Smilin and Gripin

Any random thought and item for the Lake

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Smilin and Gripin

Post by E_ »

These are the weekends I love on the lake. Air temp was perfect, water temp just right and the lake was not really very busy. The pros of this weekend sure outweighed the cons. The worse part about this weekend was having to go home.

Got to see LC Addict and she tried to kidnap my daughter.

Even Governors Cove wasn't too crowded.

Saw some beautiful skies and some VERY clear water.

Did also see some very nasty water that had some "tissue" in it floating that started right next to where I was docked and then was strewn all around the dock finger and out into the no wake zone. Saw some (around 6) 4x4s (or larger) x 3' long fresh cut floating out in a harbor that could have really done a number on some outdrives. Had some oddballs docked next to me that had kids who did not understand the dangers of water and boats as well as some other boat visitors that pretty much took over the dock area and I am pretty sure are who left me a beer can. At one point I was getting ready to back into the slip and they were sliding down the slide (in the marina in the same spot I had seen funk just 8 hours earlier). I asked them to stop for a moment as I was going to dock the boat and then I waited for them to clear the area for me to pull up and back in. All cleared out and stopped sliding so I pulled up and was 1/4 backed in when kids slid down the slide and popped up just 6' from my outdrive. Had no reaction to me telling them to get back and that it was dangerous. Found a beer can on my transom in the middle of the morning after I had already been out once and had not been away from it for more than an hour and was only just inside the houseboat it was tied behind.

Got to pretty much pick out ANY cove I wanted and was even able to anchor in the main lake near the dam without any issues with wake etc. Beautiful just beautiful...

Had a great lunch at Jamestown marina but I fear I was "the bad boater" while I was there. Wife was staying out in our boat in the cabin while my mother and I went in to get food and my wife did not see the dog jump out of the boat and he ran over to a table of people sitting outside. Then he did it one more time when I was carrying our daughter inside and she was busy with something. She apologized both times but they seems pretty put out by it. He was not in their laps or anything. Just standing in between their chairs very briefly. Normally I have him tied but since she was watching him I did not think to do so... (my bad) Wife said she saw them later take a picture of the front of our boat. Not sure what that was all about since if they had an issue they should have said so when the apology was given. They were not "real" boaters anyway in my opinion. Who comes down and uses a rental pontoon and then wears khaki pants and polo shirts? Really? lol If it’s not punks it is wanna be preps. I know that incident was my bad but it’s not like it was on purpose. Guess there for a moment I was boater of the year. =)) #-o

Had great food and service at Jamestown Marina. Was going to go to the one at State dock but it looked like the houseboat show was doing well and looked to be a bit busy.

Saw a guy leaving a nice lil wake heading out of State/Jamestown's harbor. Was about triple idle speed. Main lake wasn’t bad at all and got to see some nice go fast boats that I am guessing are in town for the run in a couple weeks.

Finally noticed G Day Mate's boat. But then felt sad thinkin about a fellow boater having a bad time and a summer cut short.

Did I mention I got to see LC? Well that wasn't all roses either? She delivered a slap from RE3 as well. :D:P

Shew, glad I got all that off my chest. The dam sure was dam beautiful last night. Was even purdier today as we were anchored off in a large cove east of the mouth to Indian Creek that has a perfect view of it. ...but then had to go home.

Our lil one may only be 1 but she is already fully enjoying the lake. The only problem is we have trouble getting her to nap now. She doesn’t want to miss anything… lol, LC was actually able to get her to fall asleep for a moment while tied off in a cove. Next year I bet we have a blast with her even more… Hey Jabez boy (if you read down this far though all this bs lol) have you brought yours out much yet?

What I am tryin to say is there sure are a lot of chit heads out there. And plenty of donkeys as well. Sometimes it might be us being the dummies (my dog incident) but I sure don't ever plan for it to be on purpose nor do I plan to let it happen again... But when it is all said and done no matter the annoyances you have when you are on the lake it is still 110% worth it. It would take a day like Bubbles had a few years ago for me to say I had a bad weekend on the lake. I was more of a recluse then normal this week but that is fine as I hope to see plenty of the forum gang on Poker Run weekend AND MOST CERTAINLY AT THE FORUM PARTY! Hope all can make it! :cool:
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Smilin and Gripin

Post by E_ »

ps, do rental houseboats have hot water?
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

lol, I also forgot right at the get go for the weekend. I backed the boat in and though the batteries were charged it would not start for nuttin. ...ended up it was a godsend as I was rushing to get everything in line as it was late a night and I left the drive up. After someone pointed that out to me (than you stranger) I put the drive down and then checked the kill switch, sure enough the kill switch was tripped and after flipping it all was good.

