Big Raft Up Weekend

Any random thought and item for the Lake

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

bubbles
Better Member

Big Raft Up Weekend

Post by bubbles »

doesn't anyone here wanna talk RAFT UP???? i'm way too excited! been planning food and drinks for 2 weeks! well, the drinks are preplanned all the time, but the food....is different all the time! gonna make some of my homemade chicken salad at the request of DA and NA and marinated cucumbers (also at their request)and chillin's! and for evening gonna fix up some bacon wrapped water chestnuts...yummy! of course my drink of choice is pure water with lemon juice! :D ;)
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Lake Cumberland Raftup 2012

Post by E_ »

I think we should kidnap the Shankmeister and bring him down.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
bubbles
Better Member

Re: Big Raft Up Weekend

Post by bubbles »

what's a shankmeister? :-?
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

lol, if you watch the vid you might nearly find yourself figuring out who it is... lol
Islander_212
Marina/Ramp: State Dock / Caney Fork

Post by Islander_212 »

That would be one who is nearly satisfied... Dang Bubbles, are you on the sauce already?
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Grrrr, earlier this week it was 0% then yesterday 10% now when I looked well see below
8daylivestream_full.jpg
8daylivestream_full.jpg (42.34 KiB) Viewed 32630 times

Someone please tell me that is just going to MAYBE be in Central KY and South Central is going to stay dry for Sat/Sun. [-(

Below is the current forecast (you may need to hit refresh to have the latest copy
bubbles
Better Member

Post by bubbles »

i'll just flat out tell ya....IT AINT GONNA RAIN THIS WEEKEND! there...you heard it straight from me! =)) 8-} :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :o)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Well thank gawd! lol
MissSwitzerland
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Knight's Landing

Post by MissSwitzerland »

That just means it's a 70% chance it WON'T rain!! Gotta think positive E!!!!!!! :D
When the Queen is Happy there is Peace in the Kingdom!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Yes mother. lol
MissSwitzerland
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Knight's Landing

Post by MissSwitzerland »

;)
When the Queen is Happy there is Peace in the Kingdom!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Watched the morning weather broadcast and they are now showing a 20% chance and when they run the models on the screen I see no rain from late Friday morning on forward through the weekend. :)
Islander_212
Marina/Ramp: State Dock / Caney Fork

Post by Islander_212 »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Watched the morning weather broadcast and they are now showing a 20% chance and when they run the models on the screen I see no rain from late Friday morning on forward through the weekend. :)
Jamestown is showing a high of 79º, sunny and 0% chance of rain for Saturday. Darn near perfect! This is from the Weather Channel.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Wow, headed down to Corbin for work right now and the Ohio Navy is out in full force. I'm guessing it has to be because of raftup
watt money
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Conley Bottom

Post by watt money »

Look out yall we's a heddin south.
watt money
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Conley Bottom

Post by watt money »

You gonna be there E and if so you got Shore Nuff on the back yet. My cruiser is named Are You Sure
(by previous owner). I'll be looking for ya. Leaving in few minutes.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

No name yet, but I just miiight be there. lol
crwky

Post by crwky »

E_HILLMAN wrote:No name yet, but I just miiight be there. lol
Easy Fix
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I asked you about it a while back but all you wanted to do was wrap it. lol

The color I guess should be Sunbrella Jockey Red

But the real question is (how much is the damage going to be to my wallet?) lol :P

Whoever I get to do it I also need to get them to do my License numbers as well.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

crwky wrote:
E_HILLMAN wrote:No name yet, but I just miiight be there. lol
Easy Fix

PS, I'm guessing you will be ready at 5:30am to hand it off to me as I drive by tomorrow? lol :p

We might let you come with us. :-?

