Fire at State Dock?

Any random thought and item for the Lake

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

crwky

Fire at State Dock?

Post by crwky »

I heard they had a fire and had to move some boats to do some work on the dock. I'm not sure if it was a boat fire or a dock fire. Either way I'm sure it could have been much worse. I think whatever happened took place a few days ago I just have not seen anything about it so thought I would ask.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Fire at State Dock?

Post by E_ »

I asked someone and got a reply of "Yes"
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
crwky

Post by crwky »

Whatever it was it's been kept quite.
WaterWings
Better Member

Post by WaterWings »

That is kind of amazing crwky! Not one word from anybody.

Either it was so small and minor it was not worth mentioning or swept under the rug.
I think we would have heard something if it did any serious damage to anything. Probably nothing.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Even iffin I knew all about it, I wouldn't dare say nuthin'! :D ;;) =)) =)) =))
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
Pop-O
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: State Dock/Punkin Creek

Post by Pop-O »

Maybe "Dick" J had a premature couch burning! :D :D
I have taken the road least traveled................and now I am freakin LOST !
MarineAssist
Better Member

Post by MarineAssist »

According to Bill, there was a pair of shore power cords plugged into an outlet leading to a boat. The power cord has spent a lot of time in the water and failed, shooting sparks under the dock. That set the dock floatation on fire. There was damage to a section of dock and an enclosure on one of the houseboats. Not sure if it was the one with the cords or another one.

The security guard found it happening on his rounds and basically saved the day, before it got any more out of hand. It was bad enough, but it could have been much much worse, as with any marina fire.

This is another situation regarding fire at a marina where training and alert personnel have really paid off in a big way.

This is also a reminder to check your shore power cords for nicks in the insulation, black on the ends or greenish corrosion showing anywhere. Remind your neighbor too, especially if their cords are left to dangle in the water. It affects a lot more than one boater.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Thanks Marine Assist! Glad to have you here and sounds like State Dock did a WONDERFUL job. A real testament to their staff and the owners.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
djcardinal
Contributor

Post by djcardinal »

^^What Don said. Exactly what happened.

Return to “General Forum of Lake Cumberland”