See, give and take yin and yang, its all good. B-) :ymhug:
Sunset Lady

Post by Sunset Lady »

E, I am glad you had a good weekend at the lake, even with a few annoyances the beauty of the lake makes it all worth it.

And by the way the rental boat we stayed on last year, at another marina, didn't have hot water either. Not sure whats up with that :-\ .
JabezBoy
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs Marina

Post by JabezBoy »

E -
Yes, ask LC - my babies (19 months in a few days) were out a LOT this summer! They love it! Yes, they don't nap as much, but I think we have that figured out too now. We go to location B, and right before nap time, we pull up anchor and go to where we want to go, location A, and on the ride there, they always fall asleep in our arms riding down the lake. Then we just lay them in the cabin cuddy and anchor up. Ok - that doesn't always work, but it is a theory in progress.
I have also noticed that sometimes when we think they are over-tired and crying in the boat, they just want to get in the water. More than once this summer, they have been crying and when we put them in the water, they got great big happy faces! :-) (much like Daddy!)
We're planning on coming down this Thursday night. Perhaps we'll see you?
"Boats - Vessels of Freedom, Harbours of Healing - Boats"
E_
Site Admin

The good and the bad

Post by E_ »

I won't be down this coming weekend but you have a pretty good system there. Ours did fall asleep most times we were running down the lake.

________________________________________________________________________________
Good, Quiet cove where baby can float
0827111312a (Custom).jpg
0827111312a (Custom).jpg (81.43 KiB) Viewed 10935 times

Bad - guy wakin through no wake zone
0827111714a (Custom).jpg
0827111714a (Custom).jpg (73.81 KiB) Viewed 10935 times

Good - relaxin on a beautiful day
0827111505a (Custom).jpg
0827111505a (Custom).jpg (82.13 KiB) Viewed 10935 times
Bad - Large debris in a harbor
0827110634a (Custom).jpg
0827110634a (Custom).jpg (53.48 KiB) Viewed 10935 times

Good - boatels are great with babies
0827110906a (Custom).jpg
0827110906a (Custom).jpg (73.3 KiB) Viewed 10935 times

Bad - somepeople don't care about dumping waste
0827110734ab (Custom).jpg
0827110734ab (Custom).jpg (32.39 KiB) Viewed 10935 times
Good
0827111407a (Custom).jpg
0827111407a (Custom).jpg (63.66 KiB) Viewed 10935 times
Good - got to see some lake history
0828110906a (Custom).jpg
0828110906a (Custom).jpg (75.75 KiB) Viewed 10935 times

It may not be all good but it was a beautiful relaxing weekend.
JabezBoy

Post by JabezBoy »

Monkeys![attachment=0]
Attachments
The babies (and big brother) love the cuddy cabin!
The babies (and big brother) love the cuddy cabin!
Eben Lucy Olivia in Cabin Cuddy.jpg (1.18 MiB) Viewed 10922 times
JabezBoy

Post by JabezBoy »

Monkeys II !!!
Attachments
Right before nappy time!
Right before nappy time!
Tessa.Olivia.Lucy on Lake.jpg (1.1 MiB) Viewed 10922 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

THOSE ARE GREAT!
Sunset Lady

Post by Sunset Lady »

Very nice pictures all! Lovely families!
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: JRM

Post by LC addict »

E_HILLMAN wrote:
Got to see LC Addict and she tried to kidnap my daughter.
Did I mention I got to see LC? Well that wasn't all roses either? She delivered a slap from RE3 as well. :D:P
Hey there poopboy! I did get her to sleep for a short time for you! And I'm sure you deserved that slap or RE3 wouldn't have had me deliver it!!!
But mostly......next time I'm taking her!!!
My greatest accomplishments call me Mom!
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Thanks for the slap, Suz. It was needed in general!