...if you can handle being on a BAYLINER> lol
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

From my cell phone
Attachments
IMG_20120811_093717 (Medium).jpg
IMG_20120811_093717 (Medium).jpg (79.9 KiB) Viewed 32464 times
Sunset Lady

Post by Sunset Lady »

Beautiful day to be at the lake. Nice picture!
MarineAssist
Better Member

Post by MarineAssist »

Well, looks like I have to order E a new stripper pole.... er, uh grab rail....no wait....uh stern light for his boat! That's what it was a stern light. You never know what someone else may think it is as they climb across your new big swim platform. LOL :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

LOVED the new space on the swim platorm (thanks Don!) Did not love losing my stern light to a drunken idiot. #-o X(

I started out anchored just down from the stage but ended up a little farther by the time people got done squeezing in. Was very glad I listened to everyone and bought the 8" fenders for my boat.

Got to see a lot of our fellow forum friends like JabezBoy, Fall Creek, A4TN, LC ADDICT etc. including the one that pointed me to my boat online. (thanks air0msw) The main part of the rafup went fine (HOWEVER) Getting up as early as I did (4am) to get down there and get there at that time was a BAD choice as I got VERY tired by noon #-o :ymsigh: and then I slept through most of the rafup. i-) L-) I then woke up to the sound of someone walking on top of the cabin of my boat and also to my brother who apparently had been quite ineebriated and was supposedly found and placed on my boat by that same fellow forum member. When I woke up he was in the cabin and was laying across one of the dinging room benches NUDE. :-o [-X (sure hope he was not like that outside) lol I went outside of the cabin and there was one of my floats with the mesh torn out from the middle and the float was busted. Not sure what happened there. Also the guy on the other side of me had set a back anchor and hooked it to my boat to hold us in place, his line was just left laying on the swim platform by someone and luckily I found it before it fell off and he lost his anchor and line. Anyway I would have been wise to have left then but I didn't so I picked up Bubbles and gave her a ride over to another tie up and found myself on a very "interesting" party tie up of Grider Hellions of which I decided to leave after some of the other forum members left as well but I did not get away soon enough , some guy walked across my boat as Marine Assist stated above and used my anchor light pole as a grab handle bending it/making the light go out + then before I could get to him he tried to screw it down and busted the entire socket out thus I need a new light socket and a new pole.
*Busted Tube/float
*Anchor pole
*Anchor socket
*Slept through afternoon
*No cell phones from about noon through rest of day next morning aside for a brief charge

Then right after that, some guy tied to us tried to leave while tied to our boat (at this point I was losing my cool and since I had not had booze for about 6 hours or more at that point there was nothing to calm me)after some stern exchances to leave their boat out of gear and not move until untied. Finally got untied from him and at that point I took Bubbles back to her boat and I left. There was no moon light just the stars which made for a slow pace back BUT A BEAUTIFUL view of the meteor showers, about at Camp Early Wallace I got pulled :-ss over because the backup battery operated anchor light was not high enough to be seen. Luckily they saw it and let me go on my way after telling them what happened to the other one. I had not had a drink for about 12 hours at that point even though I sure could have used one and now have confirmation that was a good choice.

From there I went on to the State/JRM harbor- around behind JRM up Greasy Creek and found a nice calm place to anchor away from other people and slept till this morning. Had a nice peaceful morning and didn't see any boats till we rounded back around to JRM. Back home now it was a neat experience but somehow I think I'll have MUCH more fun when I come down soon with my wife and daughter. Guess I've become a old man early on in life. :-??
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Forgot to mention the neat remote control boat and plane show. That was pretty cool.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

And people wonder why we want no part of this! I can get drunk on land (if I chose to do so), pee in a toilet (so I don't have to get in the lake toilet), and not have to worry about our equipment gettin' trashed. I guess I'm too much of a control freak to get in that position. :-o To me, that ain't boating. #:-s I love the ole fashioned, ole fart kinda boatin' GWW and I do! :)
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Apparently I'm getting more and more like RE3. lol [-( [-( [-( God Help me. =))
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Iffin' yer gittin' more like me, He has! :D ;;)
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
crwky

Post by crwky »

Yep nice weekend in the fishing creek - river area. Started to make a drive by but with young kids we just stayed in our own little area and had a great weekend.
Fall Creek
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Fall Creek rmap

Post by Fall Creek »

