Accuweather forecast looks more promising for Poker Run

Any random thought and item for the Lake

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Accuweather forecast looks more promising for Poker Run

Post by E_ »

Many other forecasts say rain/storms all day but when I pulled accuweather for Monticello it appears to be less rain and more cloudy...

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/montic ... 3301?day=4
Accuweather Poker Run Forecast as of 9-5-2012 915am.JPG
Accuweather Poker Run Forecast as of 9-5-2012 915am.JPG (88.4 KiB) Viewed 7367 times
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Re: Accuweather forecast looks more promising for Poker Run

Post by Lock5 »

She is so gonna kick your A S S.............
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

lol, saw that huh?
MissSwitzerland
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Knight's Landing

Post by MissSwitzerland »

Ummm, yeah, I forsee a different forecast in E's future!!!!!!!! #-o
When the Queen is Happy there is Peace in the Kingdom!
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Lock5 wrote:She is so gonna kick your A S S.............
Oh, I'm so far beyond A$$ kickin'! :ymtongue: X( :ymtongue:
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Oh look who finally rolled out of bed today. :P Must have slept in to be ready for a big bridge tournament tonight. :D
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Nope! Washed the car then put the well boat back in the water. Went home via MA's place and that's all I gotta say about that! :D ;;) :-* :ymdevil: ENJOY!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Well boat? It is already fixed? Man! That is GREAT! Guess you are going to be out Saturday? lol :P

This will be my first year since my first poker run year that I did not do my routine of putting in a Conley, having breakfast there, then heading out somewhere between Fall Creek's house and Shinbone to watch the first wave come through and go back and then head to Camp Earl Wallace for round two and then go to State.

Heck this year my possee is not even lined up. JPatton's arse is in Chicago and Lexcomman may miss because of a sick father in law. Might just be me and my bro.
Soak-up-the-Sun
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by Soak-up-the-Sun »

The rain we are getting down here right now is gonna be it. No more. It will be a foggy morning Poker Run Saturday, like it is alot of the time, and the clouds will break by noon. It will then be a partly sunny afternoon with an isolated giant raincloud. It will be that as I say, and it will also be cool and pleasant in the evenings, no need for a.c. to sleep soundly, a slight breeze moving the curtains, lol....it's raining now, I'm stuck in the camper, I'm bored, lol.... :| /:) (-| :D
Happy camper and happy boater!!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Ok, well watch out for the bears tonight. :P when waterwings posted that last post about bears I thought. Poor Soak, WW is gonna give her a complex. lol
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Well boat? It is already fixed? Man! That is GREAT! Guess you are going to be out Saturday? lol :P
Yep! Fixed and didn't cost a dime. Sometimes it pays to be a skeery person! LMAO! :D ;;) :-*

Yeah, we'll be out Sat.....outta state! Figure all the Buckeyes will be here so we're headed there!
Soak-up-the-Sun
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by Soak-up-the-Sun »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Ok, well watch out for the bears tonight. :P when waterwings posted that last post about bears I thought. Poor Soak, WW is gonna give her a complex. lol
I quit worrying about the bears cuz my daughter hasn't been either. It's her in the tent, not me, lol....Full Moon is a camper neighbor who has me convinced the top of Grider Hill is not bear friendly. Too many very steep hills to climb for a few morsels and maybe a little more that some idiot transient camper unknowingly or uncaringly left behind. This past wknd the grandbabies slept in the tent with their daddy and he's fearless when he's properly protected. I can't dwell on the bear thing, if nobody else is really worried, and it's rare that someone doesn't check behind and clean up after campers leave, then I guess I'm good right now..... :-? :ymsigh:
Happy camper and happy boater!!
E_
Site Admin

Re: Accuweather forecast not so promising for Poker Run

Post by E_ »

Well crap guys, I saw Squaks post on LC.com and just compared it to accuweather and right now at the moment it sure does look like it is rain all the way up to the afternoon hours. :(
Click below and go to Saturday's hourly forecast for more details. :(
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/montic ... 3301?day=3
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Like Lock and i said on LC.com this morning the forecast changed again overnight . Accuweather seems to be fine tuning their forecast as well and it looks like the rain MIGHT be through in time for the run.
Looking better.JPG
Looking better.JPG (74.02 KiB) Viewed 7265 times

Return to “General Forum of Lake Cumberland”