Spring Forum Party Band

Any random thought and item for the Lake

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Spring Forum Party Band

Post by E_ »

Soooo, since we know that the 2012 Forum party at State Dock is scheduled for the weekend of May 11, 12 & 13th. Does anyone have any ideas on a band?
:AR!
Do you still want Ugly Early? Do you want someone else? It's not really the same to me without Cousin Ronnie with them...

Keep in mind the budget is limited for Forum Party Bands but the deal is soooo sweet for them since not only do they get to put a little cash in their pocket but they also normally get a houseboat for the weekend to boot. They get to party at the lake in style and get to entertain a great crowd at the same time...

:ymparty:
It is always cool to try new bands out; does anyone know any good ones?
If you don't know any good bands do you know what you like to hear? Try not to list bands that other docks use UNLESS that dock is willing to give State permission to use that band on that weekend as well.

Anyway one of our good friends at State Dock asked me to test the "waters" and see what you all are looking for this Spring. Let’s get this discussion going, maybe if we get a few listed we can vote and that might give State Dock something to start with to see if they match the price range and environment. Etc etc. If it is just one listed, well that is at least better than nothing. And if anything maybe at least they will get an idea of what kind of music everyone would like.

In addition to the discussion I SURE HOPE everyone marks the dates for the party. If you have not been to one you really are missing a great opportunity to kick off the official lake season and to meet these people you see online. It is always better to put a face with a name. It makes understanding those comments online all soooo much better where we are less likely to take each other wrong etc._________________

:ymcowboy:
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Re: Spring Forum Party Band

Post by katie »

Gosh dangit Hillman! We'll probably still be in Hawaii.... I know, I know, dont' mean to sound trite but that is during our Yearly Int'l. Convention and me and pappaw are spending time afterwards island hopping as we plan on this being our last time to go over.

It is what it is.... water won't even be swimable then! :p

If I buy a tshirt and take a pic over there to post, will it count? :D
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Nope, but it will be cool.

...now lets hear some Band ideas... :P
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

How about 3 Dog Night, LMAO!!! =)) =)) =)) (just kiddin with ya :D ) :ymhug: ;;)

haa haaa, 1st to hijack this thread (nearly, I'm feeling ornery tonight)
Islander_212
Marina/Ramp: State Dock / Caney Fork

Post by Islander_212 »

Ignore Katie and Jefferina... They are always doing something else.. and then $prare complains that we never have anything he can attend... Ugly Early is the best band I have ever heard at SD and they travel well. Other than that, I have no preference. We could get The Kentucky Linemen, but they would be expensive!
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

Islander_212 wrote:Ignore Katie
:-o :-o :p
I agree.... Ugly Early.
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: JRM

Post by LC addict »

Baker had a good band at his bar last year, i dont remember the name but will check with him. i know they have never been to the lake..... and yes i realize my cap key on the left does not work :-)
My greatest accomplishments call me Mom!
TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER
Marina/Ramp: Burnt Store Marina Florida

Post by TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER »

Bring it on, won't be distracted during cornhole this year
MY BABY WAS BOTTLE FED, IS YOURS???
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Any other ideas? LC, what about this band?

Let the thread run a while longer?

Proclaim Ugly Early?

Wait a few weeks and vote?

I know Ugly Early is interested as they have seen the threads.
Islander_212

Post by Islander_212 »

Ugly Early!!! That way we can coax Cousin Ronnie out of retirement for a set or two...
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER wrote:Bring it on, won't be distracted during cornhole this year

If that ole' gal starts floppin' them boobs around again, the Rooster is cooked.......... =))
TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER

Not this time, got a plan this year
Islander_212

Post by Islander_212 »

TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER wrote:Not this time, got a plan this year
What? Blinders! It won't work, we are not made that way...
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

As far as LakeCumberlandBoaters.com is concerned I am going to go ahead and list Ugly Early. If you wanted someone else go to http://www.lakecumberland.com/forum/vie ... ?tid=32564 and vote for the other selections that are listed. If you don't see the band you wanted... ...that is your fault. lol
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

http://www.lakecumberland.com/forum/vie ... ?tid=32564

Sooo, State Dock do we have a confirmation on Ugly Early or is that still being worked out?

http://www.lakecumberland.com/forum/vie ... ?tid=32564
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Ugly Early is confirmed!
TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER

E_HILLMAN wrote:Ugly Early is confirmed!
Sounds like a plan

Return to “General Forum of Lake Cumberland”