit members IP gets inadvertently banned in the process of banning spammers IP's. Don't fully understand it all myself as I don't have those controls and don't have to deal with that part of it. But we do get a large number of spammers joining each week, and the mods who deal with all that do a remarkable job of booting most of them and banning their IP's before they even get a chance to make the first post. Sometimes innocent bystanders like yourself accidently get caught in the crossfire though. I'll send a PM on LC.com to get you unblocked. Sorry for the inconvience.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Thanks 911, I just sent you her IP address list in case it helps them. :)
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

E_HILLMAN wrote:PLUS! We only have good members who don't cause problems thus no moderating is needed. My only daily chore is to give RE3 grief. lol Its a tough job but someone has to do it.
Its not as much the members as it is the moderating done here....two thumbs up to ya....
Captain Bob
Better Member

Post by Captain Bob »

bajababe342 wrote:Hi all,
Haven't been on the forum for a bit but i just tried to and I'm banned from the "other" site. Something going on over there?
Thanks for any help
Please check your messages on this forum..;)

Return to “General Forum of Lake Cumberland”