2012 Spring Forum Party |State Dock May 11-13|

Any random thought and item for the Lake

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

MPII

2012 Spring Forum Party |State Dock May 11-13|

Post by MPII »

Is it generally warm enough to swim at the spring party in May? We've never been to a forum party and would like to join one and I am thinking the spring party would be a good one. Thoughts? We usually camp at State Park which means we'd be right there for the party.
Character is not what you do or say when everyone is watching you, its what you do and say when no one else is around.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Spring Forum Party

Post by E_ »

Hmmm, it all depends on the year and the person. I don't like to swim in anything under 80 degrees if I can help it. But Islander would swim in ice I almost think.

Somes years I have seen it in the mid 60s and some years I have seen it mid 70s. Either way maybe some antifreeze would help you along. lol

Guess we need to create some Facebook pages for the Spring Forum Party and for the Boat Shows as well as some Boat show threads. Normally we see a pretty good sized group in Louisville. Don't camp! Get a boatel on the cheap!
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
MPII

Re: Spring Forum Party

Post by MPII »

The Columbus Boat Show is coming up this weekend. Was going to check to see if there are any local CBUS people interested in going.
Character is not what you do or say when everyone is watching you, its what you do and say when no one else is around.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: 2012 Spring Forum Party

Post by E_ »

Spring Forum Party Event on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/events/158581827577656/
E_
Site Admin

Re: 2012 Spring Forum Party |State Dock May 11-13|

Post by E_ »

Ugly Early is confirmed.

Friday, May 11, 2012 at 4:00pm until Sunday, May 13, 2012 at 10:00pm.
Description

The 2012 Forum party at State Dock is scheduled for the weekend of May 11, 12 & 13th.

As usual there will be a corn hole tournament and pot luck on Saturday afternoon.

Great chance to kick off the boating season, meet some of your fellow Cyber friends, and make new ones as well.
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: JRM

Post by LC addict »

i have been checking the state dock site but cant find a 2012 calender posted, I wanted to check out other events..... did I miss the calender? or is it not posted yet?
My greatest accomplishments call me Mom!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Here http://lakecumberland.com/forum/viewthr ... #pid387742 Raptorlvr states it should be out in a week or so (guess or so is the answer) bet they have one at the boat show ;)
Originally posted by raptorlvr at LakeCumberland.com
Originally posted by spinzone
Something like this:

2012 Calendar
• May 11th - 13th – Spring Forum Party @ State Dock
• Monday, May 28th Memorial Day
• June 22nd – 24th Thunder Run @ Grider
• Wednesday, July 4th Independence Day
• Saturday, August 11th Raft Up
• Monday, September 3rd Labor Day
• Monday, October 8th Columbus Day
• Friday, December 21st Mayan Calendar ends

Dates for September Poker Run, Fall Forum Party, and Lake Cleanup should also be added, but I can’t seem to get them narrowed down.
Let me help you out...
The September Poker Run is ALWAYS the Saturday after Labor Day weekend. So, the 2012 date is September 8th.

The Friends of Lake Cumberland Shore Line Clean Up is ALWAYS the Saturday following the Sept. Poker Run. So, the 2012 date is Sept. 15th.

As far as the Fall Forum Party...can't help you there. State Dock is hosting the Spring one and hoping another Marina hosts the fall one again.

The State Dock brochure will be available in a week or so and will have more summer events listed that can be transfered to the lc.com schedule.

Hope this helps!
Islander_212
Marina/Ramp: State Dock / Caney Fork

Post by Islander_212 »

I got my SD calendar today! Have not looked at it yet... Thanks to DJ for hooking us up with UE again!
raptorlvr
Marina/Ramp: Jamestown Marina

Post by raptorlvr »

The State Dock Brochure for 2012 does NOT have a calander in it but there is a list of events on page 18. BTW DJ helps with a lot of band bookings but you can thank Eric for posting initial info. and polls to see who we would have for entertainment. Ugly Early won and I have been in contact with them to confirm the forum party performance. Thanks DJ for everything else that you do...which is a lot. :)
Pop-O
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: State Dock/Punkin Creek

Post by Pop-O »

Got mine also. Got to see that my 2 slips have gone up total $275. Nice surprise! NOT

Hard to figure with empty slips showing up more and more. Then again maybe that's why! 8-}
I have taken the road least traveled................and now I am freakin LOST !
TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER
Marina/Ramp: Burnt Store Marina Florida

Post by TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER »

Pop-O wrote:Got mine also. Got to see that my 2 slips have gone up total $275. Nice surprise! NOT

Hard to figure with empty slips showing up more and more. Then again maybe that's why! 8-}
If you don't spend it, I WILL =))
MY BABY WAS BOTTLE FED, IS YOURS???
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Raptorlvr or someone, could you give everyone a run down on here as well as LC.com and Facebook about the boatel rates etc.? Or has that been determined?
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

