Thank you Marine Assist and Unlimited Marine

Any random thought and item for the Lake

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Islander_212
Marina/Ramp: State Dock / Caney Fork

Thank you Marine Assist and Unlimited Marine

Post by Islander_212 »

From another satisfied customer of both. Sea water impeller went out upon leaving Shelton's Branch (Boy's Camp) at the Crownline Rally Friday afternoon. I know it is a maintenance item and I was trying to get a third summer out of it (I will be changing them out annually from now on). Called Don and his Captain (I am embarrassed that I did not get his name) along with his wife / GF? was there in about 30 minutes got me snagged and I sat back and enjoyed the approximately 90 minute tow back. I even got harassed by LP Boater as we passed him up in the HB limping in on one engine (Vapor Lock).

Then for some odd reason I thought I would give Unlimited a call on just the chance they could get me back in the water the next morning. They said sure, what time could I get it there and I said when you open in the morning. Well MA puts me right back in the slip next the HB and in the morning we pull it out and I pull in to Unlimited and they are pulling a trailer out of my way when we get there and I back in, go get breakfast, get my buddy Bent a splint for his thumb (a long story) look at some boats at Unlimited and in about 90 minutes I am out and back on the water where we missed no boating.

How can you beat that for service from both of them? You can't. Don's Captain reminded me that my service expires in a few days and the wife hands him a check so fast he not nto know what hit him! Thanks to both businesses that help make Lake Cumberland the best lake in the world. All of the Crownline folks, some traveled from as far away as Florida and Nebraska were most impressed by the service and the lake and were constantly reminding us of how luck we are. I did get a lot of one finger salutes when I told them that I lived less than one hour away!
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Thank you Marine Assist and Unlimited Marine

Post by E_ »

the great service from them goes without saying anymore than what you did above.

As for your impeller I would guess this would be BECAUSE you boated more last year into this year than many of us get to boat in 4 or 5 years. LOL :P So suck it up! :p :p :p :p =;
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Islander_212
Marina/Ramp: State Dock / Caney Fork

Post by Islander_212 »

E_HILLMAN wrote:the great service from them goes without saying anymore than what you did above.

As for your impeller I would guess this would be BECAUSE you boated more last year into this year than many of us get to boat in 4 or 5 years. LOL :P So suck it up! :p :p :p :p =;
That is what the pump did... it sucked it up! I did put 75 hours on the boat each of the last two years. When we were at GR I only put 50 hours per year. There is nothing either of them could have done to make it any better.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Quit botherin' MA so he can git muh trailer done! What is WRONG wif you people! :D ;;) :-*
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Sheesh RE3, we all know Marine Assist doesn't do anything himself anymore unless it is just driving a truck around and picking up lunch for the dock workers. lol
DMS

Post by DMS »

Great results from great people!
MarineAssist
Better Member

Post by MarineAssist »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Sheesh RE3, we all know Marine Assist doesn't do anything himself anymore unless it is just driving a truck around and picking up lunch for the dock workers. lol

Be careful now. I CAN show YOU what "nothing" REALLY looks like! LOL :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

lol, I've already seen it. With those overheated boys out in the garage working themselves to death while you sleep in the recliner.

...ok ok maybe I exaggerated just a bit. lol You got Re3's trailer done yet? Mines next! :P
DMS

Post by DMS »

MarineAssist wrote:
E_HILLMAN wrote:Sheesh RE3, we all know Marine Assist doesn't do anything himself anymore unless it is just driving a truck around and picking up lunch for the dock workers. lol

Be careful now. I CAN show YOU what "nothing" REALLY looks like! LOL :D
Hes hauled more treated lumber lately than the dock has replaced :D .
MarineAssist
Better Member

Post by MarineAssist »

Somebody is watching me WAY too closely.

I built a slip divider yesterday too and we are taking a big Poly Lift to Lees Ford tomorrow for installation on K dock.

Crew is working out at Island Road dock, re-decking, painting and and replcing dock hardware. Installed and moved 4 hydrohoists since Thursday.

Put all new floatation under the Pleasant Hill main walkway.

Had all three Cumberland towboats out working all weekend. Getting ready to launch my new to me 30' twin inboard towboat this week, to be used for pulls off the bank and salvage work.

Just been all over!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

sounds like a good problem to have. (well except for your stalker issue above. LMAO)
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Post by Nervous Wreck »

MarineAssist wrote: Getting ready to launch my new to me 30' twin inboard towboat this week, to be used for pulls off the bank and salvage work.
Be sure to post a pic of that 'Bad Boy'!

BTW, good work Don. ;)

Return to “General Forum of Lake Cumberland”