Weekend forecast thoughts

Any random thought and item for the Lake

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Weekend forecast thoughts

Post by E_ »

Welllll, what do you all think? I did pretty good the last weekend down that we had a rainy forecast but the chances were lower for Sunday and I was staying for Monday as well. This time around both Saturday and Sunday have chances with a really good chance on Sunday. Hate to take everyone down for another rainy weekend as one was nice and fine but two in a row might suck. Suuure wish I would have made it last weekend. #-o
8daylivestream_full.jpg
8daylivestream_full.jpg (171.27 KiB) Viewed 6589 times
Accuweather is calling for over an inch of rain. That is a lot for a few days...
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/jamest ... her/333359
ARgh.JPG
ARgh.JPG (75.1 KiB) Viewed 6589 times
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Re: Weekend forecast thoughts

Post by Lock5 »

If you had went last weekend, you would have seen ME, and Macie and Avery could have went swimming together. =;
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Yeah yeah yeah, rub it in. I wanted to go but SOMEONE else was toooooo tired.
Soak-up-the-Sun
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by Soak-up-the-Sun »

I've been lucky enough to hit the lake last wknd, this one coming up and even a 4 day weekend next FSSM! If there ever was a good weekend to take in a great classic rock act, rain or shine on a COVERED party deck overlooking Grider Hill, this is the one y'all. I really enjoyed Midnight Special last year and so glad they're back. I think this booking was last minute and the word hasn't gotten out like it did last year, just hoping for a good turnout even if it does rain and maybe say hello to other forum members! I'll be the one in the crowd doing the most singing along, hopefully that doesn't discourage anyone from joining me as the other "backup singers" this Saturday night, lol.... :p :ymparty:
Happy camper and happy boater!!
Sunset Lady

Post by Sunset Lady »

Things are looking a little unstable with the cold front moving in, looks like a good chance of a storm all weekend. I think I will stay home this weekend.

http://www.kentuckyweathercenter.com/
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Me too. :( Still holding out for the 11PM forecast. lol
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

My live doppler super viper weather window is telling me it's going to rain in Lexington at 3:17pm :p
watt money
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Conley Bottom

Post by watt money »

My wife tells me that since we bought our cruiser that I don't pat attention to the weatherman anymore but that's mainly because of being in a covered slip.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I agree that helps as we had one at State Dock the last trip down but I also like to get out there and drop anchor and stay away from the dock. This weekend I don't know how comfortable I would be with doing that with a lil one with me.
DMS

Post by DMS »

hold on tight right now
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Yeah just was looking at the radar and it suuuure looked like some strong rain or something over the west end.
bubbles
Better Member

Post by bubbles »

well, i hate that it's raining on everyone else, but glad that since it is my day to work...i aint missing anything...if that makes sense?! :D :ymdevil: hopefully next wknd is awesome for the raft up! :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:
watt money
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Conley Bottom

Post by watt money »

E_HILLMAN wrote:I agree that helps as we had one at State Dock the last trip down but I also like to get out there and drop anchor and stay away from the dock. This weekend I don't know how comfortable I would be with doing that with a lil one with me.
Yea I'd much rather be in a cove than in the slip but it's nice to have the option to stay in if it looks like big storms are brewing.

Return to “General Forum of Lake Cumberland”