From Raptorlvr - 2012 Forum Party Schedule
*Please note that all times are Central Time!*

Schedule of events
•Saturday Late afternoon – Cornhole Tournament: 4:00pm CT– Sign up sheet in the restaurant area from Noon until 3:00pm CT. If you sign up you must be present at the start of the event! Glenn aka WaterWings may also be helping out with this event.
•Saturday evening – Following the Cornhole Tournament. Pot Luck (Carry In) Dinner will be set up by the restaurant - everyone is asked to bring a favorite covered dish, salad, dessert or snack to share with the group. State Dock will provide some food yet to be determined.
•Saturday evening – “Ugly Early” will be performing ~8:00 p.m. CT (Cousin Ronnie may do a cameo appearance!)
•Sunday morning – The restaurant will be open for breakfast.

Boatel Rates for Forum Party 2012

Boatels will be available for those that want to spend the whole weekend or just stay Saturday evening.
Rates are as follows:

Admirals (Sleeps 10 - 4 bedrooms, 1 sleeper sofa) – 1 night for $200 and 2 nights for $300

400 series (Sleeps 12 - 5 bedrooms, 1 sleeper sofa) or 450 series (Sleeps 10 - 4 bedrooms. 1 sleeper sofa) – 1 night for $300 and 2 nights for $400

750 series (sleeps 16 - 6 bedrooms, 2 sleeper sofas) – 1 night for $400 and 2 nights for $500

For boatel reservations please call 270-343-2525 or 1-888-782-8336. We look forward to seeing everyone. Hope you can make it!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

TTT
Pop-O
Better Member

Post by Pop-O »

Scheduled on Mothers Day weekend??????Bad choice!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Well as usual I will only go on Saturday afternoon/evening and will be bright and shiny for Muthas Day. ;) I'm pretty sure State Dock used the same weekend of the month they always use. It just happened that this one fell on Mothers Day. Last year it was the weekend AFTER mother's day and next year if they have it again it would most likely be Mothers Day weekend again unless someone moves the date around a little. Most don't want it the weekend before Memorial Day (I don't care). But maybe it could be moved around the next couple years where it would also fall on Mothers Day. It appears if the next weekend is used that would still put another weekend in between it and labor day but you would have to discuss that with State Dock. They may have some other activity on that weekend. What Mom would not like a day out on the lake anyway. :P
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

TTT NEXT WEEKEND!!!!!
campinman
I posted something! WooHoo!

Post by campinman »

I was out today and yesterday. The water is 80+ degree's and feels great! :ymblushing:

And don't listen to E, Camping is the best way to go.... :))
Scott & Fritzi
Cumberland Point Campground & RV Resort
www.cumberlandpointcampground.com
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Well, don't camp unless it is at Cumberland Point Camp Ground of CampinMan's. lol
raptorlvr

Post by raptorlvr »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Well as usual I will only go on Saturday afternoon/evening and will be bright and shiny for Muthas Day. ;) I'm pretty sure State Dock used the same weekend of the month they always use. It just happened that this one fell on Mothers Day. Last year it was the weekend AFTER mother's day and next year if they have it again it would most likely be Mothers Day weekend again unless someone moves the date around a little. Most don't want it the weekend before Memorial Day (I don't care). But maybe it could be moved around the next couple years where it would also fall on Mothers Day. It appears if the next weekend is used that would still put another weekend in between it and labor day but you would have to discuss that with State Dock. They may have some other activity on that weekend. What Mom would not like a day out on the lake anyway. :P
The Spring party has been in May for the past two years...the first weekend of May is our Derby Party, and the last weekend is Memorial Day weekend. The two weekends in between are the only possible ones in May. Everyone moans and groans if we schedule it for the weekend right before Memorial Day weekend.

We could move it back to April? Can't move it into June...think about it for next year.

I know we will never please everyone so make it if you can, if not we'll still have fun...Looks like we're going to have great weather for this weekend!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Hope to get to see a bunch of ya tomorrow!
Pop-O
Better Member

Post by Pop-O »

Fill us in on the important stuff. Who won the cornhole tournament? :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Team Chillin got beat by a girl BUT you got beat by everyone since you two didn't show. [-(
:p
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

...and where was Lock and RockinRod?
raptorlvr

Post by raptorlvr »

I have posted a bunch of pictures on the other forum. Please go there to see them and my comments. It was very tedious to post all the individual pics so I'm not going to do it here...sorry. :)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Thanks Deb, great pics!
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

E_HILLMAN wrote:...and where was Lock and RockinRod?

Lock was showing horses with his 3 yr old daughter, check FB for proof. I do need to get with you and pay for my shirts.

Return to “General Forum of Lake Cumberland”