Route 127 Garage Sale

Any random thought and item for the Lake

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

MPII

Route 127 Garage Sale

Post by MPII »

Hello - There was already a post on LC.COM but no one has responded to me. I was thinking about coming down this weekend from CBUS, OH. I stay at State Resort Park. I've heard horror stories about traveling on 127 during this sale. The way we come down we jump on 127 out of Russell Springs and take that all the way to State Park.

I think its about 15-20 miles.

Is it really that bad and how long do you think it would take me if I came down tomorrow morning versus tomorrow night or Friday Morning?
Character is not what you do or say when everyone is watching you, its what you do and say when no one else is around.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Route 127 Garage Sale

Post by E_ »

I would say if you came through there anytime in the dark hours you would do well. Other than that Islander, LC, Raptorlvr, etc. would have to fill you in as I have only done it once and it was suprisingly not too bad on the Friday afternoon I came through that year.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER
Marina/Ramp: Burnt Store Marina Florida

Post by TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER »

MPII wrote: The way we come down we jump on 127 out of Russell Springs and take that all the way to State Park.

I think its about 15-20 miles.

Is it really that bad and how long do you think it would take me if I came down tomorrow morning versus tomorrow night or Friday Morning?
If that's as far as you will travel on 127, you spent more time typing this out than the delays you will face. If you have the drive some of us have you'd see why we don't go, but 15 miles is a cake walk. :D
MY BABY WAS BOTTLE FED, IS YOURS???
Pop-O
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: State Dock/Punkin Creek

Post by Pop-O »

Drove down on Thursday, just before noon. Might have added 15 min to my 100 mile trip. Only one moron encountered. Motor home pulling a trailer does a U - turn a bit in front of us. I keep an extra safe distance between myself and the car ahead and stay on high alert. Won't let no stinking yard sale keep me from the lake. My thoughts on it is they should enforce the law about not parking on the road-shoulder would make it much safer. :ymhug: :ymhug:
I have taken the road least traveled................and now I am freakin LOST !

Return to “General Forum of Lake Cumberland”