State Dock Rentals

Any random thought and item for the Lake

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

hakunamatata
I posted something! WooHoo!

State Dock Rentals

Post by hakunamatata »

We're renting a houseboat from State Dock later this month and had a few questions as to how their rental and boarding process works.

1. Do they check photo ID's for all passengers? A couple of our passengers don't have a drivers license and I was wondering if this is a problem.

2. How does the boarding process work? Is there an orientation to show us how to operate the boat or do they just give us the keys and tell us to go? Do they pull the boat out of the slip or is it just backed in so we can easily pull out?

3. Will they let us load the boat any earlier than our scheduled boarding time?

4. We are bringing another small boat with us. If we launch it at the state park how long of a ride is it down Pumpkin Creek to State Dock. And it no wake all the way?

5. If we have more than 12 people in our group will they let all of us on the houseboat or will the extra people have to ride in our other boat?

This is our first time renting a houseboat so we'd appreciate all the info we can get.
raptorlvr
Marina/Ramp: Jamestown Marina

Re: State Dock Rentals

Post by raptorlvr »

My advice is to call State Dock and the girls in the reservations dept. will answer all of your questions. :)
raptorlvr
Marina/Ramp: Jamestown Marina

Post by raptorlvr »

toll free number for State Dock: 1-888-782-8336.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Hakuna, Raptor's advice I would say is the best since she also works for State Dock.

However maybe I can help with number 4:
4. We are bringing another small boat with us. If we launch it at the state park how long of a ride is it down Pumpkin Creek to State Dock. And it no wake all the way?
It is not very far and it is not no wake all the way but there is a good long bit of no wake zone from the outter edge of state dock to where you would meet up with where your houseboat is.

In the link below, point A is the ramp, point B should be about where the no wake zone starts and C would be close to where you might would park before getting to the Houseboat.
http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=h&lat=36.926 ... -85.045527
(hopefully those points show up.)
hakunamatata wrote:We're renting a houseboat from State Dock later this month and had a few questions as to how their rental and boarding process works.

1. Do they check photo ID's for all passengers? A couple of our passengers don't have a drivers license and I was wondering if this is a problem.

2. How does the boarding process work? Is there an orientation to show us how to operate the boat or do they just give us the keys and tell us to go? Do they pull the boat out of the slip or is it just backed in so we can easily pull out?

3. Will they let us load the boat any earlier than our scheduled boarding time?

5. If we have more than 12 people in our group will they let all of us on the houseboat or will the extra people have to ride in our other boat?

This is our first time renting a houseboat so we'd appreciate all the info we can get.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.

Return to “General Forum of Lake Cumberland”