Wow, that really sucks E, I wondered what happened to you in the afternoon. I just figured that you were out in the crazy's infont of the stage. As for your brother, all I can say is that he was not nude when I left him. He was quite intoxicated and got upset with me when I suggested he put a life jacket on demanding that he wasn't drunk just having a great time!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Yep, the life jacket thing is a definite struggle with him. He must have been pretty boozed up as he slept another 4 or 5 hours after I woke up. lol Some of that was from being up so early but the rest had to be "tanked". lol

LOL, on the slow cruise back to Greasy Creek he told me and JP the same 4 stories in a continous loop.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Here are RaptorLvr's pics

Plus one from fall creek.
Attachments
P1000348.JPG
P1000348.JPG (156.5 KiB) Viewed 32415 times
P1000365.JPG
P1000365.JPG (174 KiB) Viewed 32415 times
P1000382.JPG
P1000382.JPG (165.5 KiB) Viewed 32415 times
P1000388.JPG
P1000388.JPG (156.5 KiB) Viewed 32415 times
P1000391.JPG
P1000391.JPG (164 KiB) Viewed 32415 times
P1000399.JPG
P1000399.JPG (160 KiB) Viewed 32415 times
P1000404.JPG
P1000404.JPG (161 KiB) Viewed 32415 times
P1000408.JPG
P1000408.JPG (165.5 KiB) Viewed 32415 times
P1000413.JPG
P1000413.JPG (106.81 KiB) Viewed 32415 times
P1000418.JPG
P1000418.JPG (162.5 KiB) Viewed 32415 times
P1000420.JPG
P1000420.JPG (167 KiB) Viewed 32415 times
P1000436.JPG
P1000436.JPG (171.5 KiB) Viewed 32415 times
P1000447.JPG
P1000447.JPG (157.5 KiB) Viewed 32415 times
P1000448.JPG
P1000448.JPG (173.5 KiB) Viewed 32415 times
P1000450.JPG
P1000450.JPG (161.5 KiB) Viewed 32415 times
P1000451.JPG
P1000451.JPG (160 KiB) Viewed 32415 times
P1000455.JPG
P1000455.JPG (164 KiB) Viewed 32415 times
P1000459.JPG
P1000459.JPG (123.8 KiB) Viewed 32415 times
P1000460.JPG
P1000460.JPG (168 KiB) Viewed 32415 times
P1000466.JPG
P1000466.JPG (165 KiB) Viewed 32415 times
P1000477.JPG
P1000477.JPG (169.5 KiB) Viewed 32415 times
Pic of E coming into raftup area and dropped his fender
Pic of E coming into raftup area and dropped his fender
2012-08-119508-18-3095389.jpg (11.71 KiB) Viewed 32415 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Ahhh Here is one of Raptorlvrs pics with E. LOL Hey Nearly there is that darn generator. :P
226278_3974573575068_1373600534_n.jpg
226278_3974573575068_1373600534_n.jpg (89.8 KiB) Viewed 32404 times
bubbles
Better Member

Post by bubbles »

sorry about your boat E! it wasn't me, just in case anyone was wondering...LOL! it was pretty funny they weren't even going to let E pull up and tie up at first! ;) (that's a whole different story in itself!) but aside from all E's bad stuff, i had a wonderful weekend. also just wondering if anyone got pics of me and christine and reilly all tied together in our rafts and flippers and monkeys and coolers?
Fall Creek
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Fall Creek rmap

Post by Fall Creek »

haha, pic of E and Fall Creek. I am in the water right behind E's boat. Is that a bald spot I see on the back of my head. Darn it!
Oh, I remember this point, I was covering the top of my bottle so the water patrol wouldn't see my aluminum bottle.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

This must have been right before my nap. lol
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

E_
Site Admin

Lake Cumberland Raftup 2013

Post by E_ »

E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

For my fellow LakeCumberland.com Forum junkies that are attending the Raftup but might be above the Ohio River and can't receive local news casts.

Coming up at 5PM
WLEX 18 streams their news cast at: http://www.lex18.com/pages/lex18-live-stream
They don't have the most powerful radar in our state but it reaches the lake area and appears to me to be the most accurate. Their future cast also seems to be the most accurate (to me) to possibly help give you an idea of what to expect tomorrow.
They also stream at 5:30PM, 6PM, 7PM and 11PM as well if you miss the 4PM slot or want to tune in again later to get a more dialed in forecast for tomorrow.