Other than that...IMHO E is a bad, bad boater! "Goin' Tarpless" sucks! E should be branded and apologize to the rest of us happy campers! :ymdevil: :-*
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
imaposer
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: conley bottom

Post by imaposer »

Ok E, you got me to finally upload my camera to my smugmug account to put up some photos.

Yep, it was a great weekend out. Probably the latest we've stayed out on a Sunday all year.

Think water patrol would call this a legal spotter?

hair style by tubing.

This was our first weekend with the tube and the pontoon. Holy heck, that thing is great for tubing. And I didn't know my wife wanted a tube so bad. Not for the kids, but for her! Between her and the two extra "weekend kids"(our niece and nephew), there was always a fight to see who got to go next. I think I need to buy a bigger tube!
yeehaw
I posted something! WooHoo!
Marina/Ramp: I have found myself using Jamestown marina the past few years. Prior to that I was closer to the East end of the lake using Burnside or Conley Bottom.

Post by yeehaw »

What the heck, I will throw some out here also. Could take me a few attempts to get this right, I say very little on forums and have never attempted to upload pics! If they work, this is from a trip earlier in August.
Attachments
Pic of myself, wife, daughter, stepdaughter
Pic of myself, wife, daughter, stepdaughter
phpdTS9xhPM.jpg (55.28 KiB) Viewed 10869 times
wife and daughter
wife and daughter
php9zNxnsPM.jpg (106.14 KiB) Viewed 10869 times
daughter jumping
daughter jumping
phpAQICAZPM.jpg (117.37 KiB) Viewed 10869 times
stepdaughter on the left
stepdaughter on the left
phpe5d5eSPM.jpg (130.13 KiB) Viewed 10869 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

That's great! Always love seeing pics of the lake and people enjoying it. That is one thing that this forum is good and and that is allowing some larger sized photos to be uploaded. Heck I even allow MS Word documents etc. I figured ...why not.

Great to see you posting YeeHaw!
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

re3too wrote:Thanks for the slap, Suz. It was needed in general!

Other than that...IMHO E is a bad, bad boater! "Goin' Tarpless" sucks! E should be branded and apologize to the rest of us happy campers! :ymdevil: :-*
E's really gettin' old! Notice to all.....we can get away wif anything and he'll never notice! O:-) :ymdevil:
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

Worlds best nephew enjoying Christmas in July from his favorite Aunt!
Attachments
LC009.JPG
LC009.JPG (59.24 KiB) Viewed 10852 times
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

Beautiful night on the water
Beautiful night on the water
LC055.JPG (47.14 KiB) Viewed 10852 times
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

okay E, fix my pics so they aren't so big!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

re3too wrote:

E's really gettin' old! Notice to all.....we can get away wif anything and he'll never notice! O:-) :ymdevil:

Oh I saw it before, I was just givin a lil old lady her moment. :p :ymcowboy:
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

LC addict wrote:okay E, fix my pics so they aren't so big!
LC, go here:
http://www.lakecumberlandboaters.com/fi ... orWindows/

Run either
ImageResizer-2.1_x86.msi or ImageResizer-2.1_x64.msi

generally one or the other will work on your PC so if one fails try the other. x86 is for 32 bit OSs and x64 is for a 64 bit PC. I have it on XP and Windows7 one on 32 and one on 64 and all work.

Then any pictures you ever want to upload just select them, then right click on them and choose "Resize Pictures" and set them to 800x600 or somewhere around that size. ;) Then you just upload the new version of the pic that will have either custom or small or meduim, etc. appended to the end of the filename to show it is the resized one.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

E_HILLMAN wrote:
re3too wrote:

Oh I saw it before, I was just givin a lil old lady her moment. :p :ymcowboy:
Nice try, Fartacus! I ain't buyin' it! :D ;;) :-*
Sunset Lady

Post by Sunset Lady »

Great pictures all! Moonlight across the water is beautiful, wish I could have been there.
Imaposer I love your spotter, looks like he/she was doing a great job too!

Return to “General Forum of Lake Cumberland”