WKYT 27 also does a webcast stream at :http://www.wkyt.com/live_stream?site=full and I think they do all the same times except for the 7PM slot. They also do a 5PM slot (18 may as well but I can't remember for sure). However IMO their radar picks up rain all the time when it is NOT happening. Many many many many times I have been watching their radar and seen rain shown right over where I was at the moment and many of those times when I looked up the SUNSHINE blinded me. Theirs used to not be so bad but when they upgraded to more power it went downhill. (ALL OF THIS IS JUST MY OPINION ;) )

I also use this link http://lex18doppler.cordillera.tv/doppl ... xtrack.jpg from my phone to see a more accurate current radar. sometimes you need to refresh the page. I keep http://lakecumberlandboaters.com/forum/ ... 88&start=0 linked on my computer as well and it also has to be refreshed for the latest images but it is a quick link and takes less bandwidth to see what info I want especially if I access from my phone or Verizon wifi card on the lake.

Hope everyone stays dry tomorrow unless they are IN the water swimming. :) My launch plans tomorrow most likely will take me more towards the dam where I am hoping it will be quiet while you all party it up. lol

I have also found accuweather to be PRETTY accurate for the lake area even for LONG range forecasts.
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/montic ... her/333301 should get the raftup location pretty well. For now they look to be more like a 50/50 shot at rain http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/montic ... 01?hour=33 but at least they are not showing ANY snow! :cool::D:P The 2 and 3PM slots look like just cloudiness with temps in the mid 80s. :)

I know this morning at 6am the future cast for the lake when they rolled the timelapse future track on Lex18 it didn't look bad at all. I'll be tuned in at 6PM for sure to see what it looks like 12 hours later with more tuning.

Also here is a boating forecast link sent to us by Bill Meck from Lex18. :( not updated as often as one would like but still neat http://www.lex18.com/pages/lake-forecast/
..hopefully he updates it tonight for the Raftup?
Pop-O
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: State Dock/Punkin Creek

Post by Pop-O »

Total frog drownder dumping on SD area as I post. Plenty of lightning. :-ss
I have taken the road least traveled................and now I am freakin LOST !
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Getting a little rain and wind. Luckily just a couple bits of lightning which stopped but rain still heavy.
Attachments
maxtrack.jpg
maxtrack.jpg (91.38 KiB) Viewed 31402 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Attachments
IMG_20130811_082506-1.jpg
IMG_20130811_082506-1.jpg (50.02 KiB) Viewed 31394 times
IMG_20130810_131058 (Custom).jpg
IMG_20130810_131058 (Custom).jpg (47.23 KiB) Viewed 31272 times
IMG_20130810_172158 (Custom).jpg
IMG_20130810_172158 (Custom).jpg (44.3 KiB) Viewed 31272 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Small Crowd at Raftup about 13:10PM ET
Small Crowd at Raftup about 13:10PM ET
IMG_20130810_131058b.JPG (60.21 KiB) Viewed 31273 times
Some vids that were on my phone that I meant to post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6wKSLIW ... detailpage
The horrible jetpack guys. lol Seriously does it appear they were doing any harm to anyone other than themselves here? I think not but I did not see them at the raftup. I certainly don't think they should be banned from no wake zones.
At JRM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoFbYh0V ... detailpage

At Conley a Different one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vYK0AUp ... e=youtu.be

...sorry I thought I had awesome vid of the one at conley and then looked down to see I did not properly hit the record button.

Ok,
After all that here are some peaceful sounds of this waterfall from 4:25 AM the night of the raftup.
IMG_20130811_082506-1b.JPG
IMG_20130811_082506-1b.JPG (40.77 KiB) Viewed 31273 times
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u52HC_NC ... e=youtu.be

Alright, thats enough time to head home. ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkMw8asQ ... detailpage
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Reading the replies through this thread, I miss our old forum style banter.
Sunset Lady

Post by Sunset Lady »

I agree. I can remember spending lots of time reading all the threads, it was fun reading.

Return to “General Forum of Lake Cumberland”